Centres for CAT
Along with the official announcement, the list of CAT exam centres for 2023 will be made public. According to a notice from the previous year, Imphal was added to the list of test cities for the CAT exam. Candidates can now choose to take their test in Imphal if they want to. The CAT exam centres for 2023 will be chosen based on what the applicants want.
Candidates can choose up to six cities where they want to take the CAT 2023 exam when they fill out the CAT application form. Once an exam site has been chosen for CAT 2023, the authority in charge will not accept requests to change it. The official website will have information about where the test will be given.
CAT Exam Centres in 2023: A Quick Look
The CAT exam centres for 2023 will be announced by the organisation in charge through an official notice. According to a notice from the previous year, CAT 2023 will be given in about 150 cities across the country. Imphal has been added to the list of CAT 2023 test cities.
On the application form, people who want to take the exam must choose up to 6 exam centres that are convenient for them. Based on these choices, the CAT test centres for 2023 will be chosen. The CAT exam centre for 2023 will be written on the admit cards that will be sent to people who signed up for the test before the deadline.
The CAT exam must be taken on the set date in one of the well-equipped computer labs used for CAT exams. About 400 of these labs, which is more than 150, give the CAT exam. Srinagar, which is in Jammu and Kashmir, was added to the list of CAT 2023 test sites.
The IIM CAT is a computer-based MBA entrance exam for people who want to get into IIMs and other B-schools in India. Those who want to take the CAT exam should read the summary of the exam centres below:
|Full Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||CAT|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore|
|Frequency of conduct||Annual|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 1150 for SC/ ST/ PwDINR 2300 for all others|
|Mode of Exam||CBT|
|Purpose of Exam||For admission to PGP/MBA/Fellow Programs in Management|
|Institute Accepting CAT Score||IIMs, IITs, IISc, and other participating institutes|
|Score Validity||One year|
|CAT Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
How to Choose CAT Examination Centre 2023?
When filling out the CAT application form 2023, candidates can choose up to six cities where they want to take the test. The candidate’s preferred city on the application form will be used to decide where they will take the CAT test. Candidates can choose the CAT 2023 test centres by following these simple steps:
Step 1: People who want to take the CAT in 2023 should go to the official website and sign up.
Step 2: Make an online login ID and fill out the online application.
Step 3: During the application process, the “choose test city” step will come up.
Step 4: Choose up to six cities based on what you like. The first city on the list means it is the most wanted, while the last city on the list means it is the least wanted.
Step 5: Fill out the rest of the form and pay the exam fee before sending it in.
Important Points on CAT Test Centres
The CAT website will list the cities where the tests will be given, and the admit card will also have this information. When applying for the CAT, candidates must choose the city where they want to take the test. Look at the information below about where the CAT exam will be held in 2023:
- The candidate won’t know where to take the CAT until after the admit cards are given out.
- The actual location of the CAT exam centre 2023 will be written on the CAT admit card.
- A Google map will be built into the digital version of the admit card to help candidates find the CAT exam centre.
- You can’t change the exam location after getting your CAT to admit card.
- The organisation in charge of the tests can close any test centre at any time.
When to show up at CAT Exam Centres
At each center, the CAT 2023 test will be given three times: in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Here are the details about when to show up for the CAT 2023 exam.
- The morning session goes from 8:30 to 10:30 in the morning. The meeting for the afternoon is at 7:30 AM.
- From 12:30 to 2:30 is the afternoon session. For the afternoon session, you need to be there at 11:30 PM.
- The meeting in the evening is from 4:30 to 6:30. For the afternoon session, you need to be there at 3:30 PM.
- The last time you can get into the exam centres is
- The morning session starts at 8:15 a.m.
- The afternoon session starts at 12:15
- The evening session starts at 4:15
Documents Required at CAT Exam Centres
On the day of their CAT Exam Centre 2023, the candidates must bring the following items with them:
A copy of the original ID proof (Voter ID, Passport, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, or College ID) and a copy of the CAT 2023 Admit Card COVID-19 Self Declaration form.
