MBBS Colleges in Kerala
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the primary medical course granted by medical colleges. MBBS is 5 years and 6 months undergraduate medical course. MBBS Course is a proficient degree required to become a doctor, diagnose diseases, prescribe medicine, and conduct surgery. MBBS has been curtailed from the Latin word Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae.
Kerala is a top state having one of the Best MBBS Colleges. These MBBS colleges deliver the adequate education, erect with high infrastructure facilities configure to meet the standards of quality teaching for the aspirants.
There are over 30 Medical colleges in Kerala assisting the MBBS course at the Undergraduate (UG) level. Out of these 32 colleges, around 7% are government MBBS colleges.
MBBS Colleges in Kerala Highlights
|No. of Medical Colleges in Kerala||32 colleges|
|Fees||- Annual fee Rs 1-2 lakh: 32%|
- Annual fee > Rs 5 lakh: 64.50%
|Top Specializations||General Surgery and Medicine|
|Admission Process||Based on NEET Exam|
Top 3 MBBS Colleges in Kerala:-
Government Medical College, Kollam:-
GMC Kollam was birthed in 2013, situated at Parippally Kollam. GMC Kollam has commenced its hospital in the year 2016. GMC is the primary medical college in the Kollam district. Kollam Medical College is considered one of the prestigious MBBS Colleges in Kerala.
TD Medical College:-
T.D. Medical College, Alappuzha was inaugurated in 1963, as a self-financing institution, under the barter of the T D Temple at Anantha Narayana Puram of Alappuzha. TD Medical College is the fourth Medical College in the state and is using the District Hospital Alappuzha as Medical College Hospital for the clinical practice of its students.
|Year of establishment||1963|
|Institute of national importance||No|
Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi:-
Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi was specified in 2002. It is a constituent school of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, on a land of 2.75 acres. Amrita School of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Amrita school of medicine overtures undergraduate (MBBS), postgraduate (MD, MS, PGD) and super speciality (DM, M.Ch) courses in the field of medicine.
|Name of the Institute||Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance Based|
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
|Name of the entrance||NEET UG|
|Counselling||Yes (National Level|
MBBS Colleges in Kerala Affiliations and Recognition:-
- The Top MBBS Colleges in Kerala are affiliated to the Kerala University Of Health Sciences (KUHS) And Approved By Medical Council Of India (MCI) For MBBS Program.
- The Top MBBS Colleges In Kerala involves government, and private institutions.
MBBS Colleges in Kerala Eligibility Criteria:-
To get admission into top MBBS Colleges in Kerala, the aspirant must follow and check the basic eligibility criteria given to them. Admission to MBBS Colleges in Kerala is done only based on the NEET exam. The basic eligibility criteria are given below:-
- Aspirants should be of a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Aspirants must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2 with at least 50% marks.
- The aspirant must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
MBBS Colleges in Kerala Admission Process:-
The admissions to MBBS colleges in Kerala are based on the entrance exam. After giving the exam, the aspirant should follow the basic steps for the admission, given as:-
- The aspirant has to register at the MCC website for admission to AIQ seats in the MBBS course – mcc.nic.in.
- After registration, authorities will release the merit list for admission to MBBS colleges in Kerala.
- Based on the merit list aspirants have to participate in counseling.
- During counseling, aspirants have to submit their preferences for a list of MBBS colleges in Kerala.
Based on aspirant preferences, and various other factors, admission to the best MBBS colleges in Kerala has consented.
MBBS Colleges in Kerala with Average Fees:-
- There are no specializations offered in MBBS courses in Kerala.
- MBBS is an undergraduate program hence it does not include any specialization degrees available and it also does not have any further extra courses.
- In Kerala, almost 75% of the registered students appeared for the NEET entrance exam.
- There are more than 3500 seats available in MBBS Colleges in Kerala, including both government and private colleges.
The list of the top medical colleges of Kerala delivering MBBS Courses is given below with their average fee structure.
|Name of the college||Fees|
|Amrita School of Medicine , Kochi||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Government Medical College , Thiruvanthampuram||Rs. 1.44 Lakhs|
|Government Medical College , Kottayam||Rs. 1.44 Lakhs|
|Government Medical College , Kollam||Rs. 1.44 Lakhs|
|Government Medical College , Kozhikode||Rs. 1.54 Lakhs|
|Amala Institute Of Medical Sciences , Amala Nagar||Rs. 32.10 Lakhs|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College , Thrissur||Rs. 25.20 Lakhs|
|Sree Gokulam Medical College , Venjaramoodu||Rs. 25.20 Lakhs|
|DR Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College , Karakonam||Rs. 25.20 Lakhs|
|Azeezia Medical College , Meeyanoor||Rs. 25.20 Lakhs|
Government MBBS Colleges in Kerala:-
There are nearly 30 MBBS colleges in Kerala, out of these, a few of them are public/government colleges. Here is the list of top MBBS colleges in Kerala
|Public/ Government Medical Colleges in Kerala||Course Fee (In Rs)|
|Government Medical College, Kollam||1.13 L|
|T.D. Medical College||1.14 L|
Career Opportunities after MBBS in Kerala:-
- MBBS is considered as one of the most reputed courses in India and trains a person for serving as a doctor.
- After MBBS, one can also go for pursuing Master of surgery in various specializations such as anesthesiology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, etc.
|Job position||Expected salary|
|Physician||Rs. 6 Lakhs Per annum|
|Medical officer||Rs. 7 Lakhs per annum|
|Dietician||Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Pediatrician||Rs. 5.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Medical surgeon||Rs. 10 Lakhs per annum.|
MBBS Colleges in Kerala Top Recruiters:-
- During MBBS it is mandatory to do a 1-year internship after which an aspirant gets the MBBS degree.
- Internships are chiefly addressed by the college itself.
- For MBBS graduates the top recruiters are mainly the hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, medical research departments, etc.
Here is the list is given below showing the top recruiters for MBBS graduates:-
- Lilavati Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- Cipla Ltd.
- Sri Ganga Ram hospital
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Medanta Hospital
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Wockhardt Ltd
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
List of Top 20 Medical Colleges in Kerala 2022:-
- Calicut Medical College, Calicut
- Government Medical College, Kottayam
- Cochin Medical College, Kalamassery
- Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thrissur
- Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi
- TD Medical College, Kerala
- Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala
- Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Pariyaram Medical College, Kannur
- Travancore Medical College Hospital, Kollam
- MES Medical College, Malappuram
- Sree Gokulam Medical College & Research Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram
- Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Thiruvalla
- Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute, Thrissur
- Karuna Medical College, Palakkad
- KMCT Medical College, Kozhikode
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Ernakulam
- Malabar Medical College, Calicut
- Mount Zion Medical College, Pathanamthitta
- Azeezia Group of Colleges, Kollam
Top MBBS Colleges in Kerala with Fee Structure 2022
|College name||Total Course fee|
|Amrita School of Medicine||MBBS - Rs. 1.00 crore|
|Government medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||MBBS - Rs. 1.44 lakhs|
|Government Medical College, Kottayam||MBBS - Rs. 1.44 lakhs|
|GMC Kollam - Government Medical College||MBBS - Rs. 1.44 lakhs|
|Government Medical College, Kozhikode||MBBS - Rs. 1.54 lakhs|
List of Top 10 Private MBBS Colleges in Kerala 2022
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- Government Medical College, Kottayam
- