What is PGDM?
PGDM is a 2 year diploma course offered by autonomous Business Schools recognised by AICTE that puts its primary focus on offering practical knowledge of management. PGDM full form is Postgraduate Diploma in Management and is equivalent to MBA if the college is accredited by AIU.
PGDM course duration is of 2 years and in order to be eligible for the course, candidates must have completed graduation preferably from management. But graduates from any stream can apply for this course. PGDM Admission is mostly based on entrance exams like MAT, CAT, XAT, and more.
A lot of working professionals and students prefer this management course because the PGDM Syllabus is market and industry oriented. It follows current trends in the market and moulds its syllabus accordingly.
- PGDM Full-Form: Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDM Course Level: Postgraduate
- PGDM Duration: 2 years
- PGDM Examination Type: Semester/ Trimester System
- PGDM Eligibility: Graduation in any stream
- Admission Process: Entrance Exams, Direct Admission is also offered in some private colleges.
- PGDM Average Fees: INR 3-12 Lakhs
- PGDM Top Colleges: IIM Kolkata, NMIMS, SPJIMR etc.
- Distance Education: NMIMS, IGNOU, Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL), Nalanda Open University
- PGDM Average Salary: INR 4-10 LPA
- PGDM Top Recruiting Areas: Banks, Marketing Agencies, Market Research Companies, Educational Institutions, Consultancies, Law Firms, Entertainment Portal, Hotels and Resorts, etc.
- Job Positions: Administrative Officer, Business Consultant, Finance Manager, Human Resource Manager, Public Relations Officer, Marketing Executive, etc.
- Top Companies: McKinsey & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, Deloitte Consulting, Booz Allen Hamilton, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC, EY LLP Consulting Practice, Accenture, etc.
About PGDM Course
Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM) is a management course with a more practical approach and Industry oriented. The curriculum of the course is quite similar to that of MBA with an aim to impart Management training programs amongst the students by following up with rigorous case studies and seminars to prepare the students for the Industry.
PGDM is a very highly demanding course amongst the students who want to pursue their careers in the management field. With the constantly changing world, the requirements of the Organizations, Institutions, Companies etc are also changing. There is a huge demand for Managers, Leaders, functional heads and Specialised Executives all around the world.
- Students of any stream can opt for this course: The PGDM Syllabus is designed to give shape to the careers of the students of any field. Students having a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with the required percentage can go for the PGDM course for their overall development.
- Interdisciplinary Course: PGDM is an Interdisciplinary course with the fusion of streams such as Management, Accountancy, Economics etc to meet the requirements of the industries. The PGDM course gives the students a wide spectrum of knowledge rather than just being efficient in one subject.
- Preparing Future Managers: Demand for quality managers is rising day by day in the country. Often the organisations spent a huge amount of money on their training and development to meet the industry standards. PGDM course helps the students to place themselves with the current requirement of the industries and markets.
- Leverage on Current Salary or Job Position: PGDM course helps the aspirants to climb up the ladder in the pyramid. It offers Salary hikes, Promotions, CV enhancements etc by updating itself with the current market requirements.
Who should do a PGDM?
- Students who want to pursue a career in Management can opt for a PGDM Course.
- This course promises a high salary for individuals who can lead teams and manage them. Individuals with high leadership capabilities should try in PGDM Course
- Since PGDM accepts students from all courses, it provides a great opportunity to the students to shift their career into something that may interest them.
- Many students opt for a PGDM course to advance to a managerial or administrative position or to shift their career. You shouldn’t do both at once, as it’s possible to spread too thin – not having the work experience in the new position to back it up.
- Almost any student or working professional can do a PGDM online and PGDM Distance education. This helps the students or professionals with time and financial constraints.
- Professionals with hefty work experience have the opportunity to move up the ladder since PGDM Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of age.
When to do a PGDM?
The PGDM course is done to upgrade the skills and meet the requirements of the Industry by imparting practical approaches. The perfect time of doing a PGDM course depends upon the individual.
A PGDM course after the completion of graduation will not be as fruitful as having an experience of a few years on the back. Major companies require 3-4 years of work experience and relevant skill addition in the resume in order to earn that fat paycheck that everyone dreams and also for a managerial level job.
Due to the highly rewarding nature of PGDM courses, there is huge demand for it. This has led to high costs associated with the Diploma degree. Students must be ready to cope financially. Many students are unable to bear the high cost of a PGDM course and leave mid-way.
Students must evaluate the value of what a PGDM course will add in their career. A PGDM course is something which helps in our personality development by bringing new perspectives to our mind.
Types of PGDM
Due to an upsurge in the demands of PGDM courses, there are different options available for the students to choose from the different types of PGDM courses offered. For example, a Professional who wants to pursue a PGDM course to move up the ladder in the organization can opt for PGDM Distance course or PGDM Online course whichever may be suitable for him/her.
|Types of PGDM||Eligibility||Admission||Fees|
|Full Time||Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks|
For IIM 60% marks
|Entrance Based||INR 4- 24 LPA|
|Online||Bachelor's Degree||Merit Based||INR 10,000-15,000|
|Distance||Bachelor's Degree||Entrance Based||INR 30,000-50,000|
Full Time PGDM
- Full time PGDM is a 2-year professional diploma course that provides students with detailed knowledge about industry standards and norms. This is the most popular form of PGDM course. Full Time PGDM Fee ranges from INR 4-24 LPA depending on the college.
- PGDM Admissions are based on Entrance Exams conducted either at the national or university level. Top PGDM Entrance Exams include CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT, GMAT.
- Full time PGDM Specialisation includes PGDM Marketing, PGDM Finance, PGDM in HR, and alike.