State-by-state list of CAT 2023 test sites
Soon, a full list of all 150 test sites will be available on the official CAT website, iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can look at a list of the cities where the CAT was held the year before. IIM Ahmedabad added Kashmir as a new CAT exam city last year.
|State||CAT Test Cities|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur; Kakinada; Kurnool; Nellore; Rajahmundry; Tirupathi; Vijayawada; Visakhapatnam; Vizianagram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh; Guwahati; Silchar|
|Bihar||Aurangabad; Muzaffarpur; Patna; Purnea|
|Delhi-NCR||Delhi, New Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Noida, Panipat, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida,|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad; Anand; Gandhinagar; Rajkot; Surat; Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala; Bahadurgarh; Hisar; Palwal; Rohtak; Sonipat|
|Himachal Pradesh||Simla; Waknaghat|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu; Samba, Kashmir|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro; Dhanbad; Jamshedpur; Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Banglore; Belagavi (Belgaum); Dharwad; Gulbarga; Hubli; Mangalore; Mysore; Udupi|
|Kerala||Ernakulam; Kasaragod; Kollam; Kozhikode; Malappuram; Thrissur; Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal; Gwalior; Indore; Jabalpur; Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar; Amravati; Aurangabad; Jalgaon; Kolhapur; Mumbai, Navi Mumbai; Nagpur; Nanded; Nashik; Pune; Raigad; Satara; Solapur; Thane; Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore; Berhampur; Bhubaneswar; Cuttack; Dhenkanal; Sambalpur; Rourkela|
|Punjab||Bhatinda; Chandigarh; Fatehgarh Sahib; Jalandhar; Ludhiana; Mohali; Pathankot; Patiala; Ropar; Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer; Alwar; Jaipur; Jodhpur; Kota; Sikar; Udaipur|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai; Coimbatore; Madurai; Namakkal; Thanjavur; Tiruchirappalli; Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad; Karim Nagar; Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra; Allahabad; Barabanki; Bareilly; Ghaziabad; Gorakhpur; Greater Noida; Kanpur; Lucknow; Mathura; Meerut; Muzaffarnagar; Noida; Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol; Bankura; Burdwan; Durgapur; Hooghly; Howrah; Kalyani; Kolkata; Siliguri|
Only One CAT Test Centre in a State or Territory:
IIM Bangalore has suggested 150 test centres for the CAT in 2023. Candidates can look at a full list of test locations in the official CAT announcement. The CAT test centres for each state and union territory are listed in the table below:
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar – Naharlagun|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu||Silvassa|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
CAT Exam Centres 2023 The Google Map Link Service
Students can use the Google Map link on the e-version of the CAT 2023 Admit card to find the exact location of their test centre.
A tool like this would be very helpful for making sure people don’t get lost on the way to the test site at the last minute.
Candidates should go to the testing centre once before the day of the test.
The link also gives candidates the center’s phone number, which they can use if they have any questions about the centre.
Rules to Follow on Exam Day at the CAT Exam Centre in 2023
- Your admit card will tell you where the CAT Exam Center is.
- For the candidate’s convenience, the electronic admit card will also have a Google Map Link that will show them how to get to the CAT test centre.
- Once a candidate is given a CAT Exam Center, they can’t change it. So, all people who want to be CAT 2023 students need to fill out the preferences carefully.
- At the entrances to the exam centres, candidates must show an original, valid ID proof, such as an Aadhar card, passport, driving licence, PAN card, voter ID, college ID, employer ID, or identification affidavit.
- Inside the exam centres, you can only go in with your admit card and a valid form of ID.
- Candidates will be asked to take off their shoes before going into the test room.
- watches, jewellery, and devices that use technology
- People taking the CAT exam in 2023 should get to the test centre at least 30 minutes before the gate closes.
- The day before the CAT exam in 2023, check the time again.
- The CAT application number is the main way to identify a candidate.
- Use the application number on the CAT admit card to find the Exam Lab/Console in the CAT exam centres 2023.
What Candidates Should Do
- The CAT admit card should be printed on A4 paper.
- Candidates must put a photo on their CAT 2023 admit card where it says to do so.
- Before going to the test centre, candidates should make sure they have a hard copy of their CAT 2023 admit card and an original ID.
- Candidates can use the Google Maps link on their e-admit card to find the CAT 2023 test centres.
- The time to report for the morning session is 7:00 am, the time to report for the afternoon session is 11:00 am, and the time to report for the evening session is 3:00 pm ( tentative)
- Candidates are asked to be quiet and wait in line while:
- Document verification
- IRIS and taking a picture
- Using a thermal gun to check the temperature
- Candidates must sign the given form to confirm that they will be there.
- When the CAT test is over, give the proctor your CAT admit card.
- Return the writing pad when the test is over.
- Help out the people at the test centre
- You can use the mouse to answer MCQ questions, and you can use the on-screen keyboard to answer TITA questions.
What Candidates Should Not Do
- No items that aren’t allowed are allowed in the CAT 2023 test centres.
- Don’t take CAT 2023 more than once in the same session.
- Don’t get into fights with other candidates or staff.
- If you use the keyboard, your system will lock, so don’t do that.
- Use the paper you’re given wisely.
- Don’t try to copy answers or cheat with them.
- Don’t take any of the pages out of the notebook.
- Only in a medical emergency should you ask for a bio-break.
COVID-19 Guidelines for CAT 2023 Exam Centres
Depending on the COVID-19 situation in November 2023, candidates will have to follow certain safety procedures on the day of the exam to protect themselves from COVID-19:
|Wear a mask||Put on a face mask as a requirement. Without the same, no candidate will be permitted to enter the examination room.|
|Hand Sanitizer||Keep a 50 ml bottle of hand sanitizer with Candidates to use frequently.|
|Social Distancing||Observe all social etiquette guidelines established at the specific exam sites.|
|Self Declaration Form||Submit a properly completed self-declaration form, which can be downloaded together with the admit card.|
|Carry your water bottle||Students are allowed to bring a clear water bottle to the testing location.|
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- CAT Exam Date
- CAT Application Form
- CAT Admit Card
- CAT Eligibility Criteria
- CAT Exam Pattern
- CAT Syllabus
- CAT Cutoff
- CAT Counselling
- CAT Reference Books
- CAT Answer Key
- CAT Paper Analysis
- CAT Preparation
Frequently Asked Questions About CAT Exam Centres
Q. When will the list of CAT exam sites for 2023 be available?
Ans. The list of CAT exam centres for 2023 will be posted on the official website before the registration process for CAT 2023 starts.
Q. At the time of application, how many CAT exam centres 2023 can be chosen?
Ans. At the time of application, candidates will be able to choose from up to 6 CAT exam centres 2023 based on how easy it will be for them to get there.
Q. Will it be possible to change where the CAT 2023 exam will be held after the application window has closed?
Ans. Once the application period is over, the body in charge of the exam will open a window for candidates who have already applied to make changes to the images they uploaded and the exam centre they want to go to.
Q. What documents do I need to bring to the CAT exam centre 2023 for the verification process?
Ans. People who want to take the test must bring their admit cards and a government-issued photo ID to CAT exam centres in 2023. No one will be able to get into the exam room without the admit card and a photo ID.
Q. What kinds of things are not allowed in the test room?
Ans. Electronic devices like cell phones, calculators, Bluetooth headphones, and so on are not allowed. Even watches are out of the question.
Q. How should you dress to get into the CAT exam centre in 2023?
Ans. They can wear jeans, t-shirts, shorts, pants, etc., as long as they don’t have any pockets.
Q. Will the CAT 2023 exam have breaks?
Ans. No, the people taking the CAT 2023 exam will not get any breaks.
Q. Along with the admit cards, what kinds of government-issued photo ID will be accepted at the CAT exam centre in 2023?
Ans. Along with the admit cards, candidates must bring any government-issued photo ID proof equivalent to CAT exam centre 2023, such as an Aadhaar Card, Voter’s ID, Passport, PAN Card, Driver’s License, or College/University ID.