PGDM in Information Technology Overview
PGDM in Information Technology- What is PGDM in Information Technology? PGDM in IT basically stands for a Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Information Technology. This course is designed to help students gain skills and ample knowledge of the IT field, which are necessary to pursue a career in the IT industry. This course is basically a two-year program and can be done either on a regular basis or through an online/distance platform and is divided into four semesters. This course is accredited by AICTE. PGDM in Information Technology covers various aspects of the IT industry the syllabus of this course covers basic covers basically software engineering, computer networking, database management, and web development.
PGDM in Information Technology eligibility requires students to hold a bachelor’s degree or have graduated in India in any of the relevant fields from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50%. Students can appear for the MAT, CAT, ATMA, etc. are any other state-level exam. PGDM in Information Technology will provide you with a deep understanding of information technology. It also helps you in building strong solving skills and managerial skills. You’ll get access to the latest technology tools and platforms that are available in the market. There are plenty of job opportunities after doing PGDM in information technology with a high salary and global exposure.
PGDM in Information Technology Highlights
|Course Name||Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Information Technology|
|Also known as||PGDMIT|
|Eligibility||Graduation with at least 45-50%|
|Entrance exams||MAT (management aptitude test) , CAT, ATMA (AIMA Test for Management Admissions), or any other state-level exams, college universities conducts their own entrance exam.|
|Expected fee||INR 2,50,000- INR 22,00,000|
|Top recruiting companies||IBM, HP, TCS, Google, Microsoft, Wipro, Accenture|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 45,000|
Now no one can even imagine a world without computers, everything is on computers even the world is on computers. Everything is managed and operated by using computers and computer software their networking system etc. information technology is the use of computer networking system storage and other hardware etc. devices to get the job done easily. In a simple sense, it is used in the context of business operations. Information technology provides means to develop processes analyze and secure the information that can be used in this competitive world
The Harvard Business Review coined the term information technology to make a distinction between purpose build a machine designed to perform a limited scope of function and general-purpose computing machines that could be programmed for various tasks.
PGDM in Information Technology
PGDM in Information Technology stands for a Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Information Technology. A PGDM in Information Technology is a course that covers various aspects of the IT industry.
PGDM in Information Technology syllabus for this course covers topics like software engineering, computer networking, database management, and web development. This course is designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the IT industry. Various topics such as IT project management, IT security risk management, BPO IT infrastructure management, e-business, etc. PGDM Information Technology provides students with the proper and deep knowledge that how its system works, its operation, and its management.
PGDM in Information Technology provides jobs with great exposure for students who want to pursue a career in the IT and management field such as Project Manager, IT Manager, Team Leader, System Analyst, Business Analyst, and Software Consultant. The duration of this course is two years.
PGDM in Information Technology- What are the skills required for PGDM in IT? If you’re looking to pursue a PGDM Information Technology there are a few things you’ll need to ensure you have before beginning the program.
- Basics of IT: it is important that you have a strong understanding of the basics of IT and how it works. You should have a good grasp of concepts like programming, networking, databases, basic of IT management, etc.
- Comfortable with computers: you should be very comfortable using computers and various other software and hardware applications.
- Communication skills: as you will be working with a variety of people in the IT field it is important that you are able to explain concepts clearly and concisely as well as you have to be a good listener to understand other’s concepts as well.
- Quick problem solver: you should be able to think analytically and solve problems with you it is important to skill in this field since you’ll often be dealing with complex issues.
PGDM In Information Technology Duration
The duration of a PGDM in Information Technology course may vary from institute to institute. The minimum duration of the course is two years, while the maximum duration is three years. It can be done on a regular basis or through distance education platforms. The course structure of a PGDM in Information Technology is designed in such a way that it covers all the aspects of Information Technology. The course starts with the basics of Information Technology and then from there, it moves to advanced topics. The course is divided into four semesters, with each semester having six months duration.
The first semester of the course covers the basics of Information Technology, which includes an introduction to computer hardware and software, networking, database management, and web design. The second semester covers advanced topics in Information Technology, which includes data mining, data warehousing, cloud computing, and software engineering.
The third semester of the course is devoted to the project work. Students have to complete a live project during this semester. The fourth semester is devoted to the summer internship. Students have to undergo an internship in a company related to their field of interest.
After successful completion of all the semesters, students are awarded the degree of PGDM in Information Technology.
PGDM in Information Technology Eligibility
PGDM in Information Technology- What is the eligibility required for PGDM in Information Technology? The eligibility for students must hold a bachelor’s degree or have graduated in India in any of the relevant fields from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50%. Students can appear for MAT, CAT, ATMA, etc. are any other state-level exam. Even colleges and universities could conduct entrance tests for a student to determine their eligibility for a particular course
PGDM in Information Technology Syllabus
PGDM in Information Technology- What does the PGDM in Information Technology syllabus program entail? The postgraduate diploma in management in information technology is a two-year program that is divided into four semesters and is accredited by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
The program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers all aspects of information technology management. The first semester covers foundation courses such as management principles and accounting. The second semester covers core courses such as project management, system analysis and design, and database management.
The third semester is dedicated to elective courses, and students can choose from a wide range of topics such as e-commerce, web technologies, and software engineering. The fourth semester is devoted to the completion of a major research project.
The program also includes a mandatory industrial training component, which gives students the opportunity to gain real-world experience in the IT industry.
Below is the syllabus described by the various universities for doing postgraduate diplomas in management and information technology,
PGDM in Information technology syllabus semester-wise:
PGDM in Information technology 1st year syllabus (semester 1 & 2)
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Statistics||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Economics||Human Resource Management|
|Management Functions and Organization Behavior||Operations Management|
|Business Communications||Computer Networks|
|Financial and Management Accounting||Database Management System|
|Management Information Systems||Decision Support Systems|
PGDM in Information technology 2nd year syllabus (semester 3 & 4)
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Financial Systems||Data Warehousing and Mining|
|IS Audit||e-Commerce & m-Commerce|
|Data Analytics & Business Intelligence||Enterprise Systems|
|HR Systems||IT Strategies for Business|
PGDM in Information Technology Advantages
A PGDM Information Technology can provide you with the skills and enough knowledge that you need to stay ahead in this competitive world. Here are just a few of the benefits of pursuing a PGDM in information technology
- Deep understanding of information technology: A PGDM in information technology will provide you with a thorough understanding of how an IT system works and how and how it can be used to achieve various goals. While pursuing this course you will able to learn different types of software hardware network systems and how they all work together to produce a better result. This knowledge will always help you in your career whether you are working in it or not.
- Strong problem-solving skills: IT is all about solving problems quickly and effectively. From fixing a website or developing a new software application, you have to identify the problem and then find a new and creative solution. Pursuing a PGDM in Information Technology will help you in developing problem-solving skills and adapt to this changing world. Managerial skills: Every project requires careful planning and execution. You’ll need to be able to manage multiple tasks, before the deadline. Doing PGDM in Information Technology will give you the skills that you need to plan execute and manage IT projects effectively.
- Latest technology tools and platforms: One of the best things about doing a PGDM in Information Technology is that you’ll gain access to the latest technology tools and platforms. By this, you’ll stay up-to-date with the latest technology in the IT industry.
- Job opportunities: IT is the future. No one can imagine a world without information technology. There are plenty of job opportunities after pursuing a PGDM in Information Technology. This will enhance you skills and knowledge that you need to have to get into this growing job market.
- High salary: The skills that IT professionals have led them to be some of the highest-paid employees in the world. Pursuing a PGDM in Information Technology will give you the opportunity to earn a high salary and even entry-level jobs.
- Global exposure: Information technology is not a confined subject. It is spread all over the world. Doing a PGDMA in Information Technology will give you the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
PGDM in Information Technology Top Colleges in India
The top colleges offering PGDM in Information Technology are listed below:
|Sr. No.||Name of the college||Average fees (INR)|
|1||Indian institute of management, Lucknow||INR 19.25 lakh|
|2||IIBS Bangalore||INR 8 lakhs|
|3||G L Bajaj Institute of Management and Research||INR 1.7 LPA|
|4||Chandigarh universities||INR 1 lakh|
|5||Globsyn Business School, Kolkata||INR 4.00 LPA|
|6||Lovely professional university, Jalandhar||INR 1.56 LPA|
|7||Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||INR 2.4 LPA|
|8||Parul university, Gujrat||INR 2.26 lakhs|
Top college for doing PGDM in Information technology in Delhi:
|2||University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [USMS IPU], New Delhi|
|3||GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research|
|4||Khatu Shyam Institute of Management and technology|
Top college for doing PGDM in Information technology in Pune:
|1||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management|
|2||Bharati Vidyapeeth university|
|4||Balaji institute of technology management|
Top college for doing PGDM in Information technology in Bangalore:
|1||International School of business and research|
|2||Presidency business school|
|3||International Institute of business studies|
|4||Aakson institute for management studies|
Top college for doing PGDM in Information technology in Hyderabad:
|1||University of Hyderabad, School of Management Studies|
|2||Badruka institute of Management studies|
|3||Presidency School of Management and computer science|
Top college for doing PGDM in Information technology through online/distance learning:
|1||Amity distance university|
|2||ICFAI distance learning|
|4||IGNOU distance education|
|5||Manipal distance university|
|6||Narsee Monjee institute of management studies distance learning|
PGDM in Information Technology Scope
PGDM in Information Technology has great scope where, either one can opt for MBA courses or any other relevant degree as having these degrees opens a variety of job opportunities, they can even indulge themselves to the Ph.D. Courses in the same field or start a job from companies who hire people to design develop implement support to manage Information and database especially software applications. In today’s digital era IT professionals and IT support are important parts of the job market. The average salary offered to PGDM in information technology professionals and support staff ranges from INR 4 LPA to INR 7 LPA.
