NEET ( National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test ) 2022 examination is to be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the admission of eligible candidates to the undergraduate medical courses in medical establishments. The test for National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test [NEET(UG) 2022 in on-line mode. There’s a small modification within the NEET test Pattern that has been mentioned well below.
NEET 2022 is going to be conducted in thirteen different languages, for the admission of eligible students to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and different undergraduates (UG) medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental/AYUSH and different Colleges/ Deemed Universities /Institutes across india. The languages within which the NEET (UG) 2022 has been conducted are: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. NEET-UG is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India. NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted in offline mode to apply for admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Nursing and other courses. All the government and private medical colleges are going to offer admission under 15% AIQ ( All India Quota ) and 85% State Level Quota Seats. Also, NEET is the sole valid examination for admission to institutes like JIPMER, AIIMS, PGIMER, etc.
Details about the total chapters in NEET will be shared in this article as well. Students should have proper knowledge for the NEET syllabus 2022. The 2022 NEET Syllabus is predicted to be lesser than that of the previous year according to the trends.Make sure you have a NEET 2022 syllabus pdf with you so you can check the syllabus whenever you want. The syllabus of NEET 2022 will most probably be similar to that of NEET exam syllabus 2021. To improve their chances of qualifying for the NTA NEET 2022 exam, candidates must understand the NEET 2022 exam pattern. The NTA NEET Admit Card 2022 will be available on the official website for registered candidates. Students should check the NTA’s eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for NEET 2022.
NEET Syllabus 2022
Candidates appearing for the medical entrance exam should be aware of the NEET complete syllabus 2022 for better preparation. Knowing the NEET syllabus in early stages will boost the level of preparation The National Medical Commission (NMC) designs the syllabus of NEET-UG 2022. Aspirants can download the NEET 2022 syllabus below.
NEET UG syllabus includes topics from Physics, Biology & Chemistry. You can download a NEET syllabus 2022 pdf. Also the NEET portion 2022 is probably going to be the same as the syllabus of NEET 2021. The NEET weightage 2022 is basically a subject wise distribution of topics from the subjects which will determine their weightage in exam as how many percentages will they hold in the question paper.
The NEET official syllabus for the year 2022 might reduce as per the trends but it’ll most likely be similar to what was for the year of 2021.
Candidates can go through the important topics along with weightage for each subject in the NEET exam below. It must be noted that the topic-wise weightage is mentioned based on past year analysis. Below we’ll provide you details about NEET 2022 syllabus with weightage, NEET 2022 chapter wise weightage, NEET syllabus 2022 topic wise, Total chapter in NEET and more. Weightage of chapters in NEET 2022 by NTA shall be updates on NTA NEET’s official website
|Mode of exam||Offline Mode|
|Total Duration of exam||3 hours each|
|Total questions asked||180 questions|
|Overall marks||720 marks|
|Sections||3 sections - Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Number of questions asked||35 + 15 questions|
|Sectional marks||180 marks|
|Number of questions asked||35 + 15 questions|
|Sectional marks||180 marks|
|Number of questions asked||100 questions|
|Sectional marks||360 marks|
|Scheme of marking||· +4 marks for a right answer
· -1 marks for a wrong answer
· 0 marks for an unattempted answer
Total Chapter In NEET - Subject wise weightage
There are 98 chapters in NEET syllabus
- Physics — 30
- Class 11- 15 chapters
- Class 12- 15 chapters
- Chemistry — 30
- Class 11- 14 chapters
- Class 12- 16 chapters
- Biology — 38
- Class 11- 22 chapters
- Class 12- 16 chapters
Physics – Total Chapter in NEET 2022
|NEET Physics topics||Weightage|
|Class 11 topics|
|Physical world and measurement||2%|
|Laws of Motion||3%|
|Work, Energy and Power||4%|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||5%|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||3%|
|Oscillations and Waves||3%|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||3%|
|Class 12 Topics|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||5%|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||8%|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||6%|
|Atoms and Nuclei||3%|
Best Books for NEET 2022 Physics
|1||NCERT Physics class 11 and 12
Note - Physics ncert books for NEET pdf will also provide candidates with better study material.
|2||Concepts of Physics, part 1 and 2 by H C Verma
Note – Also, Hc Verma physics for 2021 pdf download can help you as the syllabus and topics are probably the same.
|3||Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|4||Objective Physics for medical entrance examination (volumes 1 and 2) by D C Pandey|
|5||Objective NCERT at your Fingertips by MTG|
|6||Physics MCQ by D Mukherjee
Note –You can also download D mukherjee physics mcq pdf for reference online.
|7||Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov|
Note – You can also refer to fingertips physics pdf.
Tips for NEET Physics preparation 2022
Physics is considered the toughest section in the NEET UG 2022 syllabus. Candidates must prepare well for this section as it can be a rank decider in NEET exam 2022.