- PGDM is offered in top colleges across the country. Apart from Top PGDM Colleges in India, students can also pursue PGDM From IIMs.
Online PGDM courses are short term courses offered by various online platforms and can be very vital when understanding a particular topic or subject. The online platforms offer various topics of management as per the current market trends and thus can prove to be useful in the professional career to move up the hierarchy.
- The student will know about a lot of subjects that will not be part of the syllabus.
- No requirement of travel time.
- The course is self paced which allows the students to learn at his own pace
- The fees are less compared to offline classes which helps the students financially.
- Enables the students to broaden their minds in the field of Management and have a better understanding of what is happening around them through trending topics.
PGDM distance education is a planned education that takes place away from the source of the teacher. Some of the reasons to take PGDM Distance Education is mentioned below:
- The lower cost of buying books leads to money saved which can help a person somewhere else.
- Helps the person to work and study at the same time.
- Students have a lot of options for colleges while studying PGDM Distance Education
- It helps a person to keep himself updated with the subject without leaving his job.
Students are taking Distance Education seriously because of a number of reasons.
Here is the list of Top PGDM Colleges in Navi Mumbai for admission year 2022. There are around 10 total number of business schools in Navi Mumbai which are offering PGDM programs. In Navi Mumbai 1 PGDM institutes are from the public sector and over 9 are Private PGDM institutes.
Some of the popular PGDM colleges that top the list of rankings in Navi Mumbai in 2022 include:-
- ITM Business School Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
- DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai
- SPM Institute of Business Studies, Navi Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management Studies & Research, Navi Mumbai
- ITM Group of Institutions, Navi Mumbai
Ranking of PGDM Colleges in Navi Mumbai
The rankings of PGDM Colleges in Navi Mumbai 2022 are based on the lists provided by agencies like Business Today, The Economic Times, NIRF, etc. The rankings are based on multiple parameters, including Faculty, Placements, Learning Outcome, Exam Patterns, etc.
The list of Navi Mumbai B-Schools that essentially make it in the list of top colleges in India offers specialisation courses in different streams which include:-
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Strategy Area
- Financial Management
PGDM Colleges in Navi Mumbai Cut Off
The cut-off scores of Navi Mumbai PGDM Colleges range from 60 percentile to 95+ percentile for various entrance exams such as CAT, SNAP, XAT, IBSAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MAT, MAH CET, etc. The Best PGDM colleges of Navi Mumbai 2022 having high cut-offs over 90+ percentile.
There are PGDM colleges in Navi Mumbai 2022 where students with lower scores in entrance exams can also take admission.
Fee Structure of PGDM Colleges in Navi Mumbai
|Number of Institutes||Total 2 Yrs Fees in Lakhs|
|3||Up to Rs. 1 Lakh|
|2||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 2 Lakh|
|1||Rs. 2 Lakh - Rs. 3 Lakh|
|1||Rs. 4 Lakh - Rs. 7 Lakh|
|2||Above Rs. 7 Lakh|
Top 10 MBA colleges in Navi Mumbai
Top 10 PGDM colleges in Mumbai
Top MBA colleges in Navi Mumbai
Top MBA colleges in Navi Mumbai with fees structure
PGDM colleges in Mumbai with fees
Government MBA colleges in Navi Mumbai
PGDM colleges in Mumbai without entrance exam
People also search for:
1.Is ITM Navi Mumbai Good for PGDM?
Ans. As per the analyzing report of Careers 360 ITM Mumbai has AAA+ rating which means good and Christ University has AAA rating which means above average in terms of placement, faculty & Industry Exposure.
2.Which college is best for placement in Navi Mumbai?
Ans. Top Engineering Colleges in Navi Mumbai (based on placement record)
|College Name||Placement Record|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering||50%|
|Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology||91%|
|Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology||80%|
|Terna Engineering College||73%|
3.Which college is best for PGDM in Finance in Mumbai?
- Here is our list of the top 12 best PGDM colleges in Mumbai.
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- VES Business School (VBS)
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WE School)
4. Is MBA same as PGDM?
Ans. The first and basic difference between the two programs is that the MBA is a Degree program whereas a PGDM is a diploma program. An MBA program is offered by a government or private university or a college affiliated with a university.
5. Is ITM Navi Mumbai UGC approved?
Ans. Scores of students enrolled for MBA programes at ITM (Institute of Technology and Management) Executive Education Centers (EEC) in the city, are likely unaware that these centres do not have recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC).
6. What is the duration of the PGDM course?
Ans. PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management – a two-year business management program that caters to industry requirements, and helps management aspirants develop relevant hard skills and soft skills to transform into an industry-ready management professional.
7. What is a PGDM course in Mumbai?
Ans. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is TGBS’s two years flagship program approved by AICTE & Govt. of Maharashtra. It is designed for graduates from diverse backgrounds to mould them into Mindful Leaders ready to take on the challenges in the VUCA world and manage in a global dimension.
8. Which PGDM course is best?
Ans. Here’s how you can choose from the top PGDM Specializations:
- Marketing. This is one of the most popular PGDM programs, known for its high-paying jobs and creative and innovative skill-set requirements
- Business Analytics
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- International Business
9. Is PGDM eligible for PhD?
Ans. No, you cannot pursue PhD right after doing PGDM. PGDM means Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a diploma course. If you want to do a PhD, After PGDM or PGPM you must do an MBA for a PhD. PGDM is generally not allowed as an eligibility for Phd admission.
10. Can I do both PGDM and MBA?
Ans. No you can’t do MBA and PGDM at the same time from different colleges. MBA and PGDM are the same degree of field , as you know MBA stands for MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION and PGDM stands for POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA .