Table of Contents
Master's Degree in Data Science – UpGrad Abroad Germany
Master of Science in Data Science is a 2 year course with the first year being studied online with IIIT Bangalore. The tuition fees for year 1 of the course are INR 3.50 Lakhs (inclusive of taxes). You will be studying on-campus at IU Germany during your second year. IU Germany charges tuition fees of approximately 8,788 Euros per quarter. As proof of living and food expenses, you must deposit 10,332 Euros into a German bank account.
Key Highlights of the program
- Customizable curriculum- IIIT Bangalore offers six specializations and IU Germany offers ten electives
- Student Support- Students can contact support by email or by calling back within 2 working hours, which is available from 09 AM to 09 PM IST.
- End-to-end counseling and Visa support- upGrad’s team will assist you with applying to IU Germany, securing a confirmed offer letter, and supporting your German visa application.
- Complimentary Python Programming Bootcamp
- After graduation, you will be eligible to apply for Post Study Work visas for 18 months
- 25+ Case Studies and Projects
- IIIT Bangalore & IU, Germany Alumni Status
- Studying in Germany does not require IELTS for upGrad students
- Customizable curriculum – 6 Specializations at IIIT B and 10 electives at IU
- Preparing for success in Germany through specialized study abroad modules
- Within six months of graduation, 94% of IU graduates receive confirmed job offers
- Earn while you learn – Only 12 – 15 hours of study time per week are required
- NASSCOM Certificate
- Global access to job opportunities
Skills you will learn– Statistics, Predictive Analytics using Python, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Big Data Analytics, etc.
Data Architect – EUR 54958 Annually
Python Engineer- EUR 55505 Annually
Data Scientist- EUR 55492 Annually
Statistical Analysis- EUR 55493 Annually
Machine Learning Engineering- EUR. 55959 Annually
Data Engineer- EUR. 56431Annually
Data Analyst- EUR. 45609 Annually
The UpGrad Advantage
- Experience unparalleled guidance from industry mentors, teaching assistants, and graders
- Get personalized feedback on submissions and receive one-to-one feedback on improvements
- Available 9 AM – 9 PM IST every day.
- You can call back on the platform if you have an urgent query.
- Experts and peers resolve doubts in a timely manner
- Ensure quality learning by verifying 100% of responses with experts
- Personalized expert feedback for assignments and projects
- To clarify doubts related to concepts, regular live sessions will be held by experts
- Experts will present live sessions on a variety of topics in the industry
- Mentor sessions in which one-to-one feedback is gained from industry experts
1st Year- INR. 3,50,000
2nd Year- EUR. 8,788
Step1: Take the online eligibility test
The first step in the admissions process is to take your 17-minute, 11-question online eligibility test. In order to ensure you are ready for the program, the test will assess your quantitative and logical aptitude.
Step2: Getting shortlisted and receiving an offer letter
The test score and profile will be reviewed by our admissions committee. A letter of offer confirming your admission to the Executive PG Programme in Data Science and the Master's Degree in Data Science from IU, Germany, will be mailed to you upon qualifying.
Step 3: Take the prep course and book your seat
Block your seat with a payment of INR. 25,000 to enroll in the program. Begin with your Prep course and start your Data Science journey.
About IIT Bangalore
|Course Name||Executive PG Programme in Data Science|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% or equivalent passing marks.|
|Tuition Fees||INR. 3,50,000|
|Cost of living||N/A|
|Mode of teaching||Online|
A deemed university and independent institution, IIIT Bangalore is known for its practice-oriented learning and entrepreneurial support. More than 20 startups have been incubated at IIIT Bangalore, and more than 1000 publications have been published. The excellent faculty, curriculum, and pedagogy at IIIT Bangalore ensure that their graduate programs rank among the best in the country. They have received good reviews from the industry and have placed students with some of the top companies in the IT industry.
About IU Germany
|Course Name||Master's degree in Data Science|
|Eligibility||● The applicant should successfully complete the Executive PGP from IIIT B with a minimum of 50% marks.|
● Minimum one-year work experience in relevant fields after graduation
|Tuition Fees||EUR. 8,788|
|Cost of living||EUR. 10,332 per annum|
|Mode of teaching||On-Campus|
In terms of GDP, Germany is the fourth-largest economy in the world, as well as the largest economy in Europe. The country is known for its high-quality education worldwide because of its 109 Nobel laureates. In Germany, there are more jobs than skilled workers, so unemployment is the lowest at 5%. There are over 100,000 vacancies for IT jobs in Germany, according to a news report. The startup Capital of the World, Berlin offers unlimited opportunities for entrepreneurship and start-up jobs. In order to contribute to the German economy’s growth, Germany offers international students 18 months of job search eligibility after completing the program.