Following are some of the major scopes of doing PGDM in information technology:
- Team leaders
- Business analysts
- Chief Technical Officer
- Information technology director
- Project manager- IT software
- Cyber security manager
- Ethical hacker
- IT security manager
- Information system manager chief Information OfficerProject manager
- IT manager
- System analysts
- Software consultant
- Data processing manager
- Business Development Manager
Job opportunities after doing PGDM in Information Technology
Considering India is an IT hub and the fastest-growing country in the field of information technology, PGDM in Information technology graduates have a lot of opportunities for well-paid professions. IT Managers are in high demand at companies like Google, Amazon, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Infosys, IBM, and many others, both in India and overseas.
|Job Profile||Roles and Responsibility||Average Salary|
|Data Processing Manager||Responsible for overseeing a company’s whole data processing operations and offering technical and human resource support for various business and non-business applications, such as systems analysis, design, and research. The data processing managers are also in charge of the business’s overall computer infrastructure.||INR 5 LPA|
|Business Development Managers||Responsible for identifying the organization’s needs, offering necessary services to potential customers, and upholding positive client relationships. They move from city to city to increase the company’s market share and reach.||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Information System Managers||Responsible for budgeting, maintaining software systems, keeping enterprise records confidential, managing a team of engineers and experts, and adhering to business requirements.||INR 9 LPA|
|Project Manager||Responsible for planning and ensuring that projects are finished on time and within the allotted budget. Resource planning and allocation, budget preparation, progress monitoring, and stakeholder communication are all tasks carried out by project managers. All of this is carried out in accordance with an organization’s objectives. For a wide range of projects, including those in the fields of construction, Technology, human resources, and marketing, project managers are required.||INR 14 LPA|
|Chief Technical Officers||Responsible for the business’s research and development (R&D) division. They are also referred to as chief technical officers (CTOs), and they analyze an organization’s immediate and long-term demands before making expenditures that would support the achievement of its goals.||INR 30 LPA|
|Information Technology Director||Responsible for every technical works, thus they must be familiar with how networks operate and project management techniques. They guarantee that tasks are completed properly. When something goes wrong, they ought to be able to come up with original solutions.||INR 40 LPA|
|Chief Information Officers||Responsible for company’s systems, procedures, and personnel. They produce results that help the company achieve its objectives.||INR 48 LPA|
Latest trends in Information Technology
Nothing is stable so as technology. Technology is ever-changing and evolving day by day. The IT field is constantly adapting to new trends and technologies, which makes it a dynamic field to work in. If you are considering a career in IT or already working in this field, it is important to stay up-to-date.
Here are a few of the most significant trends to keep an eye on:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): One of the latest and hottest trends in IT nowadays is Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning. These technologies are being used by businesses to automate tasks, improve decision-making, and improve efficiency. With AI businesses can analyze large databases faster and more accurately. As AI and machine learning become more common nowadays, demand for IT professionals with these skills will continue to grow
- Cloud computing: Cloud computing is an everlasting trend for years and there is no sign of slowing down. Businesses are using the cloud to store data and run applications. Cloud computing has many advantages cost saving, flexibility reliability. As the use of cloud computing
- Data analysis: With the growing amount of data being generated every day, businesses need IT professionals Who can help their tasks easier. If you are willing to start learning about its technology and how to use them effectively there are various courses like PGDM in Information technology that can help you get started.
- Cybersecurity: With the growing use of technology, the need for cybersecurity also growing. With more businesses and individuals using technology, there is an increased risk of cyber-attacks on personal information. Cybersecurity is an important part of information technology. If you want to work in the cybersecurity field you have to start learning about cybersecurity threats and how and how to prevent them, they are various courses like PGDM in Information technology which can help you in learning cybersecurity.
- Internet of things: The Internet of things (IoT) is another hot and latest trend in IT. IoT refers to the growing network of devices that are connected to the Internet. This includes everything from appliances to cars to be able devices home security systems phone security systems etc. as the IOT continues to grow with time, businesses will need IT professionals from this field who can manage and secure these devices.
Frequently Asked Questions about PGDM in Information Technology
Q. What is a PGDM in information technology?
Ans. A PGDM in information technology is a postgraduate diploma in management in Information Technology. This course is of basically two years and it can be earned in either a traditional university program or an online / distance program.
Q. What are the learnings in a PGDM in information technology program?
Ans. In a PGDM in an information technology program, you will learn about computer systems network database management software applications hardware applications. He will also learn about project management information security cybersecurity business continuity business management etc.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing PGDM information technology?
Ans. The admission required for a PGDM Information Technology Program very from different universities and schools. However, most programs required that you must have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in India.
Q. What are the career options available after completing a PGDM in information technology?
Ans. There is a lot of career option available after completing a PGDM in information technology. You could work in a variety of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, government, finance, management, etc. You could also work as a consultant system administrator, database administrator, software engineer, etc.
Q. What jobs are available after completing a PGDM in information technology?
Ans. Some of the highly respectable jobs available after completing PGDM Information Technology are:
- Project manager
- Data processing manager
- Chief Technical Officer
- Information technology director
- Information system manager
- Business development manager
- Chief Information Officer
Q. What average salary one can expect after doing PGDM in information technology?
Ans. You can expect an average salary of INR 4 lakhs to 7 lakhs after doing PGDM in information technology.