MBBS Course 2022
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the primary medical course granted by medical colleges. MBBS is 5 years and 6 months undergraduate medical course. MBBS Course is a proficient degree required to become a doctor, diagnose diseases, prescribe medicine, and conduct surgery. MBBS has been curtailed from the Latin word Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
MBBS Admission takes place through the NEET entrance exam. For taking admission to an MBBS College, one must be above 17 years of age and have studied Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and Biology as their compulsory subjects in class 12 to qualify for the NEET Exam. NEET 2022 is foreseen to take place in 17th July 2022.
The MBBS fees vary from INR 5,00,000 to INR 50,00,000 and also different colleges have different fee structures. After completing MBBS, aspirants can come to, be a doctor in private and government hospitals, railways, and armed forces. They can also opt for postgraduate medical degrees such as MD Medicine or pursue MBA after MBBS for other career chances.
There are around a total of 1824 recognized top Indian Medical colleges out of which 122 are private while 567 are government medical colleges.
MBBS Course 2022:-
- The full form of MBBS in Latin is Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
- MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
- MBBS course interval is 5.5 years, which encompasses 1-year of the internship.
- MBBS entrance exams such as NEET is the only examination for students who wish to pursue MBBS, i.e. if anyone wants to do MBBS, must give the NEET EXAM.
- NEET EXAM is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) every year.
- After completing a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery, a person can become a general physician and can start earning INR 5,00,000 – INR 12,00,000 per annum.
- Students who don’t want to go for NEET can opt for other medical courses after 12th without NEET.
- The MBBS Subjects are divided into three major segments, they are pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical.
There are a total of 19 MBBS subjects spread across 9 semesters for a period of 4.5 years. The final year in MBBS Syllabus is reserved for internships.
|MBBS Full Form||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS Course duration||5 years 6 months|
|MBBS Syllabus||19 subjects|
|MBBS abroad||USA, UK, Russia, Canada|
|Top Medical Colleges in India||AIIMS, PGIMER, CMC Vellore, etc.|
|MBBS Course Fees||Govt: INR1628 - 20000|
|Private: INR 3,00,000 - 56,00,000|
MBBS Course Eligibility Criteria 2022:-
Before applying to MBBS, one should first know the eligibility criteria, and check whether he/she is set for the course or not. Here given below are some of the requirements that one needs to fulfill to get admission to an MBBS college in India:-
- The aspirant must have cleared their 10+2 from any recognized board with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology with at least 50% marks and English as a core subject in the qualifying examination. However, for the reserved category, the minimum requirement of marks is 40%.
- The aspirant must have a minimum17 years of age for applying for the MBBS course. However, there is no upper age limit for the exam.
- The aspirant has to fit in the additional eligibility conditions mentioned by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for MBBS.
- The aspirant should clear the NEET entrance exam for admission into MBBS Colleges.
MBBS Course Admission Procedure 2022:-
Admission procedure varies from college to college, as some of the medical colleges provide direct admission based on Class 12th marks, some medical colleges depend upon NEET exam scores.
MBBS admission process 2022 will based on the scores obtained by the student in the NEET exam 2022. The processes to apply for the MBBS course is as follows:-
- Aspirants have to complete the registration process online by logging in to the official website by entering a valid email id, phone number, and date of birth.
- Once the registration is complete upload all the necessary documents required to fill out the application form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- After successfully paying the application fees, you will see a confirmation page. For future references, take a print of this page.
- The admit cards will be released to all eligible students a few days in advance. Aspirants have to download the admit card from the portal.
- NEET 2022 examination will be conducted on the same date mentioned on the admit card.
- Based on the scores obtained in the NEET 2022 examination, students will be called for the counseling process.
How To Get Admission In MBBS In Government Medical College?
- Aspirants yearning for admission to the MBBS course in a government medical college should first qualify for NEET 2022 examination and then fill out the respective state counseling registration forms.
- The state authorities generally conduct three rounds of counseling which includes a mop-up round for vacant seats.
- Eligible medical aspirants will be required to fill in personal, qualifications and other details.
- On the basis of scores obtained by aspirants in the NEET 2022 exam, the authorities will prepare the state merit list which will contain details like state rank, AIR.
- The state merit list will be used for admissions in a top government colleges.
- The authorities will conduct a seat allotment process for state quota seats after the counselling process completes.
- The seat allotment process for government college MBBS admission is online in some states and offline in others.
- For the comfort of aspirants a list of state MBBS admission, counseling authorities, and link to the NEET state-wise admission for MBBS courses will be provided by the authority.
MBBS Course Entrance Exam 2022:-
NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam) is the only exam for MBBS admission. NEET is conducted in offline mode. Scholars get admission for MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, and Nursing through NEET. All the government and private medical colleges will offer admission under 15% AIQ and 85% State level quota seats. Top medical colleges in India like JIPMER, AIIMS, PGIMER take admission through NEET Exam.
