Admission, Fees, Placement-
During the School of Law, UPES placements 2022, a total of 275 students were placed. Furthermore, at the School of Law, UPES placements 2022, the highest and average packages provided were INR 13 LPA and INR 4.18 LPA, respectively.
Previously, the School of Law, UPES placements 2021 ended with a placement rate of 61%. According to the most recent report, over 65 recruiters took part in the placement process, placing 177 students in various job categories. Furthermore, during the 2021 placement drive, the maximum and average package provided were INR 7.50 LPA and INR 3.86 LPA, respectively. In 2021, the top recruiters for the School of Law at UPES Dehradun included EATON, Factum Legal, Pramata, HCL, Sterlite Power, and others.
The UPES Dehradun School of Law is located in Dehradun, India.
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies was founded in 2003, and the School of Law that is associated with it was founded the following year in 2007. Legal studies are being conducted in collaboration with the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies and the University of Law. The CLAT/LSAT/Board scores are used to determine admissions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- UPES Dehradun law fees and other details are given in the article a little further.
- UPES Dehradun Law Cut Off There is no branch-specific cut off for the exam. Admission is based on a minimum board percentage. After that, there is a counseling session.
- UPES Dehradun law ranking 25 in the LAW category by the NIRF 2021.
- UPES Dehradun law placements data is given below briefly:
- Placement percentage: 86.
- Students placed: 140+
- Companies Visited: 210+
- Highest CTC offered: Rs 15 LPA.
- Average CTC offered: Rs 4.94 LPA
5. UPES Dehradun law fees 5 years integrated law degree program focusing primarily on art course work and law classes in the third and fourth years.
6. UPES Dehradun fees and other details which are required for students to get into the University can find below in the article.
7. UPES Dehradun law hostel fee structure UPES charges a hostel fee of INR 80,000 per year, which makes up INR 3.2 Lacs for Btech.
School of Law, UPES Placements 2022: Highlights
The key highlights of School of Law, UPES placements 2022 are presented below:
|No. of students placed||275|
|Highest package||INR 13 LPA|
|Average package||INR 4.18 LPA|
School of Law, UPES Placements 2021: Highlights
UPES Law College has a great track record of placements. During the 2021 placement drive, 61% of Law programmes’ students were placed in reputed companies. More highlights from UPES Law College placements 2021 are tabulated below:
|Highest salary||INR 7.50 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 3.86 LPA|
|No. of recruiters||65|
|No. of students placed||177|
|Top recruiters||EATON, Factum Legal, Pramata, HCL, Sterlite Power|
Note: The above-mentioned data refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements.
UPES Dehradun Law Placements Quora
The School of Law provides 21-degree programs in a variety of areas, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs in legal studies. It provides Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degrees in Energy Law, Criminal Law, Labor Law, and Constitutional Law. There are degrees available in Corporate Law, International Trade and Investment Law, Banking, Finance, and Insurance Law, as well as a B.B.A. L.L.B. degree. Taxation Law, Media and Entertainment Law, Legal Compliance, and Secretarial Practices are some of the specializations available in the B.Com. L.L.B. program. Bachelor of Technology (Hons.) in Cyber Law/IPR, as well as Bachelor of Technology (Hons.) in IPR Law, are available via the School of Law. The School of Law of the University of the Philippines Education System (UPES) provides L.L.M. programs in Energy Law, Business Law, International Economic Law, and Law and Technology. It takes three years to complete the doctorate degree, and six years to complete the program at its most rigorous level.
Does UPES Accept CLAT?
UPES Dehradun is one of the best universities for studying Law programs. Yes, the School accepts CLAT/ LSAT/ ULSAT scores for admission to BA LLB (Hons) program.
School of Law, UPES Highlights
|Year of establishment||2007|
|Recognised by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Accredited by||B grade by NAAC|
|Affiliated to||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)|
|Certification & accreditation||Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
International Association of Universities
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
|Industrial collaborations||IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Tata Power, Xebia, Infosys, Bosch, Cisco|
|Number of courses offered||20+|
|Accepted entrance exams||UPESEAT/ JEE Main for BTech
CLAT/ LSAT/ ULSAT for Integrated LLB
RET for PhD
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Top recruiters||HCL, Wipro, Khaitan & Co, EATON, Deloitte, Samsung, HDFC Bank Bank, Nestle|
|Highest CTC offered (2019)||Rs 15 LPA|
|Number of scholarships offered||5+|
Is UPES Dehradun Good for Law?
