Table of Contents
Chandigarh University Placement 2022 is a leading not-for-profit university, accredited by NAAC with an A+ grade. A total of 13,221 students are enrolled at the university, including more than 5,500 female students in all departments. A total of 16 departments offer many specializations in undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD courses. CUCET examinations are administered at the university’s level for admission to these courses.
The Chandigarh university Placement 2022 has been recognized and acknowledged by many organizations as having one of the best placements records in the country Chandigarh University Placement recorded the highest number of offers with more than 7412 in 2020-21, and the highest package has increased by 30% to INR 36 LPA, a new record.
Chandigarh University Average Placement Key Facts
- Chandigarh University Placement has become Youngest and the only private university in India to bag an A+ grade accreditation and also the only state private university of Punjab to be accredited by NAAC.
- Ranked among Asia’s best and fastest-growing universities, CU has coupled the experience of top industry leaders and renowned academicians to foster a global approach.
- Chandigarh University Placement offers a unique and inspirational academic model designed to match the international standards.
- The University has a dynamic academic fraternity drawn from top universities nationally and internationally.
- Chandigarh University Placement offers the most conducive student-faculty ratio of 14:1, leading to 85 percent student satisfaction.
- Chandigarh University Placement facilitates international learning opportunities for its students through partnerships with more than 306+ top-ranked universities worldwide.
- Chandigarh University Placement has state-of-the-art technology integrated throughout every aspect of the university, including its own in-house developed and implemented university information management system (CUIMS) and the world-renowned Blackboard Learning Management System.
Chandigarh University Placement Highlights 2022
|Established | Type
|2012 | Private
|Centers of Excellence
|10,000+ Intake Capacity
Chandigarh University – [CU], Chandigarh Fees & Eligibility
|1.95Lakhs(1st Year Fees)
|1.05Lakhs(1st Year Fees)
|10+2 with 50%
|1.6Lakhs(1st Year Fees)
|10+2 with 50%
|1.1Lakh(1st Year Fees)
|1Lakh(1st Year Fees)
|1.1 Lakhs(1st Year Fees)
|90,000(1st Year Fees)
Chandigarh University-(CU) Placement Admission 2022
The admission process for the B.Tech/B.Arch program is based on the JEE Main Paper I/JEE Main Paper II or NATA scores. A valid GATE score is also required for ME/M.Arch.
To be considered for an MBA program, a candidate must have a valid score from one of the following tests: CAT/MAT/GMAT. Ph.D. courses require the Chandigarh University Average Placement -Ph.D. Test, but qualified candidates from CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ GPAT or SLET are also eligible for admission.
Those shortlisted on the basis of their submitted scores will have to participate in a Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The results of these rounds will determine the final selection.
For other undergraduate programs, completion of the 10+2 level of education is necessary with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Chandigarh university has more than 250 tie-ups with foreign universities in order to foster academic diversity. It helps to establish partnerships and facilitate student exchange programs with foreign universities.
|Graduation with 50% marks in aggregate
|Passed 10+2 with 50% marks
|Passed 10+2 from a recognized university
|B.E Lateral Entry
|Diploma with at least 45% marks or B.Sc. degree
|10+2 or it's equivalent from a recognized university
Through CU-IDOL (Chandigarh University Institute of Distance and Open Learning), the institute also provides distance education. Admission is available for the following programs: BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.A, B.Sc (TTM), MBA, MCA, M.Com, and M.A (English & Psychology).
A student who is interested in applying can fill out an online application form on the website of “cuidol.in” or can purchase it from the university head office or regional admission office. The prospectus or university IDOL website contains information concerning eligibility, which must be checked before filling out an application form.
Chandigarh University Average Placement also believes in taking voluntary initiative towards the social cause by a myriad of activities that enforce community building and social responsibility. Activities like sanitation, hygiene, environment protection, and basic education program are volunteered by the students.
Chandigarh University Average Placement was the first private university amongst its contemporaries to be accredited A+ by NAAC. Chandigarh University Average Placement has been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities and other discipline-specific council boards of India such as
- Bar Council of India
- Pharmacy Council of India
- Council of Architecture
- Computer Society of India, etc
Chandigarh University Average Placement has recorded its name in the Limca Book of World Records for the highest number of companies arriving for placement opportunities. In the academic year 2018-19, a total number of 6314 students were placed in leading national and international companies. 627 companies visited the campus for placements during the session, recruiting a record-breaking number of students.
Chandigarh University Placements 2021
Chandigarh University Average Placement has once more tried its leadership once it involves the students’ placements & conjointly has return up with new placement records. The institute tough twelve-tone system additional offers compared to last year.
During the ultimate placement drive of 2021, a complete of 7412 placement offers were created by collaborating 757 transnational firms. the best authority stood at government agency thirty six LPA for the Engineering students, for the Management students it stood at government agency twenty eight LPA, for the building Management students it stood at government agency eighteen LPA & for the pharmaceutical company Science students it stood at government agency four.38 LPA. the average authority stood at government agency eight LPA.
