How BBA Degree Can Help You Start a Management Career
Today, both working professionals and young aspirants are more attracted towards management careers, and appropriately so. Besides assuring a host of rewarding and stimulating career options, a management profession also allows you to take over people-centric roles, gain a reputable position in the workplace, and take home a hefty handsome annual salary package.
After pursuing a career in management degree, you can succeed to top management professions in companies where you can apply data-driven business strategies for impactful changes. For instance, you’ll be equipped in better ways to create exact meaningful changes in a company, such as supervising staff’s performance, enforcing better utilization of resources, streamlining business operations, planning business campaigns, and even much more.
Typically, companies or organisations offer a wide range of managerial positions, ranging from front-line supervisory positions (Sales Manager, R&D Executive, General Manager, etc.) to the top executive level such as CEO, COO, and CTO of the company. Managers in all tiers within a company are together responsible for the smooth functioning of the organisation as an efficient and successful business entity.
The bottom line worker – management roles are here to stay. So, if you plan to capitalize on the ever-evolving and emerging career options in the management domain, now is the time to kickstart your own journey!
Factors to be Considered
So what are the factors to be kept in mind before setting an object/aim in a management career?
According to some specialists the selection of career should be on the basis of the following:
Step 1: The first step is to assess your ability, personality and interest either yourself or by attending any good experts or career counsellor.
Step 2: Based on your own personal interests make a list of few options for your career keeping in mind your character personality and abilities.
Step 3: Explore all the prospected careers on your list. Do comprehensive research work on the job profiles, prospects, how to develop your career requirements, prospects, a usual typical day in the life of the professional etc.
Step 4: Once you're done with the above steps, pick up the one that satisfies you the most.
Management Career Options in India
Here are some basic yet rewarding prestigious work profiles in management
- Accounting Management
- Biotech Management
- Business Management
- Cooperative Management
- Dairy Technology and Management
- Event Management
- Export Management
- Financial Management
- Foreign Trade
- Hotel Management
- Hospital Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Management
- Modern Office Management
- Personnel Management
- Retail Management
- Rural Management
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Tea Management
- Textile Management
Why Study a Management Course?
If you prefer to build a strong framework in Management, the best gateway is to enrol in a management course. PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) programs or courses are trending now, thanks to their absolute training and 360-degree career support.
Most PGDM courses are 2-year plans that strive to help students gain both general and niche experiences while undergoing hands-on experiences. Like any other additional management course, PGDM courses ensure overall personality grooming to provide students for the job atmosphere world and assist them to escalate the promotional steps for the future.
- The Indian trade scene is flourishing. And in the age of pre-placement proposals setting in, the day has arrived when you can get a great paying job even before you step out of college.
- Money control gives you a lowdown on the professional options that'll pay you the most suitable.
- The most inquired after a career is MBA, it is one of the top-paying careers today. And if you're a pupil from any top institution such as the IIM Indian Institutes of Management, easily presume Rs 7.5- 8 lac per annum in the beginning as a fresher.
- The entry-level salary is expected to go upward even more. Also, salaries differ according to the industry. "Today, the finance sector offers huge sums and has crossed the earlier treasure of MBAs - the FMCG sector.
- Though salary matters but do not give more importance to compensation than your interest. Know your strengths and capability before deciding to work. Also, while the salary may not be very attractive today but it might reach a new height tomorrow.
"For instance, if you are employed in any of the hospitality industry the opening salary is no doubt low but in the long term growth, it may raise three levels higher compared to anywhere else. A higher level of recognition, respect and designation are two other important things, you need to look for."
Top Career Options in Management
As Aforementioned, management job roles not only promise job satisfaction but also come with substantial annual packages. Plus, most maximum management jobs have an upward-sloping career graph – the more you upskill and the more wisdom you accumulate, the greater up you go in the profession ladder!
The most rewarding aspect of pursuing an occupation in Management is that you acquire transferable skills that appeal to all industrial sectors. Moreover, there are end number of management specializations to choose from, including Finance Management, Marketing Management, Business Management, IT Management, Retail Management, Hotel Management, Management Consulting, International Business Management, Human Resources Management, and much more
Scope of Management
The future scope of management is rapidly growing. The management sector consists of numerous departments, which individually carry equal importance. Any of these sectors can be chosen to have a fulfilling and rewarding career in the management sector. These sectors are as follows:
- Marketing Management– This management field deals with advertising and making strategies for expanding the public reach of the company.
- Finance Management– it deals with the management of the economic assets of the company. It also concentrates on generating increased wealth for the company for better results.
