The Guide for MBA in Marketing
One of the most popular graduate degrees is the Marketing MBA (Master’s in Business Administration). They design products that consumers will most likely want to buy. There are many topics covered in marketing classes, such as advertising, branding, market research, and marketing globally and online.
An MBA in Marketing generally takes two years to complete and prepares you for careers in the field. Marketing manager, brand manager, sales manager, and digital marketing manager are possible career paths. You can develop your marketing skills and understand consumer behaviour by pursuing an MBA in marketing. MBA (Master of Business Administration) concentration or specialization. Specific courses include marketing research and design, marketing management, new product strategy, salesforce management, and international marketing.
An MBA in marketing prepares you for more than just careers in marketing. Consulting, entrepreneurship, and management are a few of the career options. Marketing MBAs teach skills that apply to all fields. Skills like math, communication, and analytical thinking are acquired. A marketing manager can work for many different companies without doing the same thing.
Some of the courses you will take include:
- Managing marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Operational Management
- Strategies for marketing channels
|MBA Marketing||2 years||Bachelor’s degree (work experience preferred)|
- Fundamentals of Management
- Accounting for Marketing Managers
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Business Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
The costs range from 3 lakhs to 10 lakhs (in India)
|Average Salary||Admissions Process||The most popular entrance exams are|
|7 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs||Bachelor’s degree plus entrance exam. In addition to the GPA, Letter of recommendation, resume, essays, and extracurricular activities, other MBA application components are also considered.||CAT, GMAT, and GRE|
What is the value of an MBA in marketing?
Marketing can be a particularly rewarding career path even though there are many career options available. If you are thinking about getting an MBA in marketing, you are probably wondering if it is worthwhile. Consider the following information when deciding whether an MBA in marketing is right for you.
Considering the cost of obtaining an MBA in marketing, determining whether the cost is reasonable is imperative. A marketing MBA confers a variety of benefits, experts say. These benefits include knowledge, skill, and the ability to network. An MBA in marketing provides individuals with extensive knowledge in the subject matter they study. Additionally, classroom experiences allow students to develop and enhance their marketing skills. A marketing MBA can assist one in developing and expanding professional networking relationships. Each of these factors can help MBA students become marketable job candidates by giving them an edge over other candidates without a degree. Therefore, if you are pursuing an MBA in marketing to get a job or improve your skills and knowledge base, it is safe to say pursuing the degree will ultimately be worth the expense.
An MBA in marketing could be beneficial for you personally and professionally if you are interested in obtaining one. You can obtain the job of your dreams by gaining knowledge and skills while expanding your network. The cost of pursuing the degree is well worth it if this is your ultimate goal.
MBA Marketing Specializations
- MBA Marketing Specializations
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Sales & Marketing
- MBA Digital Marketing
- MBA in Advertising
- MBA in Finance & Marketing
- MBA in International Marketing
- MBA in Brand Management
- MBA in Social Media Marketing
Top Colleges for MBA Marketing in India
1. IIM Ahmedabad
Among the nation’s top MBA colleges, it has a good reputation. Admission is granted to the top students of the nation after a competitive CAT exam and a rigorous interview. Its specialisation in advertising and marketing is innovative and of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field. (A minimum of 15 years of formal education as per the Indian education system, i.e. 10 + 2 + 3 or 4 as the case may be.)
- Minimum age of 25 years old by 31st March of the year in which the PGPX programme begins. There is no upper age limit for the PGPX 22-23 launching in April 2022. (For example, a candidate must have gained 25 years of age by March 31, 2022, i.e. must have been born on or before March 31, 1997.)
- (GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years from when the score was taken to the application deadline of the round in which the candidate is applying. The earliest possible date is acceptable.
- It will be acceptable to take the GMAT or GRE at home this year with the PGPX.
- As of March 31, 2022, full-time work experience after graduation must be at least four years.
There is a tuition fee of INR 28,00,000 (INR Twenty Eight Lacs) for PGPX 2021-22 plus the cost of the International Immersion Program (IIP).
2. IIM Bangalore
India’s Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management. Moreover, IIMB is a National Institute of Importance in terms of the IIM Act of 2017.
About 1200 students are enrolled in various degree-granting programmes at IIMB, as well as nearly 5000 participants in the Executive Education program each year.
A substantial amount of work experience is required for the program. The pre-requisites are:
- Obtain a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade point average in any discipline
- Work experience of at least 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) after graduation (as of March 31, 2018)
- You must have a valid GMAT/GRE score
Through the core courses, first-year students learn about basic concepts in Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Organization Design, Human Resources Management, Quantitative Methods, and Operations Management. Developing problem-solving skills in management comes from these foundational elements.
An undergraduate student is required to complete sixteen core courses and two electives in his or her first year.
3. IIM Calcutta
As an institution, IIMC has developed a global reputation for imparting high-quality management education. Through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities, it has played a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management.
The institute serves as an autonomous entity, constantly evolving to meet its goals in an ever-changing business environment.
MBA programs are focused on developing skills and knowledge in economics, organization and behaviour, finance and accounting, marketing, human resource management, information systems, and quantitative methods.
Instruction varies according to the method. Different courses use case studies, lectures, group and individual exercises, class projects, student presentations, simulation games, etc. Several courses integrate classroom learning with industry practice by bringing in industry experts.
- Graduate from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/Dec/AIU) (10+2+3/10+2+4/10+2+2/11+1+3)
- After finishing the 12th grade, applicants should possess at least three years of diploma from a recognized institute/government. Programs for bodies are also available
- A candidate must have a graduation grade point average of 50% or higher to be eligible. The graduation percentage is determined by including marks from all years (3 or 4).
- Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but more than 50% marks in post-graduation (from a recognized university) are also eligible for the program.
4. ISB Hyderabad
India’s business school and college are ranked in the IVy league among all schools. Even experienced professionals have a hard time getting in. ISB’s curriculum is designed to prepare professionals for top positions in the corporate world. Marketing isn’t a specialization, but they offer tools for PR and marketing throughout their program. In India’s top firms, ISB graduates work as marketing directors or consultants.
- Exams are conducted by the institute for certificate programs.
- To be considered for admission into the postgraduate diploma programme, students are required to score well on the GMAT or GRE.
- Work-related professionals are also welcome to apply.
- They must excel in academics and their profession.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience is required.
A student must qualify for the Business Aptitude Test (BAT) for projects considered for admission to a PGP program.
5. FMS Delhi
More than just business management, the Faculty of Management Studies offers management education. With a deep understanding of business, we are committed to thought leadership. With a strong emphasis on concepts and theory, the pedagogy combines fieldwork, case studies, and instrumented feedback.
University of Delhi’s Faculty of Management Studies will oversee the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university of a minimum of three years’ duration (SC/ST candidates need only pass with a passing grade, while OBC/PWD candidates require 45% at graduation).
- Applicants must have taken the CAT 2020 exam and have scored the minimum prescribed sectional and overall percentiles to be considered for the next round of shortlisting
- Additionally, candidates who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results for their final year bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination were eligible for FMS Delhi Admission 2021 for MBA 2021-23 batch.
For two years the full-time MBA course fee has increased from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.48,500/- for each semester (Rs.1.92 lakhs).
6. IIFT Delhi/Kolkata
In 1963, the Government of India established the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) to increase exports by developing human resources, analysing and disseminating data, and conducting research.
Those in their mid-career and those in international business can both take advantage of the programs offered by the Institute. The following are
- Graduated with an MBA (International Business), New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salam
- (Part-Time), Three-year MBA (International Business) in New Delhi and Kolkata
- New Delhi Executive Master of International Business
- New Delhi Certificate in Export Management
- An applicant must have a Post-Graduate Degree/Engineering Degree OR equivalent with at least 50% from a recognized University or Institution, and a minimum of three years’ management experience.
- The candidate must have graduated from a recognized university or institution with at least 50% of their grade point average and must have at least five years of managerial experience.
- We consider only the work experience as of 31st July of the year when the program is advertised.
- The candidate must provide company sponsorship or a letter of no objection from the employer.
- As per the central government, a fair number of seats will be reserved for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates.
- Programme applications are open to all ages
In general and OBC categories, the salary is Rs.8.85.000/- a year. (for candidates from SC, ST, and PWD, a 50% relaxation applies).
7. SPJIMR Mumbai
S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is located in the heart of India’s financial district, Mumbai, at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. B.V. Bhavan’s SPJIMR functions as an independent organization with entrepreneurial agility. It consistently ranks among the top ten management institutes in India.
Students can choose from specialisations in Finance, Marketing, and Information Management. A minor is also available at SPJIMR. Currently, the list of minors includes Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Information Management, Marketing & Operations, and Supply Chain.
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10+2+3) from a recognized university. The program is also open to students in their final year of graduation. As well as CAT 2020, SPJIMR accepts GMAT scores (of the last 3 years).
8. XLRI Jamshedpur
XLRI has developed its own unique identity over the years. XLRI is India’s oldest management school, founded in 1949. A hallmark of this identity is not taking the path beaten by others but forging new paths; not benchmarking but being benchmarked; being the first to solve people’s problems and respond to the needs of the nation, and taking on tasks that have never been undertaken before. XLRI has always been known for its enterprising and pioneering spirit.
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university of at least three years’ duration in any discipline. Applicants who complete their final examination by June 10, 2021, may also apply. Indian candidates can take the XAT 2021 exam. Foreign and NRI applicants can, however, apply either by submitting a GMAT score or through XAT results.
9. IMT Ghaziabad
AACSB-accredited Management Technology School in India, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IMTG) was founded in 1980. They value social responsibility, innovation, and execution as guiding principles of leadership. The Institute for Management and Training is an autonomous, not-for-profit institute offering highly sought-after postgraduate programmes over the past four decades. IMTG currently offers six AICTE-approved programmes.
The Post Graduate Diploma Program in Marketing is a full-time, two-year AICTE-approved programme designed to help budding managers specialize in the field of marketing while pursuing a minor specialization from another subject area. Credits for the PGDM Marketing Programme are earned through core courses, electives, and internship projects. A rigorous training program provides the training that candidates need to succeed in leadership roles in marketing.
- In any field, a bachelor’s degree is required after three years.
- Final year students can also apply.
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad charges Rs. 17,50,000 for the PGDM Dual Country Programme (DCP).
10. TAPMI Manipal
“Leadership through Value Creation” is the mission of TAPMI’s flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program. It is our goal to develop cross-functionally minded leaders.
Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, TAPMI launched a 2-year PGDM – Marketing program (PGDM-Marketing). The program is designed to produce professionals capable of assuming leadership and managerial positions in the domain of sales and marketing across various sectors of the economy.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of at least three years duration with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA to qualify for TAMPI.
- TAMPI shortlists candidates for Postgraduate Programmes in Management based on their scores on CAT/XAT/GMAT. For admission, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2020/XAT 2021 or taken the GMAT and must score well.
- In the case of candidates who are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, PGDM admission eligibility would be determined by the equivalence certified by the institution/university where the bachelor’s degree was earned. In places where the institution or university does not have a scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, TAPMI will establish the equivalence by taking the CGPA and multiplying it by 100 to determine the candidate’s eligibility for admission.
- Applications for TAPMI Admission 2021 are open to candidates taking their final year bachelor’s degree or qualification exam, as well as those awaiting the results of previous degree requirements.
- A final year student who is provisionally considered eligible by TAPMI and offered admission are required to submit their mark sheets and degree certificates by the stipulated date as announced by TAPMI.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are popular Cities offering the best jobs after MBA?
Ans. Our professional life is greatly influenced by our city of work. MBA graduates have the best opportunities in the following cities:
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Q. In India, how much does an MBA salary range?
Ans. Depending on the experience and skills of the individual, the salary of a recent MBA graduate may vary from INR 4,00,000 per year to INR 5,000 per year. Depending on the field and specialization, the highest paying jobs after MBA pay on average INR 4,00,000 to 32,00,000 per annum.
Q. What are the factors determining the salary of an MBA graduate?
Ans. There are five main factors that determine the salary of an MBA graduate.
The specialization of his/her MBA education
A college or university
A sector of the economy
Q. What are job positions available after MBA in marketing?
Ans. Analytical Marketing
Customer Relationship Marketing
Product and Brand Management
Q. What is the average salary of an MBA in marketing graduate?
Ans. Senior Marketing Manager- 2-3 LPA
Marketing Manager- 5-6 LPA
Senior Business Analyst- 9-10 LPA
Business Development Manager-6-7 LPA
Business Development Executive- 3-4 LPA
Area Sales Manager- 5-6 LPA
Project Manager- 5-6 LPA
Note- Pricing could vary depending on the company’s terms and conditions
Q. What is the scope for an MBA in marketing in india?
Ans. MBAs in marketing have a lot of potential. Marketers themselves are involved in a wide range of activities. In reputed Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies like HUL or Marico industry, an MBA in marketing can lead to a position as a sales executive or manager. Additionally, IT is a viable career option.
Retail, Tourism, Banking, Hospitality, Advertising, Consultancy, Market Research, etc. are other career areas with job openings.