Chandigarh University Average Placement has discharged its interim report of summer situation placement drive. throughout its summer situation placement drive of the batch 2020-22, the best situation regular payment of government agency one Lakhs per month was offered.
Top recruiters like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, Adobe, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, Qualcomm and lots of additional firms participated within the placement drive.
|Placement Statistics (2019-20)
|Placement Statistics (2020-21)
|No. of Companies
|No. of Fortune 500 Companies
|No. of Offers
|No. of Students placed
|INR 35 LPA
|INR 36 LPA
|INR 8 LPA
|Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, Hewlett Packard, SAP Labs, Samsung, L&T etc
|Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, Adobe, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, Qualcomm etc.
During Chandigarh University Placements 2021, 757 international firms beside three hundred Fortune five hundred recruiters visited the field. a complete of 7412 placement offers were created by these recruiters.
The highest Counterterrorist Center of Bureau of Intelligence and Research thirty six LPA was offered to the scholars. the general average Counter terrorist Center stood at Bureau of Intelligence and Research eight LPA. High recruiters like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, Adobe, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, Qualcomm etc, created the location offers to the scholars throughout Chandigarh University Placements 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who are some of the famous alumni of Chandigarh University?
Some famous Chandigarh University Alumni are mentioned here.
- Bhagwan Singh – National Gold Medalist in Rowing, Asian Games 2018 Medal Winner
- Tanya Mittal – Miss Tourism Universe, TedxYouth Speaker
- Lt. Jagjot Singh – Commissioned in 9 Horse (Deccan Horse), Indian Army
- Ankit Bhatt – Journalist, News 18 Bureau Head in Jammu & Kashmir, Young Journalist Awardee
- Shashi Chopra – International Medalist in Boxing
- Sumit Malik – Member of India’s American Football World Championship Squad
Q. Is Chandigarh University good enough to pursue MBA?
The course structure for MBA at Chandigarh University is not particularly a good subject area. One of my cousins recently graduated from the university with a CGPA of 8.5 yet secured a placement offer at a start-up company with almost INR 1.6 LPA, as an average amount.
While, on the other hand, the Business School of LPU has been accredited by (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA.
Having said that, here is a detailed outlook of the prospects it shares,
1. Students generally acquire various scholarship opportunities that further contribute to making their MBA course quite affordable.
2. The highest package LPU offered was INR 42 LPA. The average package reported is about INR 21 LPA, alongside a placement percentage touching 90%.
3. Over 150 companies participated in the placement drive, including Microsoft, Trident, ITC, Asian Paints, HDFC, Federal Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Moody’s Analytics, WNS Global, and more.
4. It also offers several opportunities to help work on the personality of students by conducting development skill programs, professional enhancement classes, learning workshops or sessions, extensive cultural events, and distinct placement offers.
5. LPU is renowned mostly for offering real-life exposure by providing numerous training courses, following internship opportunities, kept compulsory for every student.
It is best if you choose LPU over the former for better exposure, prospects, and livelihood.
Q. Which is better, GNDU or Chandigarh University for CS?
1. Both Chandigarh University and GNDU are good in their own respects. The choice varies from person to person.
- Many consider Chandigarh University better for its CS department. If you wish to specialize in this field, then it is a good option. It has tie-ups with reputed international company IBM, which also provides enough exposure.
- Chandigarh University CSE Placements are top-notch. It also has a well-maintained infrastructure with experienced faculty members.
- Some often prefer GNDU over Chandigarh University (CU). As it is a much older establishment and is a government institution, which makes the cost of studies much affordable.
- They have a highly experienced faculty.
- GNDU placements are good. Mass recruiting companies provide numerous job offers to almost all students.
- It is also known for its involvement in extracurricular activities. As this provides holistic development for the students.
If you want to join a university without having to go through any admission test, CU will be the right option, because GNDU requires students to appear for an exam prior to admission. The selection then will be based on this.
Q. Is Chandigarh university is private or government?
Chandigarh University is a private university that is run by Chandigarh Educational Trust. It is situated on NH-95, Chandigarh Ludhiana Highway, Mohali, Panjab. The university is recognized by UGC.
It is one of the largest universities near Chandigarh. CU has more than 30,000 students from all over India and 30 other countries.
Q. Can I get direct admission into Chandigarh University?
Yes, being a private university, Chandigarh University offers direct admission. You will need to fill out the registration form available online and pay INR 10,000 to book your seat. After paying the fees, your admission will be confirmed.
For offline registration, you will need to visit CU and fill in your information in the form that they will provide you in the admission office. After that, you will be requested to pay the fee in advance.
Q. Which is better for engineering Chitkara University (Rajpura) or Chandigarh University (Gharuan)?
Chandigarh University is better than Chitkara University because of the following reasons.
- A large number of recruiters visit the campus placement at CU. The number of recruiters is also increasing over years. The average CTC offered at the campus is 8 LPA.
- The campus offers a great environment for studies. There are also various extracurricular activities that you can participate in.
- The hostel facilities offered at the university are quite good.
- The whole campus is wifi enabled.
- The faculties are well-experienced and quite supportive.