BDS Colleges in Kerala 2022:-
There are a total of 31 BDS colleges in Kerala. Out of those, as many as 9 BDS colleges are government-owned and 22 are private. Bachelor of Dental Surgery, commonly known as BDS is one of the most desirable courses opted by students who wish to gain in-depth knowledge and skills in Dental Surgical & Training. After MBBS, it is one of the most opted courses by aspirants in the healthcare industry. Admission to BDS colleges in Kerala is granted on the grounds of the scores obtained by the candidates in one of the top medical entrance exams of India, NEET.
BDS Colleges in Kerala : Eligibility Criteria 2022:-
To pursue a BDS degree, aspirants are required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, also known as NEET. Before applying for the entrance exam, it is important to check and fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. Mentioned below are the basic eligibility criteria for candidates to admission to the list of BDS colleges in Kerala.
Eligibility guidelines for BDS colleges in Kerala
- As per NEET-UG eligibility criteria, candidates must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Students must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
- Qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for general-PH.
- For state quota seats, students should fulfil the NEET domicile criteria of Kerala.
BDS Colleges in Kerala: Admission Process 2022:-
Candidates need to be familiar with the admission process to secure a seat in top BDS colleges in Kerala. As mentioned above, Kerala NEET admission is granted on the grounds of the NEET UG scores. The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram conducts the counselling for the list of BDS colleges in Kerala in an online mode.
Candidates should know that CEE will be responsible for admission to BDS colleges in Kerala to 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in private dental colleges. While the counselling for the remaining 15% All India Quota seats from government colleges is conducted by MCC. Students can check the detailed admission procedure below.
- Students have to register at the MCC website for admission to AIQ seats in BDS course – mcc.nic.in.
- On the other hand, to apply for state quota admission for BDS colleges in Kerala, students have to fill the online application form at cee-kerala.org.
- The authorities will then release the merit list mentioning the names of eligible students for admission to top BDS colleges in Kerala.
- Shortlisted aspirants have to submit their choices of courses and colleges during online counselling.
- Based on choices submitted by applicants, NEET rank, seats available, reservation, and other criteria, authorities grant admission to shortlisted candidates.
- Selected students have to report to the allotted dental colleges in Kerala for document verification and completion of the admission process.
Top BDS Colleges in Kerala: Fees and Seats 2022:-
|Top BDS Colleges in Kerala||Fees||Seats|
|Government Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram||97,500||50|
|Government Dental College, Kottayam||1.05 L||40|
|Amrita School of Dentistry, Kochi||25.06 L||60|
|Annoor Dental College and Hospital, Muvattupuzha||12.18 L||50|
|Government Dental College, Kozhikode||1.38 L||50|
BDS Colleges in Kerala: Entrance Exams 2022:-
The admission in the list of BDS Colleges in Kerala is granted based on NEET UG conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET is India’s single largest exam for UG medical, dental and AYUSH courses which is conducted in a pen-paper mode across the country. As per the exam pattern of NEET, a total of 180 multiple choice questions are asked from the NEET syllabus, which includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from class 11 and 12.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is NEET required for BDS in Kerala?
Answer. Only those candidates who Cleared NEET Entrance Exam are eligible for Kerala MBBS/BDS admission 2021. The candidates must have cleared the NEET 2021 Exam and NEET 2021 Cutoff to take part in Counselling Process to get into their colleges.
2. How many marks are required in NEET for BDS?
Answer. Based on previous year trends, it has been observed that to attain a BDS seat in a government dental college, a candidate is required to score a minimum of 450 marks in NEET (subject to vary). A minimum of 50th percentile under general category for those who seek admissions in private dental colleges is a requirement.
3. Is KEAM necessary for BDS in Kerala?
Answer. You don’t need to appear for KEAM. The admission in MBBS is based on merit in NEET. Commissioner of Entrance Exam, Kerala will conduct counselling for 85% state quota to fill the seats in MBBS/BDS.
4. Which are the courses offered by CEE in KEAM?
Answer. CEE will allot seats to the following courses in KEAM: Engineering, Architecture, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeo, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary, Fisheries and Pharmacy.
5. How can I get admission in Kerala for Veterinary?
Answer. For BVSc. & AH, the candidates have to go through an entrance test NEET-UG, which is regulated by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations of Kerala (CEE) and Veterinary Council of India (VCI). The selection in B.Sc. will be dependent on the marks obtained by the candidate in Entrance Test, Interview and counselling.
6. What is the average salary of BDS graduates?
Answer. BDS graduates earn a handsome salary after finishing the course. The salary depends upon skill and responsibility. The average salary of the BDS graduates is INR 4 -10 lakh.
7. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to a BDS course?
Answer. Candidates should have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry, and bIology. Scoring 50 percent marks is mandatory in class 12th for admission to BDS course.
8. What are the job options for BDS professionals?
Answer. They can choose from a wide range of job opportunities offered by the government and private sector. Some of the job profiles are as follows:
● Dental surgeon
9. What is best out of BDS or BAMS?
Answer. It offers more career opportunities in comparison to BAMS. BDS graduates get around INR 15,000-20,000 initially but after experience they can earn around INR 1 to 3 lakh.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery, commonly known as BDS is one of the most desirable courses opted by students who wish to gain in-depth knowledge and skills in Dental Surgical & Training. After MBBS, it is one of the most opted courses by aspirants in the healthcare industry.
Candidates need to be familiar with the admission process to secure a seat in top BDS colleges in Kerala. As mentioned above, Kerala NEET admission is granted on the grounds of the NEET UG scores.