MBBS Course Fees For Central Universities 2022:-
Banaras Hindu University ( BHU ), Aligarh Muslim University ( AMU ), and the University of Delhi ( DU ) are the three central universities that deliver MBBS courses. Medical colleges under Delhi University (DU) were also considered under admission to central university from the year 2018.
The MBBS course fee in the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has been mentioned below.
|Management (₹)||NRI ($)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||39,990||75,600|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi||14,874|
|Medical Colleges affiliated with the University of Delhi (DU)||3,00,000 (surety bond)|
MBBS Courses Fees For Deemed Universities 2022:-
- There are a total of 6204 MBBS seats (Management and NRI quota) offered by 42 deemed universities across the countries.
- The annual MBBS course fee for the Management quota in the several deemed universities is usually high and varies between INR 2,11,000/- to INR 22,50,000/-.
- The lowest MBBS fee is being given by MG Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Wardha, while that of SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, offers the highest MBBS Fees.
- The MBBS course fee for the NRI quota in the deemed universities ranges from 25,000/- USD to 2,20,000/- USD with the lowest fees offered by Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur and Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Res. Institute, Chennai being the highest.
- Aspirants can check the thorough MBBS fee details given below:-
|College name||Annual fee structure||Fees to be paid at the admission||Hostel fee|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Delhi||1200000||1262000||10000|
|Smt B. K. Shah Medical Institute and Research Centre, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth||1595000||1595000||16500|
|M.M. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana||1,500,000||1,558,300||14170|
|BLDE Deemed University, Bijapur||1,700,000||1715000||9000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi||1524000||1524000||10000|
|JSS Medical College and Hospital, Jagadguru||1471750||1471750||14300|
|K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru||1435000||1441500||8000|
NEET Exam is a National Eligibility Entrance exam for MBBS, BSc Nursing, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, etc. On average 15-16 Lakh students apply for NEET exam annually
|NEET Exam Announced||17th July|
|NEET Exam Admit Card||3 days before exam|
|NEET Exam||17th July|
|NEET Results||Date To be announced|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022:-
- Aspirants must complete their 10+2 examination by securing a minimum 50% of marks from any recognized board.
- Aspirants must have studied Chemistry, Physics, and Botany/Zoology as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Reserved category students are provided 10% relaxation (40% in class 12th).
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for this exam. However, candidates must be at least 18 years old to be applicable to apply for the NEET Exam.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern:-
|Total No. of Questions||180|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 20 minutes|
|Section-wise Questions||Physics-50 Chemistry-50 Biology-100|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Language||11 Languages (Hindi, English, Bengali, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Assamese and Gujarati|
|Category||2021 Cut Off Scores||2020 Cutoff Scores||2019 Cutoff Scores||2018 Cutoff Scores|
|General- Physically Handicapped (PH/PwD)||137-122||146-129||133-120||130-118|
|SC/ST/OBC- Physically Handicapped (PH/PwD)||121-108||128-113||199-107|
MBBS Syllabus 2022:-
|MBBS 1st Year Subjects|
|2nd Year MBBS Subjects|
|Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||Clinical postings in Wards|
|3rd Year MBBS Subjects|
|Final Year MBBS Subjects|
|Psychiatry||Dermatology and Venereology|
|Orthopedics||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
MBBS Course Popular Books 2022:-
Show 102550100 entriesSearch:
|B. D Chaurasia's Human Anatomy For Upper Limb, Lower Limb, Thorax And Abdomen||Head and Neck By Vishram Singh|
|Clinical Anatomy By Snell||Gray's Anatomy For Students By Henry Gray|
|Textbook of Physiology By A. K. Jain||Medical Physiology By Guyton And Hall|
|Carbs, Proteins and Fat Metabolism By Satyanarayan||Molecular Biology By Vasudevan|
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 entries
Top 10 Medical Colleges In India List 2022:-
Top 10 Medical colleges in India as per NIRF ranking 2021 are cited in the table below, along with their average MBBS fees.Show 102550100 entriesSearch:
|Medical Rankings NIRF 2021||College Name||Fees (INR)|
|4||National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore||22,550|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research||4,970|
|9||King George`s Medical University||54,900|
|13||St. John's Medical College||6,28,000|
|15||Aligarh Muslim University||53,68,000|
|16||Madras Medical College, Chennai||6,80,000|
|17||Maulana Azad Medical College||15,450|
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Karnataka 2022:-
Karnataka is well known for its structured education system, with 66 MBBS colleges provide medical courses. The average fees of MBBS in Karnataka extend between INR 6 Lakhs to INR 14 Lakhs.
- St John Medical College (Bangalore)
- Kasturba Medical College (Mangalore)
- JSS Medical College and Hospital (Mysore)
- Ramaiah Medical College (Bangalore)
- BMCRI (Bangalore)
- KS Hegde Medical Academy (Mangalore)
- BIMS (Belagavi)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (Belagavi)
- Manipal University (Manipal)
- JSS Academy (Mysore)
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Mumbai 2022:-
Maharashtra has played a pioneering role in developing the modern education system. Maharashtra is the richest Indian state, with home to 56 MBBS colleges. Mumbai is the monetary capital of India.
- Grant Medical College
- Seth GS Medical College
- Topiwala National Medical College
- HBT Medical College
- MGM Medical college
- DY Patil University
- Terna Medical College
- MGM University of Health Sciences
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Bangalore 2022:-
Bangalore is the IT hub of India and is also the residence to numerous top medical colleges to aid the aspiration of the country. There are around 14 Top MBBS Colleges in Bangalore.
- St. John’s Medical College
- Ramaiah Medical College
- BMCRI, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Business Management
- DSU, Bangalore
- Garden City University
- IISC, Bangalore
- HKBK Group of Institutions
- MSRUAS, Bangalore
- RR Group of Institutions
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Kerala 2022:-
Kerala is renowned for its medical infrastructure. There are 113 medical colleges in Kerala. Out of them, 34 colleges provide MBBS. Top MBBS colleges in Kerala have fees around INR 12 Lakhs to INR 18 Lakhs per annum.
- Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Calicut University, Calicut
- St. Berchmans College, Kottayam
- KVASU, Kerala
- Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Kollam
- A.J. College of Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- National Institute of Speech and Hearing, Thiruvananthapuram
- ZGC, Kozhikode Kozhikode
- VNS College of Arts and Science, Pathanamthitta
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Chennai 2022:-
Tamil Nadu is one of the best per capita revenues states in the country, having 57 MBBS colleges. Chennai hosts 17 MBBS Colleges in total.
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Saveetha Medical College
- Madras Medical College
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College
- Madras Christian College
- Women’s Christian College
- Saveetha Dental College and Hospital
- SBMCH, Chennai
- Vinayaka Missions University
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Telangana 2022:-
Telangana is home to 40 medical colleges. Hyderabad is the most developed city in the state. There are 24 MBBS Colleges in Telangana.
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- SVS Medical College, Mahabub Nagar
- DR VRK Women’s Medical College, Hyderabad
- Bhaskar Medical College, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Public Health, Hyderabad
- CAIMS, Karim Nagar
- Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Nalgonda
- Mamata Medical College, Khammam
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital
Top 10 Medical Colleges In Rajasthan 2022:-
With its cultural renounce, Rajasthan has numerous education aspects also. Rajasthan is home to 93 medical colleges. There are many Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Jaipur, including 25 MBBS Medical Colleges.
- AIIMS, Jodhpur Jodhpur
- CVAS, Bikaner
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- DR SN Medical College and Hospital, Jodhpur
- JRNRVU, Udaipur
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Jagannath University, Jaipur
- Poddar Group of Institutions, Jaipur
- Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur
- SPMC Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
AIIMS MBBS Courses Fees 2022:-
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), is among the top-ranking colleges in India to pursue Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery. For doing, MBBS aspirants should have biology as the main subject in the 12th class. The MBBS Fee structure of AIIMS includes:-
|Tuition Fees||INR 1350|
|Registration Fees||INR 25|
|Other Fees||INR 253|
|Total Year Wise Fees||INR 1,628|
|Total Fees||INR 7,640|
Jamia Hamdard University MBBS Courses Fees 2022:-
Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi is also one of the best MBBS medical colleges. The MBBS duration here lasts for 4 years 6 months and the total number of seats available is 100. Here is the MBBS fees structure for MBBS at Jamia Hamdard University, given below.
|Admission Fees||INR 25,000|
|Tuition Fees||INR 12,00,000|
|Registration Fees||INR 15,000|
|Exam Fees||INR 15,000|
|Other Fees||INR 25,000|
|Total Year Wise Fees||INR 12.80 Lakhs|
|Total Fees||INR 49.25 lakhs|
MAMC MBBS Course Fees 2022:-
MAMC or Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi is a decent medical college in India, to pursue the MBBS course. It is a 5-year program at the MAMC, with a total number of seats of 250. Admission to MAMC is based on the Cutoff of NEET exam. The total fees for MBBS Course at MAMC is INR 15,450.
