MBBS Colleges in Telangana
Telangana is a residence of 34 medical colleges, including both private and government medical colleges. Learners scheming to pursue UG/PG medical courses frequently quest for the top MBBS colleges in Telangana. As per the National Medical Commission (NMC) data, there are MBBS, MD/MS/PG Diploma, and DM/M.Ch seats in the medical colleges in Telangana.
This article encloses all the details regarding the MBBS Colleges in Telangana, including eligibility criteria, fee structure, top Colleges, etc.
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA HIGHLIGHTS:-
|Medical colleges in Telangana||34 colleges as per NMC|
|Colleges affiliated to||Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS)|
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences
|Entrance exams for admission||NEET-UG|
|Top courses||MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, MD, MS, PG Diploma, DM, M.Ch|
|Range of MBBS course fee||MBBS fee - 47,000 to 51.98 lakhs|
|Number of seats||5240 MBBS|
TOP 3 MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA:-
1. OSMANIA MEDICAL COLLEGE:-
Osmania Medical College (OMC), Hyderabad, inaugurated in 1846 is a private medical college established in Hyderabad, Telangana. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka. OMC gives MBBS Program at the undergraduate level, MD/ MS and PG Diploma in various specializations at the postgraduate level, and DM and MCh at the Doctorate Level. Also OMC, Hyderabad gives Ph.D. and Fellowship programs to its students. The college also awards scholarships to meritorious students.
|Campus size||20 acre|
|Affiliation||KNR University of Health Sciences|
|Ranking (2021)||- Ranked 18 by The Week under the Medical category|
- Ranked 22 by India Today under the Medical category
|Top recruiters||Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Singapore General Hospital, Osmania General Hospital|
2. GANDHI MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL:-
Gandhi Medical College is nearly 150 years old running college started in the year 1851, Gandhi hospital was glanced at first as a Clinic of 3 wards, developed into a Cantonment Hospital with 95 beds strength in 1900. It has grown into King Edward Memorial Hospital in 1913 and has developed into a teaching hospital in 1958 for Gandhi Medical College with present bed strength of 1200.
|Total MBBS Seats||250 (Permitted for increase of seats from 200 to 250 under EWS quota for 2019-20)|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 10000|
|Affiliated To:||Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal|
|All India Ranking:||26|
|Telangana State Ranking:||1|
|Recognition and Listing:||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organization(WHO)|
|Affiliated Hospital:||Gandhi Hospital Hyderabad|
3. APOLLO INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND RESEARCH:-
Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (AIMSR), Hyderabad was established in 2012 by the non-profit trust - Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation (AHERF). AIMSR campus has spread over 150,000 sq. ft. for both administrative and academic blocks. The institute has a teaching hospital with 300 beds in a separate 100,000 sq. ft. facility. AIMSR is affiliated with Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, and is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-
- Aspirants should fulfill the Telangana domicile criteria as set by KNRUHS, for the admission of state quota seats.
- For AIQ seats there is no domicile needed by the aspirants.
- For MBBS admission in medical colleges in Telangana, aspirants must have qualified the NEET exam with the required eligibility conditions.
- Aspirants should be minimum of 17 years of age and should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as their compulsory subjects in class 12th.
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA ADMISSION PROCESS:-
- Admission to MBBS program in top medical colleges in Telangana is based on the NEET UG exam.
- Telangana MBBS admission to 15% of AIQ seats is consented by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- While KNRUHS grants admission to 85% of state quota seats and seats in private medical colleges for MBBS.
- For AIQ seats, aspirants have to register at mcc.nic.in and for state quota seats at knruhs.telangana.gov.in.
- After the registration process councils release a merit list illustrating the names of eligible aspirants for admission to MBBS colleges in Telangana.
- Shortlisted aspirants are eligible to participate in counseling. During counseling, they have to submit their choices of courses and a list of MBBS colleges in Telangana.
