NEET – DETAILS
NEET ( National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test ) 2022 examination is to be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the admission of eligible candidates to the undergraduate medical courses in medical establishments. The test for National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test [NEET(UG) 2022 in on-line mode. there’s a small modification within the NEET test Pattern that has been mentioned well below.
NEET 2022 is going to be conducted in thirteen different languages, for the admission of eligible students to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and different undergraduates (UG) medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental/AYUSH and different Colleges/ Deemed Universities /Institutes across india. The languages within which the NEET (UG) 2022 has been conducted are: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. NEET-UG is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India.
NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted in offline mode to apply for admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Nursing and other courses. All the government and private medical colleges are going to offer admission under 15% AIQ ( All India Quota ) and 85% State Level Quota Seats. Also, NEET is that the sole valid examination for admission to institutes like JIPMER, AIIMS, PGIMER, etc.
Highlights – NEET 2022
|Examination Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ( NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Purpose of Examination|
Number Of Seats Offered
|Qualifying test for MBBS and BDS programmes in Indian medical and dental colleges.
Admission of around 1.3 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota and 85% State quota
|Category||Undergraduate (UG) Exam|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of Examination|
No. of examination hour
2 pm to 5 pm
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Web Portal||www.ntaneet.nic.in|
About – NEET Exam Eligibility 2022
Who is eligible to appear for NEET 2022
NEET eligibility criteria 2022 are some of the qualifications which the candidates should fulfill before applying for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria of NEET 2022 specify the conditions and guidelines related to the qualifying exam, pass percentage required for the NEET exam, nationality, limit of the age to apply, number of maximum attempts, and more.
Candidates are advised to look through the eligibility criteria before the NEET registrations 2022 starts just so he/she may know whether they are eligible or not. The details of the NEET 2022 eligibility criteria are given below.
- Indian Citizens, Non-residential Indians (NRIs),Person with Indian Origin (PIOs), and foreign nationals can appear for the NEET Exams 2022.
- Candidates who successfully register themselves within the due registration time are eligible for NEET Exams 2022.
- For students who want to take admission and study medical line courses, Clearing the NEET Exams 2022 is mandatory.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET Exams 2022
1.Educational Qualifications – Candidates who have either completed or are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects from a recognized board. Class 12 or equivalent appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for NEET 2022.
2.Age Criteria – Candidates who wants to appear for the NEET Exams 2022 must have attained the age of 17+ by the end of December 2022.
3.Age Limit – There is no upper-age limit for appearing in NEET 2022 for now.
4.Eligibility Marks -The class 12 percentage required for NEET 2022 exam is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in class 12 to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects.
Candidates must ensure at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology combined in the 10+2 qualifying exam. For SC, ST, OBC-NCL category candidates the minimum marks required are 40%.
- UR – 50%,
- PWD – 45%
- OBC/SC/ST – 40%
- Nationality– Indian Citizens, Non-residential Indians (NRIs),Person with Indian Origin (PIOs), and foreign nationals can appear for the NEET Exams 2022.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022 – What is the Age Limit?
For appearing for the medical entrance test, the major concern of every aspirant regarding eligibility is the age limit of NEET. It is mandatory for aspirants to be 17+ years of age either at the time of admission or else on or before 31st December, 2022, to appear for NEET Exams2022.
The decision over the NEET Exams 2022 upper age limit has been challenged in the Supreme Court. Despite pending the court’s judgment, candidates are allowed to appear for the exam and admissions.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Number of Attempts ( Maximum )
On the basis of amendments in the year 2018 for NEET eligibility criteria, authorities have removed the restrictions on the number of attempts for NEET Examinations. Therefore there is no restriction on the number of attempts for NEET 2022. So, candidates will be allowed to appear for NEET exam as many times as they would like to once they are eligible.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022 – What are the Qualifying Marks for NEET 2022?
- Candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually in the qualifying examination which is 10+2 or equivalent.
- Unreserved category candidates must have scored a minimum required percentage of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in their Class 12 or HSC examination.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should have scored a minimum of 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
Important Information For The Candidates
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) Examination 2022 through “Online” mode only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website ntaneet.nic.in. The Application Form in any other means will not be tolerated.
- The Candidate must submit the form only once .Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that E-mail Addresses and Mobile Numbers provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile numbers only.
NEET Application Form 2022
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET form fill up date 2022 along with other information on its official website which is neet.nta.nic.in. The filling of the NEET application form 2022 is a 6-step process, which can be checked below. However, before filling the NEET 2022 application form candidates must check the list of documents and details to keep handy. Candidates will be able to fill the NEET 2022 Application Form from the month of February 2022 (Tentative).
Documents And Details Required to Fill-Out NEET 2022 Form
- Candidate’s passport size photograph with white background ( max size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card size photograph with white background (4” x 6”) ( max size: 50 kb – 300 kb)
- Digital Signature (size: 4 kb to 30 kb)
- Left-hand thumb impression (In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used.) – file size: 10 kb to 50 kb)
- Class X Passing Certificate (file size: 100 kb to 400 kb)
- Identity cards such as Aadhaar card, ration card, bank account passbook, passport, or any other government identity proof.
- Personal details such as candidate’s and parents name, date of birth, permanent and corresponding address.
- Contact details such as active email ID, and mobile number.
NOTE: The details provided should be genuine and correct. In case the candidate makes an error, the correction window will be opened for making changes in Particulars of Application Form on the official website only and for a limited period of time.
No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2022 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/E-mail.
NEET Application Form 2022 Correction Details
The NEET Application Form 2022 Correction facility will be available only after a few days of completion of the registration process. Candidates will be able to correct their NEET Application Form 2022 form from the 2nd week of February 2022 through online mode only.
The correction facility will allow the candidates to rectify their details in application form though facility will be applicable on selected details only. Candidates will be able to rectify their mistakes in application form only once. The changes can not be made more than once as per the rules and regulations of NEET committee.
List of details that falls under the correction facility are as follows.
- Personal details
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Academic details
- Medium of question paper
- Residential Address
- Choice of exam centre etc.
List of details that remains unchangeable in Correction facility:
- Contact Number
- Registered Email ID
Steps to Fill the Application Form
Step 1 – To register yourself for NEET 2022, Visit the official website – ntaneet.nic.in
Step 2: To apply, click on the login bar and enter the required information and credentials.
Step 3: The application form with 12 sections will appear.
Step 4: Enter all the credentials properly & make sure to re-check.
Step 5: Upload the images you scanned.
Step 6: Complete the payment procedure.
Step 7: Download and take a print out of the page.
Documents required for NEET Exams 2022 Application Form
1. Scanned Photograph ( Passport- size or Postcard-size): In the application form, candidates have to upload both passport size (10 Kb to 200 Kb) and postcard size photograph ( 4 by 6 inches; 50 to 300kb). Both are to be uploaded as a Jpeg file.
The passport-size photograph should be taken on or after the date specified by NTA in the NEET 2022 information bulletin. About 80 per cent space in the photograph should be your face, with ears visible. It should be a coloured photograph with a white background.
It is important to note that the polaroid’s and computer-generated photos are not acceptable for NEET 2022 applications. Hence the candidates must only get their pictures clicked professionally. Also, the same photographs are used in the admit card of NEET and are to be pasted on the attendance sheet as well. Thus, candidates must keep 5 to 8 copies of it.
2. Scanned copy of candidate’s signature: Just like the photographs, candidates need to upload a scanned copy of their signature that should be done on a white sheet of paper. It shall be in running handwriting. It should be in the Jpeg format between 4 kb and 30 kb.
3. Left-hand thumb’s impression: Candidates will have to upload their left hand thumb impression. They will dip their left-hand thumb in ink and cast it on white sheet of paper. Scan and crop it. This scanned image needs to be uploaded as a JPG file, the size of the file should be between 10kb and 50kb.
4. Passing certificate of class 10: This is the certificate that candidates get from their education board after clearing class 10 exams. Scan the document and save it as a file of size between 100 kb to 400 kb to upload in the online application form.
Apart from these, while filling out the application form for NEET 2022 candidates will also need class 10 and 12 mark sheets, identification proof, payment details, and so on while applying.
The NTA will release further details on the official website. Candidates shall check the website for all further information. NEET is the only national-level medical entrance exam. It is held for admission of students in MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, etc. courses. All the colleges in India, including AIIMS and JIPMER, grant admission on the basis of NEET.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022?
Ans. The eligibility criteria of NEET 2022 are the conditions and guidelines pertaining to the qualifying exam, pass percentage required for the NEET exam, nationality, age limit, number of attempts, and such.
Q2. How many times can we give NEET?
Ans. There is no restriction on the number of attempts for NEET 2022.
Q3. Who specifies the NEET eligibility criteria 2022?
Ans. National Testing Agency is the competent authority to release the NEET 2022 eligibility criteria for all medical aspiring candidates.
Q4. Does class 12 marks matter for NEET 2022?
Ans. Yes the Class 12 marks matter for the purpose of eligibility determination for NEET 2022.
Q5. What is NEET eligibility for qualifying marks in class 12th for candidates appearing in NEET?
Ans. The eligibility of qualifying marks in class 12th for candidates appearing in NEET is mentioned below:
Unreserved – 50%
SC, ST and OBC – 40%
PWD – 45%
Q6. As per NEET eligibility criteria who all can avail 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. The following residents can avail the 15% All India Quota seats in NEET:
Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs)
Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)