- Learn concepts: Candidates preparing for NEET 2022 have ample time at their hands for preparation. Students must focus on building conceptual clarity in NEET Physics. Students should understand both theory and the applications as questions asked in NEET Physics are tricky in nature.
- Formulas: Learning, practising and revising formulas are an important part of NEET Physics preparation. Students must master all the formulas in NEET Physics syllabus and practice different types of questions on each formula.
- Revision: Owing to a large number of concepts, formulas, and types of questions in the NEET Physics section, it becomes difficult to remember. Thus, students must allot significant time for revision in their NEET timetable.
Chemistry - Total Chapter in NEET 2022
To know the important topics in the Chemistry NEET Syllabus, No. of chapters, topic-wise weightage, and books for preparation check below the NTA NEET syllabus 2022 for chemistry.
|NEET Chemistry topics||Weightage|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||1%|
|Structure of Atom||2%|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||2%|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||5%|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||2%|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||2%|
|Some p-Block Elements||2%|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||4%|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||2%|
|d and f Block Elements||4%|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||3%|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||4%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||4%|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||2%|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||2%|
Best Books for NEET 2022 Chemistry
|S.No||Name of Book|
|1||NCERT Chemistry class 11 and 12|
|2||Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon|
|3||MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips|
|4||Modern’s ABC of Chemistry (Class 11 and 12) by S.P. Jauhar|
|5||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee|
Tips for preparation of Chemistry in NEET 2022
The Chemistry section of the NEET exam is one of the easiest and most scoring. By performing well in the Chemistry section, candidates can drastically improve their NEET 2022 exam scores. Check some tips for NEET Chemistry preparation below.
- NCERTs: Covering NCERTs is crucial for NEET Chemistry preparation. A significant number of questions in the Chemistry section of NEET exam are based on NCERTs directly. While starting preparation, students must focus on understanding concepts of NEET Chemistry 2022.
- Physical Chemistry preparation: “In Chemistry, I always advise students to complete the topics of Physical Chemistry first while preparing for NEET. Read the concepts of Physical Chemistry from NCERT, and then test the understanding by practising questions from MCQs and question banks,” advised Anand Nagarajan, Head T.I.M.E Chennai.
- Inorganic Chemistry preparation: “In ‘Inorganic Chemistry’, before starting a topic, look up previous years’ question papers to understand which are the topics from which the maximum questions are asked. Repeat the formula chart activity (include formulae of important chemicals and minerals) as done in physics and memorise them daily. Frequently revise topics such as coordination chemistry and p-block chemistry to ensure maximum retention. Keep on trusting NCERT as far as Inorganic Chemistry is concerned.” said Aakash Choudhary, Director of Aakash Educational Services.
Biology -Total Chapter in NEET 2022
Check the important topics along with weightage in the syllabus of NEET Biology below. NEET 2022 Biology syllabus will mostly contain topics from class 11 & 12.
Below we’ve provided chapter wise weightage for neet 2022
|NEET Biology topics||Weightage|
|Diversity in Living World||14%|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||5%|
|Cell Structure and Function||9%|
|Genetics and Evolution||18%|
|Biology and Human Welfare||9%|
|Biotechnology and Its Applications||4%|
|Ecology and Environment||6%|
NEET 2022 Biology Books
|S.No||Name of Book (According To Biology NEET syllabus)|
|1||NCERT Biology class 11 and 12|
|2||Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips by MTG|
|3||Biology Classes 11 and 12 (Volume 1 & 2) by Pradeep Publications|
|4||A Class Book for Botany by A C Dutta|
|5||Objective Biology (volumes 1 & 2) by GR Bathla|
|6||Objective Biology (volumes 1 and 2) by Trueman Publications|
NEET Biology 2022 Preparation
The biology section carries the highest weightage in the NEET-UG exam. A total of 90 questions carrying 360 marks are asked from NEET Biology. Check the tips for preparation of the NEET biology section below.
- Study NCERTs line by line: Covering Biology NCERT books is a must while preparing for NEET exam. Candidates must cover the complete NEET Biology syllabus and revise it multiple times before NEET 2022 exams.
- Diagrams and charts: NEET Biology syllabus includes diagrams and charts, which candidates must prepare thoroughly for the exam. Questions based on diagrams are often asked in the Biology section of the NEET medical entrance test.
- Expert’s advice: “For NEET 2021 Biology prepare ‘Human Physiology’, ‘Plant Physiology’, ‘Cell Biology’, and ‘Biomolecules’ from Class XI syllabus according to previous questions in NEET. Moreover, ‘Animalia’ and ‘Plantae’ must be given special attention as they are comparatively tough topics. The main emphasis, however, should be on characteristics of non-chordata and chordate phyla along with their examples,” advised Aakash Choudhary, Director of Aakash Educational Services to NEET aspirants.