Government Medical Colleges in Kerala for MBBS
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the primary medical course granted by medical colleges. MBBS is 5 years and 6 months undergraduate medical course. MBBS Course is a proficient degree required to become a doctor, diagnose diseases, prescribe medicine, and conduct surgery. MBBS has been curtailed from the Latin word Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
Kerala is a top state having one of the Best MBBS Colleges. These MBBS colleges deliver the adequate education, erect with high infrastructure facilities configure to meet the standards of quality teaching for the aspirants.
Medical Colleges In Kerela For MBBS Highlights:-
|No. of Medical Colleges in Kerala||32 colleges|
|Fees||- Annual fee Rs 1-2 lakh: 32%|
- Annual fee > Rs 5 lakh: 64.50%
|Top Specializations||General Surgery and Medicine|
|Admission Process||Based on NEET Exam|
Top 3 Governent Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS:-
1. GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE, KOLLAM:-
GMC Kollam was birthed in 2013, situated at Parippally Kollam. GMC Kollam has commenced its hospital in the year 2016. GMC is the primary medical college in the Kollam district. Kollam Medical College is considered one of the prestigious MBBS Colleges in Kerala.
2. TD MEDICAL COLLEGE:-
T.D. Medical College, Alappuzha was inaugurated in 1963, as a self-financing institution, under the barter of the T D Temple at Anantha Narayana Puram of Alappuzha. TD Medical College is the fourth Medical College in the state and is using the District Hospital Alappuzha as Medical College Hospital for the clinical the practice of its students.
|Year of establishment||1963|
|Institute of national importance||No|
3. GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE, PALAKKAD:-
Government Medical College Palakkad inaugurated in 2014, is most popularly known as GMC Palakkad, located at Yakkara Palakkad Kerala. Government Medical College, Palakkad is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Kerala. The Government Medical College Palakkad delivers medical education to students at a very great niche.
GMC Palakkad is a rapidly maturing Medical College in Kerala as a center of excellence in every field of modern medicine. The Institute is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).
Government Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS Eligibility Criteria:-
To get admission into top MBBS Colleges in Kerala, the aspirant must follow and check the basic eligibility criteria given to them. Admission to MBBS Colleges in Kerala is done only based on the NEET exam. The basic eligibility criteria are given below:-
- Aspirants should be of a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Aspirants must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2 with at least 50% marks.
- The aspirant must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
Government Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS Admission Process:-
The admissions to Government medical colleges in Kerala for MBBS are based on the entrance exam. After giving the exam, the aspirant should follow the basic steps for the admission, given as:-
- The aspirant has to register at the MCC website for admission to AIQ seats in the MBBS course – mcc.nic.in.
- After registration, authorities will release the merit list for admission to Government Medical colleges in Kerala for MBBS.
- Based on the merit list aspirants have to participate in counseling.
- During counseling, aspirants have to submit their preferences for a list of Government MBBS colleges in Kerala.
- Based on aspirant preferences, and various other factors, admission to the best government medical colleges in Kerala for MBBS has consented.
Government Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS With Average Fees:-
- There are no specializations offered in MBBS courses in Kerala.
- MBBS is an undergraduate program hence it does not include any specialization degrees available and it also does not have any further extra courses.
- In Kerala, almost 75% of the registered students appeared for the NEET entrance exam.
- There are more than 3500 seats available in medical Colleges in Kerala, including both government and private colleges.
Government Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS:-
There are nearly 30 medical colleges in Kerala, out of these, a few of them are public/government colleges. Here is the list of top government MBBS colleges in Kerala
|Public/ Government Medical Colleges in Kerala||Course Fee (In Rs)|
|Government Medical College, Kollam||1.13 L|
|T.D. Medical College||1.14 L|
Career Opportunities After MBBS In Kerala:-
- MBBS is considered as one of the most reputed courses in India and trains a person for serving as a doctor.
- After MBBS, one can also go for pursuing Master of surgery in various specializations such as anesthesiology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, etc.
|Job position||Expected salary|
|Physician||Rs. 6 Lakhs Per annum|
|Medical officer||Rs. 7 Lakhs per annum|
|Dietician||Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Pediatrician||Rs. 5.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Medical surgeon||Rs. 10 Lakhs per annum.|
MBBS Colleges In Kerala Top Recruiters:-
- During MBBS it is mandatory to do a 1-year internship after which an aspirant gets the MBBS degree.
- Internships are chiefly addressed by the college itself.
- For MBBS graduates the top recruiters are mainly the hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, medical research departments, etc.
Here is the list is given below showing the top recruiters for MBBS graduates:-
- Lilavati Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- Cipla Ltd.
- Sri Ganga Ram hospital
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Medanta Hospital
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Wockhardt Ltd
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
Government Medical Colleges In Kerala For MBBS FAQs:-
Q1. Can a Tamil Nadu student get an MBBS in Kerala?
Ans. Yes. Any Indian student can get MBBS in Kerala under the all-India quota in Govt. and Deemed Universities.
Q2. Is there a bond after 5.5 years of MBBS in Kerala?
Ans. Yes. Bond is available in government merit seats. Govt will collect bond documents at the time of admission. But the execution of bonds is rare. This year’s bond is executed due to the covid-19 pandemic. This happened after long years.
Q3. How can I apply for an MBBS college in Kerala? I am from Maharashtra. Is it possible to apply for it?
Ans. A student having a domicile in Maharashtra can apply for MBBS seats in Medical Colleges in Kerala through the 15% All India Quota Counselling. But eventually, it all depends on your NEET score without that I cant give you a clear idea about admission to any Medical college. For more details contact me.
Q4. How many govt medical colleges in Kerala for MBBS?
Ans. There are 62 government medical colleges in Kerala.
Q5. Which is the No 1 Medical College in Kerala?
Ans. Calicut Medical College, Calicut. The first medical college in our list of top 20 medical colleges in Kerala is Calicut Medical college in Calicut. The college is affiliated to the Kerala Institute of Health Sciences.
Q6. What can be considered a safe state merit rank to get an MBBS seat in a government medical college in Kerala?
Ans. This year, competition is very high. You have good chances of getting a government medical college seat if your NEET score is 630+ with Kerala domicile.
Q7. What will be the fees at the Government Medical College of Kerala for the MBBS students who will be selected?
Ans. Rs. 25,000 per annum. There will also be additional hostel charges but that is negligible as it is run by the government. Even though the tuition fees for government medical colleges(MBBS) is only Rs. 25,000 per annum, the fees in private medical colleges(MBBS) is Rs. 5,60,000 per annum for some and Rs. 6,54,000 per annum for a few others. Also these private institutes charge a lot more extra on other expenses and hostels. Moreover, most of these private institutions(not all) lack proper facilities, patients, faculty, cases etc. So the exposure is less, compared to a government medical college, where you can even get to see live post mortems. This is going to create a lot of difference while you try for a PG, as medicine has to be “practiced” more than mere by heart learning. So work hard to get into a government medical College.
Q8. This year, what may be the cutoff for an MBBS for a government medical college in Kerala? What was the last year’s cutoff in Kerala?
Ans. Cutoff rank varies by 10 to 20 percent. All India quota cutoff:-
- Govt medical college Palakkad 7088 rank
- GMC Kollam 6538 rank
- GMC MANJERI 6361 RANK