IU Germany was established in 1998 and has more than 17 campuses in Germany. It was previously known as IUBH and is a highly regarded institution here. Their innovative, international, English-based Master’s programs aim to redefine the goal of what it takes to be a manager, as they have more than 3500 recruiting partners. Ninety-four percent of their graduates have received job offers within six months of graduation. Their students gain an edge over public university students due to the in-depth, subject-specific knowledge taught by IU’s highly experienced faculty members, as well as the practical experience they are exposed to while studying.
- A master’s degree program in data science is a rigorous and engaging 12-month online and 12-month on-campus program that provides students with practical skills, establishes a professional network, and speeds entry into the field. This program will award a dual certification, an Executive PGP from IIITB, and a Master’s degree from IU, Germany.
- As a data science professional, you will be able to perform real-world data science projects simulated as per the real workplace, making you on par with the leading industry standards. If you complete the program, you may apply for a Post-Study-Work visa in Germany and receive support from IU Career Services in your job search in Germany.
- A new technology platform will be used for the delivery of the program, so that participants will have a superior learning experience. Together, IMTG and IU are seeking to develop the next generation of leaders through this program.
- Several industry leaders will present interactive lectures, as well as faculty from around the globe. In addition, the program includes live lectures and hangout sessions that answer your academic queries and reinforce learning. In addition to classroom teaching, research and thesis are also part of the on-campus curriculum.
- A Master's degree in Data Science will be awarded from IU, Germany, upon successful completion of the program.
- You will have the option to select a specialization twice during the course. A common curriculum consists of 23 weeks, followed by 29 weeks of specialization and a capstone project. You will be asked to select your specialization after completing the 23 weeks of curriculum common to all six tracks. There will be 10 electives available to you during your first semester in Germany.
- Specialization- UpGrad will suggest the course of study best suited for you once you have completed your online common curriculum. Although the final upGrad recommendation would have come from a much more comprehensive rule engine, this mapping should give you an idea about the specialization that would suit you best. – Data Science Generalist: Professionals with 0-5 years of experience planning to upgrade to data science – Deep Learning: Engineers, Software, and IT Professionals – Natural Language Processing: Engineers, Software, and IT Professionals – Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics: Engineers, Marketing and Sales Professionals, Freshers – Business Analytics: Engineers, Managers, Marketing and Sales Professionals, Domain Expert – Data Engineering: Software and IT Professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I complete MS in 1 year in Germany?
Ans. In Germany, MS degrees are typically awarded after one to two years of study (four to six semesters). As most German Universities are state-funded, there are no tuition fees for pursuing a master’s degree. Depending on the program chosen, students have to pay a one-time enrollment fee between 8,313 EUR and 16,626 EUR.
Q. Can I study abroad in Germany?
Ans. Studying abroad in Germany is a popular choice for many students. With a study abroad program in Germany, you can learn or improve your German skills or get experience in international business with an internship or job at a startup.
Q. Are German Degrees Recognized Worldwide?
Ans. University degrees from German universities are highly respected internationally, giving you a great start in international careers! As a result of the knowledge and experience you gain from working for a company or in research, you can always give back to your home country.
Q. Is a UK degree valid in Germany?
Ans. Germany recognizes degree awards from the UK
Universities that are recognized by the UK can still award degrees in Germany. Those degrees are therefore considered to be non-UK degrees.
Q. Is it better to study in Germany or Canada?
Ans. Canada vs Germany for Indian Students
Healthcare in Canada is excellent, permanent residency applications are easier and the public health system is fantastic. Germany offers an excellent education at a low cost, as well as great weather, good healthcare, and affordable living costs.
Q. Is Germany cheaper than the UK?
Ans. Germany has a slightly lower cost of living than the UK, although Berlin is much cheaper than London, which, like Paris, skews the country’s average living costs.
Q. Is Germany better than Canada?
Ans. Canada is slightly outranked by the former on this count according to global studies. Public education, weather, healthcare, lower living costs, and employment opportunities in Germany are superior. The Canadian healthcare system is robust, permanent residency applications are easier, and public facilities are good.
Q. Can I work in Germany after my master's?
Ans. Yes. During the time you are looking for a job in Germany, you can stay in Germany after your studies are completed. While searching for a job in Germany, students from non-EU and non-EEA countries can apply to have their residence permit extended for another 18 months.
Q. Which job is in demand in Germany?
Ans. Germany’s most in-demand jobs are software developers, architects, and programmers, according to deutschland.de. Also in demand are electronics engineers, electricians, and electrical fitters.
Which course is best in Germany?
Top programs to study in Germany
|No.||Top courses||No. Of students|
|4||Maths and Computer Sciences||29,748|
|5||Fine and Applied Arts||24,412|