One Year MBA courses are intended for working experts working for over 4 years who don’t wish to
give up positions occupations, and furthermore seek after MBA, ideally part-time or distance MBA.
There are numerous top MBA schools in India offering one-year MBA courses, the main ones being
IIM Ahmedabad’s MBA-PGPX.
One Year MBA is basically the same as an Executive MBA, however, they are not something similar.
Executive MBA is undeniably more hypothetical in nature when contrasted with One Year MBA.
Students need to go through GMAT or GRE for admission into One Year MBA. Top MBA Colleges
remembering IIMs for India give One Year MBA under different names.
The average fees for Online MBA in IIMs range from INR 20 Lakhs to INR 28 Lakhs.
- Admissions to One Year MBA requires a GMAT/GRE score of 650 or above and in particular a working insight of at least 5 years or above.
- The applications for one-year MBA Admission will begin from the period of November or December.
- Some MBA Colleges, such as ISB Hyderabad and Great Lakes, acknowledge a base work insight of 2 years for admissions in a single-year MBA.
- One year MBA is exceptionally well known abroad, Kellogg one year MBA program is one of them, offering sped one-year MBA from the long stretch of June, in subjects like Strategy, Management, Accounting, and Finance.
- The one-year MBA fees are for the most part a lot higher, however, there are a few universities like Great Lakes, Gurgaon offering a one-year PGPM program with a fee not as much as INR 20 lacs.
One Year MBA Programs in India
The table beneath records one-year MBA programs in India, in top MBA schools, with the sort of
program it offers, whether normal, PGDM, or Executive, with course fees, and the least work experience
College One Year MBA
|Program Name||Course Name||MBA Fees||Required Work|
|IIM Ahmedabad||MBA-PGPX||INR 25,00,000||4 years|
|IIM Bangalore||EPGP||INR 27,50,000||5 years|
|IIM Calcutta||MBAEX||INR 27,00,000||5 years|
|IIM Indore||EPGP||INR 20,10,000||5 years|
|IIM Lucknow||IPMX||INR 23,50,000||5 years|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP-BL||INR 22,50,000||3 years|
|ISB Hyderabad||PGP||INR 34,63,240||2 years|
|Great Lakes Gurgaon||PGPM||INR 19,25,000||2 years|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||PGDM (GM)||INR 20,00,000||5 years|
One Year MBA in IIMs
|College Name||Batch Size||Fees||Min Work Experience|
|IIM Ahmedabad||140||INR 28,00,000||4 Years||8 Years|
|IIM Bangalore||75||INR 27,50,000||5 Years||7.5 years|
|IIM Calcutta||79||INR 27,00,000||5 Years||8 Years|
|IIM Indore||68||INR 20,10,000||5 Years||8.5 Years|
|IIM Lucknow||101||INR 23,50,000||5 Years||8.2 Years|
|80||INR 22,50,000||3 Years||NA|
One Year MBA Eligibility
All of the one-year MBA courses acknowledge an average GMAT/GRE score, as set by various
- IIMs by and large acknowledge a GMAT/GRE score of 650 or above.
- Likewise, a graduation degree with a base half total score is required.
- The application forms for these one-year MBA courses start from the long stretch of November or December.
- Plus, you want to have an outstandingly decent work profile with familiar verbal and composed relational abilities.
- The up-and-comer is chosen generally founded on a high GMAT/GRE score and performance on composed and verbal capacity tests.
The table beneath referenced the average GMAT score acknowledged by the universities offering
one year MBA, in view of past MBA admission patterns.
- College Average GMAT Score Accepted
- IIM Ahmedabad 702
- IIM Bangalore 709
- IIM Calcutta 685
- IIM Indore 650
- IIM Lucknow 672
- ISB Hyderabad 709
- Extraordinary Lakes, Gurgaon 670
- XLRI Jamshedpur 640
Executive One Year MBA Programs
Competitors who don’t wish to pick the one-year private MBAs can likewise select the Executive MBA programs, which are intended for working people who believe that should do a part-time MBA alongside their positions.
Leader MBA programs require a higher work insight of over 8 years and their term surpasses a year.
As of now, scarcely any schools are offering these leader MBA programs.
Parameter One Year MBA Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Residential Yes No
- Course Duration 12 months 15-20 months
- Minimum work experience required 2-5 years (varies college to college) 8-10 years
- Eligibility Criteria A high GMAT/GRE score and work profile.
- Work experience of more than 8 years, and a good profile.
- Course Fee INR 10-35 lacs INR 5-35 lacs
|Name of the University||Course Duration||Tuition Fee|
|Maastricht School of Management- Netherlands||12 months (on-campus)||INR 29,33,774|
|Rome Business School- Italy||12 months (on-campus)||INR 16,24,859|
|Robert Kennedy College- United Kingdom||12 months (online)||INR 11,15,827|
|Bryant University- USA||12 months (on-campus)||INR 89,999|
|University of Stirling UK||12 months (on-campus)||INR 18,85,017|
|Goizueta Business School- USA||12 months (on- campus)||INR 76,49,198|
Kellogg One Year MBA
Kellogg School of Management, Evanston offers a one-year sped-up MBA program, in a cycle
beginning from one June to another at an educational expense of $103,316.