- Based on aspirant choices, NEET rank, number of seats available, and other factors, admission to the best MBBS colleges in Telangana is granted.
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA WITH FEE STRUCTURE:-
|College name||Course Fee (total fee)|
|Osmania Medical College||Rs. 75,000|
|Gandhi Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 47.12 K|
|Kakatiya Medical College||Rs. 61,000|
|Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research||Rs. 2.70 lakhs|
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA ACCEPTED ENTRANCE EXAMS:-
NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam) is the only exam for MBBS admission. NEET is conducted in offline mode. Scholars get admission for MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, and Nursing through NEET. All the government and private medical colleges will offer admission under 15% AIQ and 85% State level quota seats. Top medical colleges in TELANGANA take admission through NEET Exam.
NEET Exam is a National Eligibility Entrance exam for MBBS, BSc Nursing, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, etc. On average 15-16 Lakh students apply for NEET exam annually.
|NEET Exam Date||17th July|
|NEET Exam Admit Card||3 days before exam|
|NEET Registration||From 6th April|
|NEET Results||Date To be announced|
GOVERNMENT MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA:-
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Secunderabad
- Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal
PRIVATE MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA:-
- Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hyderabad
- KAMSRC, Hyderabad
SKILLS REQUIRED BY AN MBBS GRADUATE:-
- Should have team leadership excellence
- Deep concern in being a helping professional
- Decent endurance
- Reliable Attitude
- Patience and tolerance
- Consistent updating of skills and knowledge
- Mental alertness at all times
MBBS CAREER AND JOBS:-
- After finalizing the MBBS degree successfully, the aspirant has 2 major options to choose from: either start their endeavor or go for a job in the medical field.
- Aspirants can also opt for government jobs as a doctor or join a private health firm. There are decent future domains in the field of medicine.
- The aspirant can work in the medical college, hospitals, nursing homes, health corporations, health ministry, medical health society, back office medical consultancy, and pharmaceutical industries, also work as a physician, prescribes medicines & treatment for the disease, research while surgeons perform operations.
- Many Medical Graduates are much in demand to study & research the different areas in Bio-Engineering.
The job profiles of the MBBS may be the following:-
- Junior doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
MBBS EMPLOYMENT AREAS:-
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Colleges
- Health Centers
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
MBBS COLLEGES IN TELANGANA FAQs:-
Q1. How many MBBS seats in medical colleges in Telangana?
Ans. As per the National Medical Commission there are 5240 MBBS seats in medical colleges in Telangana.
Q2. What is the fee of Osmania Medical College?
Ans. The total MBBS course fee of Osmania Medical College is Rs. 75,000.
Q3. Which are the best medical colleges (MBBS) in Telangana?
Ans. Government Medical Colleges:
- Osmania Medical College
- Gandhi Medical College
- ESIC, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya Medical College
- Govt. Mahabubnagar Medical College
- Govt. Nizamabad (Khaleelwadi)
- Govt. Siddipet Medical College
Q4. What is the fee structure for MBBS NRI quota seat in government medical colleges in Telangana?
Ans. To the best of my knowledge, NRI quota doesn’t exist in government medical colleges in Telangana.
Q5. How do I get a distinction in an MBBS in Telangana?
Ans. For distinction U don’t have to be in complete control of your subjects. U just have to read the questions of your past year university exam papers. True knowledge will be gained and tested in postings which you will be posted from 2nd year onwards. Doctor is a life dependent profession. U should have complete diagnosis knowledge for a particular Disease. So b a master in clinical condition throughout your mbbs course . By having a handsome amount of clinical knowledge you can get help in clearing competitive exams after or before MBBS.
Q6. What is the procedure to apply for the management quota for an MBBS in Telangana?
Ans. To apply for a private Medical college I will suggest you to directly contact that college which College you want to join and they will help you to get a seat in management quota. As because about 50% of the management seat remain vacant.