- Production Management– Also known as Operation Management and Production, this department deals with industrial processes, planning, and control. This assures a smooth continuous transaction at every level.
- Human Resource Management– It is a wide comprehensive and strategic approach that of managing the workplace environment, culture, and the people involved.
- Personnel Management– This type of management deals with using, hiring, developing, and managing employees to become more and more valuable to the company. It helps in sustaining a satisfied workforce.
- Office Management– Office management deals with all the tasks and operations responsible for running the company. In other words, it concentrates on administrative management.
- Inventory Management– Maintenance, management, and stocking of goods for the inventory is the prime focus of Inventory Management.
- Banking Management– This type of management field deals with the commerce segment of the company. Investment, seed funding, taxation, fund management are all portions of the management section.
Salary in Management
The payroll in management fluctuates depending on the area or career in management you’ve determined to be involved in. The ordinary annual pay for management job positions can range from Rs. 354,123 to as high as Rs. 994,667 depending on the various areas of the management sector. The particular salaries for each sector are as follows:
- Marketing Management- Rs. 684,012
- Finance Management- Rs. 994,667
- Production Management- Rs. 763,215
- Human Resource Management- Rs. 698,197
- Personnel Management- Rs. 750,000
- Office Management- Rs. 465,694
- Inventory Management- Rs. 354,123
- Banking Management- Rs. 789,078
Career Opportunities in Management
There are various multiple career options in the management sector offers after you complete an MBA course. An MBA is without any uncertainty one of the best degrees that boost your possibilities of landing a high profile management role in reputed companies. It boosts and improves your career like no other postgraduate degree and helps develop your range of jobs into various domains like Finance, Human resources, Operations, Marketing, and many more.
As there are many divisions in the management domain, and each sector allows a ton of job opportunities, here is a list of jobs you can choose from if you’re looking to boost your career in management Marketing Manager– A marketing manager deals with the outreach of the company to the desired market. Their main job consists of completing services and delivery of the company’s product to the market.
- Management Consultant– A management consultant helps the company or organisation improve its efficiency and performance by analysing the problems that exist and then solving them in the most efficient manner.
- Investment Banker– An investment banker is responsible for raising capital for the organisation or the company he is working for. They closely work with financial institutions and are even recruited by the government.
- Business Analyst– A business analyst analyses the organisation’s needs and tries to provide technological solutions for those problems in a cost-effective way through the help of computer processes.
- Financial Advisor– Financial advisors advise their clients on all their money matters in any situation. They are considered planners, partners, and educators organisational issues.
- Administrative Manager– Administrative managers ensure smooth administration of the business and help to run it in an organised way. They overlook organising, planning, and implementation of various administrative systems and supervise the whole staff.
- Human Resource Manager– Human Resource Manager overlooks the training, management, recruitment, career development, grievances, compensation, benefits, and every other aspect when it comes to people or employees.
- Product Manager– A product manager is responsible for developing and managing new products in the company.
- Operations Manager– Operations management deals with controlling and designing the production process and redesigning operations along with the production of goods and services.
- IT Manager– Information Technology Manager deals with the technological structure of the company and its implementation and maintenance. They handle technical processes and fix glitches that arise in the computer process after graduation.
The future scope of management looks highly promising. With management being one of the most sought-after career pathways in the decade, it is essential to skill up and keep pace with modern developments and advancements in the field.
Pursuing an MBA program like PG Program in Management can open various job opportunities and offer a substantial salary hike. While it can be confusing to choose which post-graduate program to go for, an MBA is a safety net you can always rely on. An MBA graduate is preferred over all other graduates for managerial positions because they are excellent value additions for any company
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What jobs can you get with a BBA in management?
Answer. Jobs that you can get with a BBA in management:
- Financial Advisor
- Marketing Managers
- Commodities Traders
- Human Resource Management
2. Why is BBA a good career option?
Answer. Business and management majors who are serious about pursuing careers in business will find the BBA a highly appealing degree.
3. Can I get a good job after BBA?
Answer. Graduates of the BBA program have numerous career options. Management trainee jobs are specifically available to BBA graduates working in sales and marketing departments.
4. Is BBA good for the future?
Answer. Many look upon a bachelor's degree in business administration as a degree of the future. Following graduation from the 12th standard, it is becoming increasingly popular among students who want to pursue careers in management.
5. Which type of BBA Specialization is the best?
Answer. A BBA can be specialized in many ways, depending on the Students' Needs and Wants. Some of them are-
- BBA in Human Resource Management
- BBA in Marketing.
- BBA in Sports Management.
- BBA in Hospital & Healthcare.
- BBA in Accounting.
- BBA in Supply Chain.