List of Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai in 2022
Mumbai is located on the west shore of India and is domestic for many reputed colleges with preferred education.
Mumbai education is most cherished amongst college students all over India due to the fact of wide accordance of ranges and certificates from Mumbai Colleges. There are over 10 colleges in Mumbai that compel MBBS program in the full-time mode of study, out of these around four colleges are private and three are the government.
Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai in 2022 Highlight:-
|No. of Medical colleges in Mumbai||Nearly 10 colleges in Mumbai|
|Fees||- Annual fee < Rs 3-5 lakh: 25%|
- Annual fee > Rs 5 lakh: 66%
|Admission Process||Based on NEET|
MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is an undergraduate program for students who want to pursue their careers as a doctor. Any student holding the degree becomes a certified medical practitioner. The duration of the MBBS course is five years and six months including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, and health camps organized by non-profit organizations (NGOs). The MBBS course entails the study of anatomy, pharmacology, pathology as well as community health & medicine, pediatrics, and surgery.
Mumbai is dwelling to prestigious medical institutes to pursue MBBS courses such as KJ Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, DY Patil University, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, etc. The city has 16 general hospitals, five maternity homes, 26 specialty hospitals, 162 municipal dispensaries, and two health units. Therefore, there are ample opportunities for those who want to pursue MBBS from the Medical colleges in Mumbai.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Mumbai in Highlight 2022:-
The top medical colleges in Mumbai propose numerous medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, MS, MD, and many others in the field of Medical Sciences, paramedical, and nursing. Mumbai is home to around 36 Medical colleges among which 24 are private and 9 are the best government medical colleges in Mumbai. The best Medical colleges in Mumbai include TISS Mumbai and LTMMC Mumbai.
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Mumbai is esteemed as the best Medical college in Mumbai and is ranked 41st by NIRF Ranking 2021 among the top medical colleges in India.
- The top government medical colleges in Mumbai incorporate GSMC Mumbai, LTMMC, SJMSOM Mumbai, etc.
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College Mumbai, TMC Mumbai and PDDYPU Mumbai are some of the best MBBS colleges in Mumbai.
- Admissions 2022 into the top medical colleges in Mumbai are primarily based on the NEET 2022 scores followed by a GD/ PI round.
- The top private medical colleges in Mumbai include K.J. Somaiya Medical College & Research Centre and St. Xavier’s College, which are ranked among the top 10 medical colleges in Mumbai.
- The average fees in the top Medical colleges in Mumbai fluctuate depending on college to college.
- Most of the top medical colleges in Mumbai are affiliated with MUHS Nashik and Mumbai University.
- Mumbai University is also considered as one of the best medical colleges in Mumbai with minimal fees.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees 2022:-
|College Name||Average Annual Fees(INR)|
|Grant Medical College||49,800|
|Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai||67,230|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||44,335|
|Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai||27,000|
|Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Science||1,00,000|
|MGM Medical College||95,000|
|St. Xavier's College||65,000|
|Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||5,50,000|
|K.J. Somaiya Medical College & Research Centre||8,00,000|
|Homi Bhabha National Institute - [HBNI]||30,000|
Top Government Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees 2022:-
- In the present times, Government Medical Colleges are the preference of most of medical aspirants, as they deliver MBBS Courses at very low prices as compared to Private Medical Colleges.
- Some of the top government medical colleges in Mumbai are given below with their annual fees:-
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai||INR 67,230|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||INR 44,335|
|Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, Mumbai||INR 35,000|
|Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai||INR 27,000|
|Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Science, Mumbai||INR 100,000|
|All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai||INR 79,400|
|Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||NA|
|Mumbai University, Mumbai||INR 44,000|
|Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai||INR 300,000|
|MGM Medical College, Mumbai||INR 95,000|
Top Private Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees 2022:-
- Although, the fee structure in the top private medical colleges in India is comparatively higher than in government colleges these colleges offer better infrastructure, Research, Laboratory, and other facilities.
- So, Private Medical Colleges can be the preference of many students.
