In India, top MBA colleges require a minimum of 60% in undergraduate degrees for MBA Admission (some MBA colleges grant 5% relaxation for MBA admissions). In full, an MBA is a Master of Business Administration. INR 2-30 LPA are the MBA fees depending on the MBA college. In India, full-time MBA (Master of Business Administration) is the most popular type of MBA (Master of Business Administration). Comparatively to other Master’s levels, the MBA syllabus is the most market-oriented. These include Management, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Strategic Management subjects.
MBA graduates normally earn a salary of approximately 11,43,955. Nevertheless, the type of business school will also affect your salary. IIMs in 2020 are expected to earn an average salary of INR 15,67,373.
10 Most Popular MBA Specializations
There are many top MBA specializations available in India, so here are some:
- MBA Finance
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA International Business
- MBA Banking & Financial Services
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA Rural Management
- MBA Healthcare Management
- MBA Agri-Business Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship & Family Business Management
1.Two-Year Full-Time MBA Specializations
- A second-year specialization with a functional focus (for example, an MBA with a marketing focus at IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, FMS Delhi). This is one of the specialties of Indian MBAs.
- The MBA degree offered by IIM Kozhikode, XLRI, IIM Indore, or IIFT can specialize on a certain function (for example, the MBA in Finance program). This specialized MBA program is offered by a number of IIMs and top business schools.
- Specialized MBA in any Industry Sector (for example: MBA in Banking & Financial Services by IMI, MBA in Insurance by BIMTECH, MBA in Healthcare by GIM Goa, MBA in Oil & Gas by UPES Dehradun)
- Offering MBAs with specialties in particular areas (for instance, MBAs in Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management)
Specialized MBA and post graduate certificate programs available at top B schools such as the MBA in Public Policy at IIM Bangalore or the MBA in Business Analytics at Great Lakes.
Specialized MBAs and Certificates by renowned universities and schools such as AMPBA at ISB, PGDM Data Science at NMIMS Bengaluru, PGDM (BA) by IMT-CDL, or M.Sc Business Analytics by BITS Pilani.
2. Part-time MBA
There are several reasons why people cannot enroll in a full-time MBA course, including household responsibilities, work commitments, and financial constraint. A part-time MBA may be an appropriate alternative. In other words, not everyone can take management courses in a traditional classroom setting. These candidates are good candidates for part-time MBA programs, which will allow them to pursue their dream of becoming an MBA.
With the rising demand for part-time MBA programs, hundreds of institutes now offer PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) courses. In India, the demand for part-time MBA programs is increasing rapidly, and a part-time MBA degree from a top college will help students land well-paying jobs.
Key Features of Part-Time MBA:
The following are some of the benefits of pursuing a Part-Time MBA from top MBA colleges:
- An MBA part-time program follows the same curriculum as an MBA full-time program.
- Since classes are held on weekends and during non-business hours on weekdays, part-time MBA programs are more flexible than full-time MBA programs.
- A part-time MBA course enables you to earn an MBA degree while keeping your current job
- Part-time MBA students have a wide variety of opportunities to network within their organizations and with others they meet through the course, which is the essence of an MBA program.
- High ROI: A large percentage of professionals may not be able to afford a full-time advanced MBA program. Part-time MBAs are therefore cheaper and more economical.
Colleges in India
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore or IIM Bangalore was established in 1973 by the Indian government. Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India, is the address of IIM Bangalore. ESQIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation is granted to the college. This is the tenth consecutive year that IIM Bangalore has ranked 1 Business School in Central Asia and 2nd in the list of top management colleges according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
The programme is intended for mid-level executives with significant work experience. Prerequisites include:
- The result of graduation from any discipline with at least a 50% mark or the equivalent CGPA
- Minimum of five years of work experience (preferably less than twelve years) after graduation (as of March 31, 2018)
- GMAT or GRE scores must be valid
India’s fourth IIM, after IIMs in Calcutta, Ahmedabad and Bangalore, is located at the Indian Institute of Management at Lucknow.
PGPWE eligibility criteria are as follows
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in any field or an equivalent academic pursuit (i.e., 10+2+3), with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade point average;
- Score on any of the following tests
- A valid GMAT score (taken within the last five years);
- Score for CAT / XAT / GATE tests taken in the year 2018 and beyond;
- In the first week of February 2020, at the IIML Noida campus, there will be a PGP-WE Entrance Exam;
- A minimum of three years full-time post-qualification (after graduation) managerial/professional experience as of March 31, 2020 (Experience Certificate or Payslip would be required as proof)
IIM Indore (IIM Indore) is a leading provider of management education, interacting with government, industry, and PSUs since 1996. A national institute of national importance under the Indian Institutes of Management Act of 2017, it is governed and promoted by the Ministry of Education of the Government of India.
- In order to be admitted to IIM Indore, candidates must take the CAT exam
- When shortlisted for the final selection round, CAT cut off scores can reach 93 percentile when the minimum is 90.
- In the WAT and PI rounds, candidates are shortlisted
- We make final admission offers after considering the results of the CAT exam, WAT & PI, Academics, Work-experience, and other factors.
4.IIM Kozhikode(Kozhikode campus)
This university is spread across 112.5 acres of land in the Kunnamangalam area of Calicut, Kerala. There are a number of world-class facilities, including air-conditioned classrooms and guest service areas, at one of the most picturesque campuses in the country.
- In order to be eligible for admission to IIM Kozhikode, applicants must take the CAT, GRE, or GMAT
- The admission process at IIM Kozhikode consists of three stages – pre-shortlisting, shortlisting, and OPI (Online Personal Interview).
- The OPI round is held after candidates have been shortlisted
- A cumulative index score and OPI score are used to determine the final admission offer (refer to the admission policy on the website).
5.IIM Kozhikode(Kochi campus)
Kochi campus is envisioned as a hub for the Institute to provide executive education and enhance academic-industry collaboration.
In addition to Standard Management Development Programmes (MDPs), IIMK Kochi also offers Customized Management Development Programs. On the Kochi campus, faculty members engaged in management education also attend Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs).
IIM Kozhikode’s Executive MBA (EPGP) program requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA, and three years of work experience.
Here are the details of eligibility:
- An undergraduate degree from any recognized institution or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- The minimum aggregate score for SC, ST, and PWD candidates is 40% or equivalent.
- Applicants must have 3 years of managerial, professional, or entrepreneurial experience after graduation as of the date of application.
6.IIM Tiruchirappalli (Chennai Campus)
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) was established on 4th January 2011 as the 11th IIM. This is one reason why IIM Trichy often gains from Trichy’s prosperity in education, spirituality, and art. IIIMT is located in its state-of-the-art campus, spread over 175 acres of land, on the Trichy-Pudukottai highway, about 11 kilometers from Tiruchirappalli International Airport.
- At least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent grade point average should be obtained by the candidate [45% for those belonging to the SC, ST or DA groups].
- Based on the degree practices of the university/institution to which the candidate obtained a degree, calculate the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in a bachelor’s degree.
- The conversion of grades/CGPA into percentage marks will be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they btained the bachelor’s degree.
- For those institutions that do not offer a system for changing CGPA into equivalent marks, equivalent marks are determined by dividing the student’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
7.IIM Kashipur (Dehradun campus)
IIM Kashipur is the first of the second generation of IIMs to be created by the Indian government in 2011. This is achieved through innovative teaching methods, high-quality research, and sustainable leadership.
In the following areas, the institute fosters academic excellence:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA Analytics (Master’s in Business Analytics)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Executive Development Programmes – Online Certificate Programmes
- The Bachelor’s degree must be duly recognized by UGC/AIU with a minimum aggregate score of 50% or 47% in the case of NC-OBCs, 45% in the case of SCs, STs and DAPs
- After graduation, you must have at least 3 years’ experience in management, entrepreneurship, or professional activity
A variety of corporations, public institutions, and other professional fields are sought as members of the Institute. Based on the following criteria, a selection will be made
Scores from the CAT/GMAT (from the past two years) or marks obtained in the IIM Kashipur Executive Management Aptitude Test (EMAT) are required.
An interviewer’s performance during the interview.
An individual’s final merit list is determined by their CAT/GMAT/EMAT score, their academic performance, work experience, and personal interview. Applicants are offered admission based on their final rank on the merit list.
India’s oldest business school, XLRI, was founded by a group of visionary Jesuit Fathers in 1949 to affect change in society and economy. The institute is dedicated to being a management school that stands out.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a university or a deemed university to qualify for the program.
- Also eligible are candidates who have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline from a university or deemed university.
- Candidates must have scores of at least 50% on the above programs (or an equivalent GPA).
- Before April 30, 2019, the candidate must have at least two years of experience in a managerial, supervisory, executive, or ownership role.
- After achieving the above educational qualifications, the work experience must be obtained.
According to NIRF Management Ranking 2020, MDI Gurgaon ranks #10. The MDI is the first MBA program in India and the second in Asia to be accredited by the Association of MBAs . In addition, South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS) has accredited the institute. There are three notable programs at MDI Gurgaon: PGP-HRM, PGP-IB and PGDM. CAT, academic, and PI scores determine admission to these programs.
- An undergraduate degree of at least three years in any subject recognized by the Association of Indian Universities/AICTE,
- At least 50% on tenth and twelveth grades, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent CGPA, and
- As of 30th July 2021, you must have at least five years’ experience in executive positions (excluding stipendiary/training periods).
- Candidates would be selected based on the MDI Test (conducted at MDI Gurgaon campus or online) or GMAT / CAT. In some states, the MDI written test is not required for candidates with a valid CAT or GMAT score.
- As announced by the admissions office, all applicants/candidates are also required to appear for a personal interview at the MDI Gurgaon campus.
Faculty of Management Studies focuses on education in management rather than just business management. It is the commitment to have a business understanding and leadership skills. We emphasize concepts and theory along with fieldwork, case studies, and instrumented feedback in our pedagogy. Orienting minds to the adventure of ideas is intended to encourage intellectual curiosity.
- At least 12 years of formal schooling should be completed with a Bachelor’s Degree program, with at least 45% in the aggregate.
- After passing the Bachelor’s degree examination, candidates should have at least five years of experience as an executive or administrator in a commercial/government establishment/registered organization.
- The experience requirement is determined as of the 1st April of the year of admission. Candidate’s sponsors or current employers must provide a “No Objection Certificate” program.