VMCC MBBS Course Fees 2022:-
VMMC or Vardhman Mahavir Medical College New Delhi, is renowned MBBS college. It was ranked 16th by the NIRF in 2020, with 150 seats in total.
|Tuition Fees||INR 33,500|
|Total Year Wise Fees||INR 33,500|
|Total Fees||INR 1.68 lakhs|
JIPMER MBBS Course Fees 2022:-
JIPMER or Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research in Pondicherry are among the top-ranking medical colleges in India. It was Ranked 8, by the NIRF as a medical college in 2020.
|Tuition Fees||INR 1,400|
|Other Fees||INR 3,570|
|Total Year Wise Fees||INR 4,970|
|Total Fees||INR 32,850|
Courses After MBBS 2022:-
MS Course— MS or Master of Surgery is a master level program of duration for 2 years. In this program, aspirants gain knowledge as well as skills deeming surgical pieces of training.
Aspirants are eligible to pursue the MS course only if they have an MBBS degree. The average fee for the MS course is INR 10,000 to INR 5 lakhs. The average salary for MS graduates in India ranges between INR 4 to INR 35 lakhs.
MD Course— MD or Doctor of Medicine course is the most pursued program after the MBBS degree. This course explores the ways of aspirants studying, preventing, diagnosing and treating various adult diseases. For being eligible for MD Course, the aspirant must have an MBBS degree from any recognized educational institute.
The average fee for the MD course is INR 1-2 Lac, whereas the average starting salary for MD graduates is INR 3-6 Lac.
MBA—Numerous aspirants incite for the MBA course after the MBBS, to explore knowledge in a variety of fields. It is primarily a 2-year master level degree where students learn various management skills. Aspirants generally need to get qualified in the entrance exams to get admission to this course. The average fees for MBA program is INR 2 to 20 LPA, and the average salary for MBA graduates is INR 8,00,000 – INR 20,00,000.
MBBS Jobs Highlights 2022:-
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Medical Surgeon||INR 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Dietician||INR 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Physician||INR 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Pediatrician||INR 5.4 Lakhs per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 7 Lakhs per annum|
|Medical Coder||INR 4 Lakhs per annum|
MBBS Government Jobs 2022:-
Aspirants after MBBS degree can go for various MBBS Govt Jobs in prominent sectors such as Indian Railways and the Indian Army.
MBBS Government Jobs in Indian Railways:-
- The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS govt. Jobs in the railways are that aspirants must be at least an MBBS graduate.
- The average MBBS salary in the Indian Railways is INR 9,50,000.
- Aspirants often have to take the PPB entrance to secure the MBBS govt. jobs in the Railways.
MBBS Government Jobs in Indian Army:-
- Another popular MBBS govt. Jobs are the recruitment of doctors in the Armed forces. The aspirants can get recruited as medical officers in the armed forces (Indian Army, Air force, or Navy).
- The average MBBS salary in India for doctors who serve the Indian Army is INR 9,70,000 to INR 13,20,000.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I get admission to an MBBS course without taking the NEET exam?
Ans. No, you can only take admission in other medical courses than MBBS without NEET exam.
2. What are the different specializations in the MBBS course program?
Ans. Different specializations in the MBBS course are as follows:-
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
3. What are the average fees for pursuing MBBS?
Ans. The average fee for pursuing MBBS is INR 71,000 – INR 21,00,000.
4. What are the career opportunities after completing an MBBS course?
Ans. There are many career opportunities for a candidate after completing an MBBS course. Some of the best professions are Physician, Doctor, Endocrinologist, Gynecologist, Pathologist, Neurologist, Cardiologist.
5. Is there an age limit to study MBBS abroad?
Ans. There is no age limit from a university abroad perspective. But as NEET qualification is now mandatory for any student to pursue MBBS in India or Abroad, this automatically sets an age bar. NEET can be taken only till age 25 by general category students and age 30 by non-general category students.
6. Is doing MBBS from a private college worth it?
Ans. Yes, doing an MBBS from any private or government college doesn’t matter. What matters is how you are performing in your medical academic session and your academic results.
7. Is it necessary to qualify for the NEET exam for MBBS to get admission in private colleges?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to qualify for the NEET exam to get admission in private as well as government colleges. NEET exam is the most common Entrance test to get admission in medical colleges. But some private colleges grant admission based on 10+2 results.
8. Which is the best medical college for MBBS in Madhya Pradesh?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College in Indore (M.P) is one of the best medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh to pursue an MBBS course.
9. What are the major Entrance tests for admission to MBBS courses in India?
Ans. The major and popular entrance tests for admission to MBBS courses in India are NEET, JIPMER MBBS Exam and AIIMS MBBS Exam. However, the NEET is the most important Entrance exam and is accepted by both government and private medical colleges.
10. Can I apply for admission to the MBBS course after completing my 10+2 from the Commerce stream?
Ans. No, one cannot apply for admission to the MBBS course program after completing their 10+2 from the Commerce stream. Aspirants must have to complete their 10+2 from the Science stream to get admission to MBBS.