Ms in data analysis in Ireland
In Ireland, a master’s degree in data science is a one- to one-and-a-half-year full-time program that teaches students how to extract useful information from vast amounts of data. Part-time courses last between two and three years. In most Irish institutions, it is available as a computer science specialty.
The average cost of studying for an MS in Data Science at leading universities in Ireland is between 8,000 USD and 25,000 USD per year.
Students having an engineering background or a bachelor’s degree in science or mathematics from an Irish university are eligible to pursue a Masters in Data Science.
In Ireland, a student with a data science degree may earn up to 88,710 USD per year.
Why Study MS in Data Science in Ireland?
- Big data/analytics and business analytics are among the top five most scarce talents in the globe, according to Harvey Nash/2019 KPMG’s CIO Survey Report.
- Six Irish institutions are ranked in THE Global 2020 rankings, and all of them offer master’s degrees in data science.
- After completing a master’s degree at an Irish university, overseas students can work for two years on a post-study work visa, making it an ideal destination for those looking to start a career abroad.
- During your studies in Ireland, you will have the possibility to work in one of 28 EU countries. This allows the student to gain worldwide industry exposure.
- Ireland is ranked among the top 20 safe countries in the world in terms of living standards, peace, and equality.
- There are now around 20,000 jobs available in Ireland for students seeking a master’s degree in data science.
- With 92 percent of people employed, the future seems bright. Because the MS in Data Science is an industry-driven program, it has the best employability.
Top Universities offering MS in Data analysis in Ireland
|The Ranking 2020 the Ranking 2020||University||Program OfferedOffered||Duration||Program Fees (in USD)s (in USD)|
|164||Trinity College Dublin||MS in Computer Science (Data Science strand)||Full-time: 1 year||25,758|
|201 – 250||University College of Dublin||MS Data Analytics (Online – Part-time)||Online, Part-time: 3 years||21,322|
|251 – 300||National University of Ireland Galway||MS in Computer Science (Data Analytics)||Full-time: 1 year||23,499|
|301 – 350||Maynooth University||MS in Data Science and Analytics||Conversion Course: 1 year||16,132|
|301||University College Cork||MS in Data Science and Analytics||Full-time: 1 year||19,359|
|601||Dublin City University||Master in Computing (Data Analytics)||Full-time: 1 year: Part-time: 2 years||7,528|
|801||Technological University Dublin||MSc in Computing (Data analytics Major)||Full-time: 1.5 years||23,638|
|-||Institute of Technology, Carlow||Master of Science in Data Science||Full-time: 1 year||23,392|
MS in Data analysis in Ireland
A master’s degree in data science covers disciplines such as vision technology, intelligent systems, data science, and graphics. Students will be prepared to work as technologists in data-driven industries such as healthcare, information technology, finance, and transportation.
MS in Data Science in Ireland provides an in-depth understanding of data collection and storage in order to provide actionable insights for a company’s growth. As a result, the course curriculum is divided into two or three semesters, including a dissertation requirement.
In Ireland, you must study the following modules:
- Data Analytics, Scalable Computing, Research Methods, and Innovation are covered in Term 1 (Machine Learning).
- Term 2 (January-March): Data Analysis Optimization Algorithms, Security and Privacy, Data Visualization, and Applied Statistical Modeling
- Dissertation in Term 3 (April-August)
Admission Process of MS in Data Analysis in Ireland
International students applying to Ireland’s institutions for an MS in Data Science have slightly different entrance criteria than local students. To be sure of all the facts of the admissions process, it is usually a good idea to go to the official websites of the colleges providing the program.
The sections below will go through the basics of the application process and prerequisites for overseas students interested in pursuing a master’s degree in data science in Ireland.
How to apply for MS in Data Analysis in Ireland?
The following is a step-by-step guide to effectively submitting an application:
Select a course: Applicants must select the subject and university where they wish to pursue their education.
Use the following link to apply online: After being selected, submit an application to the Postgraduate Application Centre before the deadlines. There may be a 55-dollar application charge.
Obtain Documents: Along with the application, scanned copies of the needed papers must be posted to the PAC website.
Applications are due by the following date: Every year, the application period for overseas students is available until early November.
Academic Requirements for MS in Data Analysis in Ireland
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or mathematics
- Minimum 60% at the undergraduate level.
- Mathematical and statistical problem-solving skills
- Proof of English Proficiency
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
|Type of expenses||Expenses (in USD)|
|Visa Application fees (One-time)||80|
|Application fee||55 (approx)|
Tuition Fees for MS in Data Analysis in Ireland
Scholarships for MS in Data Analysis in Ireland
|Centenary Scholarship Program||Dublin Institute of Technology||International students with first-class in honors||50% of the tuition fee of the program|
|Max Arthur Macauliffe Special Merit Scholarship||National University of Ireland, Galway||Indian students' excellent records in academics||Complete fee waiver|
|Sir Peter Freyer Special Merit Scholarship||National University of Ireland, Galway||Selected Indian students||15,09 USD|
|Maynooth University Scholarships||Maynooth University||International students applying for postgraduate programs||1200-3,440 USD/academic year|
|UCD Scholarships||University College Dublin||International students applying for postgraduate programs||50% of tuition fees|
Scope of MS in Data Analysis in Ireland
|Financial Services||Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of Ireland, PWC|
|Specialist Software Development Houses||Apple, Cisco, Citi tech, Turbine|
|Manufacturing Companies||Enterprise Ireland, IB|
|Telecom Companies||BT, Ericsson, Trend Micro|
In Ireland, the most sought-after education is a master’s degree in data science. Data science graduates have little trouble finding work, thanks to a greater percentage of employability and the presence of big giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook in the nation.
Ireland is also an attractive location for foreign students since it is one of the safest countries in the world and places a high value on equality. A permanent residency permit from the Irish government can be obtained in as little as two years. As a result, an MS in Data Science in Ireland is not just a profitable program, but also a passport to Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which university is best for MS in Data Science in Ireland?
Ans. Some of the top universities in Ireland for MS in Data Science are Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, Maynooth University, University Cork College, etc.
2. Is Ireland good for MS in Data Science?
Ans. According to THE World Ranking of 2020, Ireland has eight MS in Data Science programs that are among the best in the world. Additionally, by paying an average tuition rate of 8,000 USD- 25,000 USD per year, you may make up to 55,444 USD- 88,710 USD per year.
3. How can I become a data scientist in Ireland?
Ans. A degree in data science or analysis is necessary to work as a data scientist in Ireland. For anyone interested in pursuing a career in this profession, mathematical and statistical problem-solving abilities are required.
4. What can I do with a master's in data science in Ireland?
Ans. After earning your MS in Data Science, you can work as a data scientist, data analyst, or business intelligence analyst in Ireland.