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies’ School of Law is a constituent school of the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). The placement cell of UPES arranges for students to be placed in one of its member schools. Placements are available in all undergraduate and graduate degrees.
In the School of Law, the UPES 2020 placements procedure has been completed with a placement rate of 74 percent and involvement from more than 210 businesses.
The average pay package given was Rs 4.79 lakhs per year (LPA), with the maximum compensation package, offered being Rs 15 lakhs per annum (LPA). Students from a variety of courses were given positions in national law firms, international law firms, corporations, public sector organizations, non-governmental organizations, and other organizations.
School of Law, UPES Placement Highlights 2020
Some of the major highlights regarding School of Law, UPES 2020 placements are mentioned in the table below:
|Average CTC offered||Rs 4.79 LPA|
|Highest CC offered||Rs 15 LPA|
|Popular recruiters||HCL, Sterlite Power, EATON, Pramata|
School of Law, UPES Admission Process
At present, the School offers seven different programs, namely BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, BTech, LLM, and Ph.D. under various specializations. Admission to all these programs is entrance-based. School of Law, UPES admission process is conducted online through the official website of UPES. Candidates, who meet the given eligibility criteria, need to register and fill an application form to apply for a particular program. Below mentioned are the course-wise details regarding School of Law, UPES admissions:
What is UPES law exam?
UPES Dehradun aka UPES School of Law entrance exam is known as ULSAT (University of Petroleum & Engineering Studies Law Studies Aptitude Test) is an entrance exam conducted for offering admissions to five-year integrated law programs namely B.Sc.L.L.B, B.Tech L.L.B, B.Com L.L.B, B.A L.L.B and B.B.A L.LB
How Many Seats are there in UPES for Law?
Matrix of the ULSAT Seats for the year 2021
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Total Fee (in Rs lakh)|
|BA LLB (Hons)|
|Qualifying exams: CLAT/ LSAT/ ULSAT|
Class 12 from a recognised board with an aggregate of 50%
|BBA LLB (Hons)|
|BCom LLB (Hons)|
- International Trade & Investment
- Banking, Insurance & Finance
- Media & Entertainment
- Legal Compliance & Secretarial Practice
- Food, Health & Environment
- Forensic Science
- Medicine & Health
- Digital Innovation
|BTech LLB CSE|
- Intellectual Property Rights
|BA Legal Studies||Qualifying exams: UPESEAT/ JEE Main|
Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with an aggregate of 50%
|BA LLB 3 years||Qualifying exam: ULSAT|
LLB or five-year integrated LLB from a recognised university with an aggregate of 50%
- International Business law (old name: International Economic Law)
- Corporate and Securities Law (old name - Business Law)
- Cyber law (old name: Law and technology)
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
UPES Dehradun Highlights:
- Partners in the industry develop and deliver the courses
- Surana & Surana is a partner to the School
- For successful completion of the program, students are required to study the required courses, which include theory courses, lab (practical) courses, projects, dissertations, and industry visits.
- Electives in the program/department: These courses enhance proficiency in the program’s domain. Students may choose these courses from a selection of courses.
- Open Elective/ Generic Elective: Open Elective courses are offered by unrelated disciplines/ departments. While. Generic Electives add generic proficiency to students
- UPES follows generic electives as Open electives
School of Law, UPES Placements
The School offers placements under all UG and PG programmes. The placement process is conducted at the central level of UPES and placement activities are taken care of by UPES. In 2019, the School had placed over 140 students with more than 200 recruiters. The statistics regarding School of Law, UPES placements are mentioned below:
- Placement percentage: 86
- Students placed: 140+
- Companies Visited: 210+
- Highest CTC offered: Rs 15 LPA
- Average CTC offered: Rs 4.94 LPA
Some of the top companies that participated in the placement drive are mentioned below:
|Sterlite Power||Aditya Birla Group||Ashok Leyland|
|Deloitte||Fedex express||General Motors|
|HDFC Bank||JBM Industries Ltd||Khaitan & Co|
|Zensar Technologies||Jindal Steel||Samsung|
School of Law, UPES Scholarships
The scholarships are offered at the central level of UPES. Candidates can get up to 100% tuition fee waiver under these scholarships based on their marks. Details regarding School of Law, UPES scholarships are given below.
Scholarship for BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB students:
LLB students are awarded by a scholarship based on their CLAT/ LSAT rank or percentile. Details for the same are given in the table below:
|CLAT Rank||LSAT Percentile||Tuition Fee Waiver (in %)|
|1 – 1,000||>95.01||100|
|1,001 – 2,000||90.01 – 95||85|
|2,001 – 3,000||85 - 90||75|
Apart from this, LLB students are also awarded by the below scholarships:
- Merit-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is offered on the basis of Class 10 and Class 12 scores. Candidates, who have secured an aggregate of 75% in Class 10 and Class 12, can get a tuition fee waiver of 50% under this scholarship.
- Uttarakhand State Board Toppers Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the candidates who have secured an aggregate of 80% in Class 10 and Class 12 with PCM in the UK State Board. 150 toppers from UK State Board will be awarded by this scholarship. 25% of tuition fee waiver for will be given to boys and 35% to girl students in the first year.
Scholarships for BTech (CSE in Cyber Law) Students:
Under BTech (CSE in Cyber Law), the scholarship is given based on the Class 10 and Class 12 percentile. A 50% tuition fee waiver will be given to the students who have secured an aggregate of 75% in Class 10 and Class 12.
Scholarship for BTech (Energy Technology in IPR Law) students:
BTech students are awarded by a scholarship based on their Class 10 and Class 12 marks. They can also get a scholarship based on their JEE Main scores. Details regarding UPES BTech scholarships are mentioned in the table below:
|JEE Main/ Board Scores (in %)||Tuition Fee Waiver (in %)|
|90.01 - 95||85|
|85 - 90||75|
Apart from this, BTech students are also awarded by the below scholarships:
Merit-Based Scholarship: Candidates who have secured an aggregate of 80% in Class 10 and Class 12 with PCM in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board, will be awarded by the 50% tuition fee waiver in the first semester. Such scholarships will be limited to 10% of seats in each BTech specialization.
Uttarakhand State Board Toppers Scholarship: Under this scholarship, 25% of the tuition fee waiver will be given to boys and 35% to girl students under all specializations. The scholarship will be given to one student per program.
Scholarship for LLM students:
LLM students are awarded by a scholarship on the basis of their Class 10, Class 12, and graduation percentile. Candidates, who have secured an aggregate of 75% in Class 10, Class 12 and graduation, can get a tuition fee waiver of 50% for the first semester.
People Also Ask -
1. How are placements at UPES law?
Answer. Image result for UPES Dehradun Law: Admission, Fees, Placement
A total of 275 students were placed during School of Law, UPES placements 2022. Further, the highest and average packages offered during School of Law, UPES placements 2022 stood at INR 13 LPA and INR 4.18 LPA, respectively. Earlier, School of Law, UPES placements 2021 concluded with a placement record of 61%.
- Salary packages in 2021 dropped by 50% compared to 2020
- Comparing 2020 to 2021, there was a 12.5% drop in the number of students placed
- Compared to 2020, there were 69% fewer recruiters in 2021
- When compared with 2020, the placement rate in 2021 fell by 17%
2. Is UPES Dehradun good for law?
Answer. School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun is in top 10 Law Colleges in India in 2021. BBA LLB course is good in School of Law, UPES, Dehradun Ranked 25 among Top Institutions by NIRF. The College has good Placement opportunities. The teaching faculty and infrastructure facilities are good.
3. Does UPES accept CLAT?
Answer. Yes, the School accepts CLAT/ LSAT/ ULSAT scores for admission to BA LLB (Hons) programme.
4. Does UPES offer Ballb?
Answer. School of Law, UPES, is a private and a constituent school of UPES. It is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with a “B” Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). In 2020, it was ranked 21 for Law by The Week.
5. Which is better Kiit or UPES for law?
Answer. KIIT has an excellent reputation. It is older than UPES too. Considering all general aspects like placement, curriculum, facilities, etc, KIIT will surpass UPES. The only thing that UPES will win over is the quality of hostels, which is manageable in KIIT, but far better in UPES.
6. Is UPES a good law college?
Answer. UPES is a good college if you are a student who wants to study and work hard.. u will not get anything easily here but will have to work for it.. the 5th year students faced problems but rest of the batches are pretty fine and the upcoming batches will b placed pretty well.