- The application forms for admissions start from the period of September 2020 and involve three rounds.
- The subsequent round was initiated on January 06, 2021, and the third round is planned for April 07, 2021.
- They likewise expect you to finish some pre-courses in Statistics, Economics, Marketing, and Operations as a piece of their qualification standards.
- The course educational program centers around spaces of Strategy and Management, Accounting, and Finance.
- The principal semester centers around these subjects, then, at that point, during September, you are instructed alongside the long-term MBA class for superior comprehension.
- One Year MBA at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Arranged in Rotterdam, Netherlands, this business college offers a full-time one-year MBA program with an educational expense of INR 48,66,534. The course begins from the long stretch of January and is separated into four terms.
Term I-The Foundations of Management
Term II-The Practice of Management
Term III-Advanced Career Options
Term IV-MBA Electives and International Opportunities
One Year MBA at Rushford Business School, Geneva, Switzerland
- This business college offers a full-time online, one-year MBA program with an educational expense of INR 5,02,081.
The course offers 17 center subjects and 5 electives.
- An understudy should follow through with 15 center courses and 3 electives to finish his online MBA degree.
- The qualification measures comprise a four-year college education or any comparable in any discipline and capability in the English language.
One Year MBA at ESCP Business School
ESCP Business School is situated in excess of 6 nations.
It offers a full-time, 10 months MBA in International Management with an educational expense of
Any up-and-comer with a lone wolf’s or alternately graduate degree in any discipline, with a base
work insight of 3 years and capability in the English language is qualified for this course.
One Year MBA at Hult International Business School
Hult International Business School offers a full-time one-year worldwide MBA program that can be
sought after in any of the areas the Hult Business School is found (London, Dubai, Shanghai, and so
The one-year MBA costs INR 58,26,655.
Any understudy with a four-year college education in any discipline, least work insight of 3 years, and
capability in the English language can seek after this degree.
One Year MBA at International University of Japan, Niigata, Japan
The Worldwide University of Japan offers a full-time one-year MBA program with an educational
the expense of INR 22,00,240.
It requires work insight of no less than 5 years, a GPA of 3.00 or higher, and a theory with a grade of
B+ or higher.
The course is partitioned into three terms and one summer period.
One Year MBA: Syllabus
The 1-year MBA course is separated into five terms, beginning from the long stretch of April.
Out of these 5 terms, 2 terms are devoted to center subjects, 2 for electives, and 1 whole term
planned particularly for a global drenching program.
The one-year MBA prospectus is like an ordinary MBA schedule, with a brief center around each subject
as opposed to far-reaching studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is a better-1 year MBA or 2 years MBA?
Ans. Both one-year and long-term MBA programs are great as far as the educational plan and
arrangements advertised. Both of the projects are planned remembering the career objectives and
requests of the students.
The one-year MBA program is a superior choice for those people who have a reasonable career
objective and have the work insight in the corporate world, they simply have to develop and speed
up their career.
The long-term MBA program is a superior choice for those people who are new to the corporate
world and have work insight of fewer than 2 years, such people need more top to bottom hypothetical
information alongside the down-to-earth viewpoints and furthermore need to encounter a decent
business college climate.
As far as devotion and difficult work, one-year MBA programs require more commitment as a quick
moving course covers every one of the viewpoints shown in a long-term MBA program.
As far as the course fee, both one-year and long-term MBA programs are equivalent.
Q2. Is it true or not that one year MBA is worth the effort?
Ans. Indeed, the one-year MBA merits your time, and gave you what it takes and the information
expected for this course. As one year MBA is dynamic, it requires a ton of difficult work and
devotion, however, it is fast, calls for considerably less investment, and assists you with getting the
perfect proportion of help and edge you really want, to speed up your career.
Q3. Which are the best schools in India for a one-year MBA program?
Ans. Here is the rundown of the best schools in India for a one-year MBA program-
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Indore
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Kozhikode
- IBS Hyderabad
- Great Lakes Gurgaon
Q4. What is the extent of a one-year MBA in India?
Ans. There is a decent extent of a one-year MBA program in India in light of the fact that the
situations presented in this course are taken care of one’s singular necessities, that match their
corporate foundation as well as future career objectives. The schools help you with a superior
career choice and different areas like Banking, Finance, Consulting, IT enlist the students.
Q5. Which is better-Executive MBA (EMBA) or a full-time MBA?
Ans. Both leader MBA (EMBA) and full-time MBA are great. A superior choice relies upon the
understudy’s work insight and objectives. Assuming you have work insight of over 10 years in your
field, and you want to have developed in your career, the Executive MBA is the ideal decision
since it doesn’t expect you to leave your everyday work. In the event that you are new to the
corporate world and have to have a piece of top to bottom information, a superior position a
valuable open door, the full-time MBA program is the ideal decision for you.