- Here is the list of some of the Best private medical colleges in Mumbai along with their average annual fees:-
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|K.J. Somaiya Medical College & Research Centre, Mumbai||INR1,025,000|
|St. Xavier's College, Mumbai||INR 65,000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||INR 327,000|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai||INR 64,500|
|Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Mumbai||INR 60,000|
|K. C. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||INR 50,000|
|Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai||INR 125,000|
|Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai||INR 30,000|
|Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for The Hearing Handicapped, Mumbai||INR 25,250|
|HBT Medical College & Dr. R.N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital, Mumbai||INR 89,450|
Top 4 Medical Colleges in Mumbai IN 2022:-
1. Grant Medical Colleges:-
GMC Mumbai is a medical college affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. Grant Medical College Mumbai is a government college, birthed in 1945. GMC MUMBAI is ranked 11 by India Today 2021 for Medicine & Health Sciences. The college is approved by MCI and has an attached Sir J.J. Group of hospitals (including the other three attached hospitals) and a tertiary care center. Grant Medical College Mumbai assists UG, PG, and super-specialty courses across five streams namely Paramedical, Dental, Medical, Science, and Pharmacy students. The major highlights of Grant Medical College are given below:-
|Campus Size||44 acre|
|Rankings (2021)||-11 by India Today 2021 for Medicine & Health Sciences|
-11 by The Week and 2021 for Medicine & Health Sciences
|Flagship courses||MBBS, MD|
|Number of courses||30|
2. Seth GS Medical Colleges:-
GSMC Mumbai was inaugurated in 1926 and is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. GSMC offers more than 50 courses under three streams, including Medicine & Health Sciences, Science, and Engineering. The top courses offered by the college are MBBS, BPT, MSc, and MD. The college has more than 50 departments, including Dentistry, Neurology, Nursing, Radiology, Social Service, and Endocrinology.
|Year of Establishment||1926|
|Affiliated||Maharashtra University of Health Science|
|Accepted Exams||NEET, NEET-PG, NEET SS|
|Number of Courses Offered||50+ courses across 3 stream|
3. Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College:-
Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (LTMMC) is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) Nashik. The college please both UG and PG programs along with Post-Doctoral degrees, viz. MBBS, BPT, BPMT, MD, MS, PG Diploma, and M.Ch.
|Name of the Institute||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (LTMMC)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET – MBBS|
MHT CET – BPT and BPMT
NEET PG – MD and MS
NEET SS – M.Ch and DM
4. Dr. DY Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre:-
Dr. DY Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (DYPMC) was birthed in 1996 in Pune, Maharashtra. The college is affiliated with Dr. DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune. The college gives UG, PG, and Doctoral degree courses viz. MBBS, MD, MS, PG Diploma, DM, M.CH, and Ph.D. in different disciplines of Medical Sciences.
|Name of the College||Dr. DY Patil Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (DYPMC)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET/ NEET PG/ NEET SS Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Mode||Offline and online|
|Counseling Date||After the declaration of results|
Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai Eligibility Criteria 2022:-
Here given below are the basic eligibility criteria of Medical Colleges in Mumbai:-
- Aspirants must have ratified Class 12 with 50 percent aggregate from a recognized board/institute with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biochemistry as the compulsory subjects.
- The age of aspirants must be of minimum 17 years of age.
- Aspirants must have a qualified NEET exam.
Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai Admission Process 2022:-
- Admission to the MBBS courses is based on a national-level examination, i.e. NEET.
- Aspirants can take admitted to the MBBS colleges in Mumbai, after securing marks in the NEET examination.
- There is no other alternative for admission to Medical colleges in Mumbai.
Top Medical colleges in Mumbai Based on NIRF Ranking
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth is the only medical college in Mumbai, which has ranked in NIRF 2021 among the Top 50 medical colleges in India.
- The college has been ranked as the 41st best institute in India by NIRF 2021 ranking, with a score of 48.07.
|NIRF Ranking 2021||College Name||NIRF Score|
|41||Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Mumbai||48.07|
Top Medical colleges in Mumbai Based on the Week Ranking:-
The Week is an Indian news magazine published by Kochi and printed in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kottayam which performs a survey along with Hansa Research every year to list the top Medical colleges in India. Here is the list of the top Medical colleges in Mumbai documented by this collective survey.
- The Week has ranked Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals as 11th in the top medical college in Mumbai and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College as 12th on the list.
|The Week Ranking 2021||College Name|
|11||Grant Medical College, Mumbai|
|12||Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai|
Top Medical colleges in Mumbai Based on Times on 2021 Ranking:-
The Times Ranking is one of the trusted and well-reputed agencies. Here is the list of top medical colleges in Mumbai ranked by The Times Ranking 2021.
|The Times Ranking 2021||College Name|
|11||Grant Medical College, Mumbai|
|12||Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, and KEM Hospital, Mumbai|
|17||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College - [LTMMC], Mumbai|
Top Medical colleges in Mumbai Based on Outlook Rankings:-
|College Name||Outlook Ranking 2019||Average Annual Fees|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management||88||-|
|University of Mumbai||74||INR 44,000|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences||-||INR 1,20,000|
Top Medical colleges in Mumbai Based on ROI
- The return on Investment is a crucial parameter when evaluating the top medical colleges as ROI notifies us of how profitable is the course the aspirants are choosing from their respective colleges.
- The ROI is an important parameter as it measures the ratio of the average annual fee and the average placement package.
- However, there are no such placement records in the medical field as all the students are placed in the hospitals of the institutions themselves.
- Hence, calculating ROI is not a crucial step here.
Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai For MBBS 2022:-
MBBS is delivered to students based on a great NEET score. Some of the top Medical Colleges in Mumbai offering MBBS based on NEET are:-
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Grant Medical College and Sir Jamshedjee Jeejeebhoy Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||INR 2.49 Lakhs|
|Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai||INR 3.99 Lakhs|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||INR 2 Lakhs|
|K J Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, Mumbai||INR 46.25 Lakhs|
|Terna Medical College, Mumbai||INR 27 Lakhs|
|Padmashree Dr. DY Patil University, Mumbai||INR 1.25 Crore|
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Maharashtra 2022:-
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
- MGM Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College, Pune
- Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad
- KJ Somaiyya Medical College, Mumbai
- Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
Top Private Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees in 2022:-
|College Name||Course Fee (in Rs)|
|KJ Somaiya Medical College||46.13 L|
|Terna Medical College||31.5 L|
|Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||1.16 Cr|
|MGM Institute of Health Sciences||91 L|
Top Government Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees in 2022:-
|College Name||Course Fee (in Rs)|
|Grant Medical College||5.02 L|
|Topiwala National Medical College||4.65 L|
Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai With Fees in 2022:-
|2-year full-time PGDM||Rs.19,25,100||240|
|2 years full-time PGDMHRM||Rs.19,25,100||60|
|2 years full-time PGDM-B&FS||Rs.19,25,100||60|
Top Recruiters in Medical Colleges in Mumbai:-
There are a substantial number of job opportunities for MBBS graduates in both the public and private sectors. Scholars can discover adequate jobs with a good pay scale in various Biomedical Companies, Health Centers, Hospitals, Laboratories, Nursing Homes, Polyclinics, etc. Some of the top recruiters for MBBS graduates from the Medical colleges in Mumbai are:-
- DNA Multi-speciality Hospital
- Holy Spirit Hospital
- Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
- Hinduja Hospital and Medical Research Centre
- Tata Memorial Centre Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- Saint Elizabeth Hospital
- Fortis Healthcare Private Limited
- Medanta Hospitals
Medical Colleges in Mumbai Accepted Entrance Exam 2022:-
All the government and private medical colleges in Mumbai admit students in the MBBS course based on the marks obtained in the NEET exam. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the only entrance test for MBBS admissions in India. Students willing to take admitted into Medical colleges in Mumbai can either apply for it via MCC NEET counseling or Maharashtra NEET counseling for the admission process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which are the best medical colleges in Mumbai?
Ans. Grant Medical College KJ Somaiya Medical College and Topiwala National Medical College are considered the best medical colleges in Mumbai.
Q2. Does Grant Medical College provide any placements?
Ans. As this is a medical college you do not have a separate placement procedure, however, you are expected to complete a year of mandatory internship. The clinical affiliate of the college is the J.J. Group of hospitals.
Q3. Is Grant Medical College approved?
Ans. Yes, the college has been approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Q4. What are the minimum marks for the NEET to get into private MBBS colleges in Mumbai?
Ans. According to what I’ve observed, one should have at least 400+ marks to get even a private college. But if you have a state quota then it could be around 380, I guess. You can check the ‘merit list’ and ‘students admitted list’ of colleges to get the proper information on this.
Q5. Which MBBS colleges in Mumbai give separate rooms to students (no sharing)?
Ans. Grant Medical College gives girls separate rooms in the hostel.
Q6. Which college in Mumbai is best for an MBBS?
Ans. According to my best college as
- Seth gs medical college
- Grant Medical College (choice 2 only due to good extra curriculum and building status )
- Topiwala medical college (good academic than grand but small size and low extra curriculum )
- Lokmanya Tilak medical college (locality is not good but a great number of patients and good academics too
Q. Which medical school in India is the best?
Ans. According to the most current NIRF rating in 2022, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi is India's top medical school. Furthermore, AIIMS, New Delhi is ranked first in India in the India Today 2020 Ranking.
Q. Which state has the largest number of medical colleges?
Ans. Students can select from a variety of specialities at various levels. There are several medical institutions established around the country in distinct states.
The states with the most medical institutions (approx figure) are Tamil Nadu (205), Karnataka (192), Maharashtra (144), Uttar Pradesh (144), and Delhi NCR (138).
Q. Which are the best medical Colleges apart from Mumbai ?
Ans. There are several colleges in India that are worth the money but here we have listed some of the top Medical Colleges located in Delhi are-
- AIIMS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Army College of Medical Science
- Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College, Rohini
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Science and Research
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Maulana Azad Medical College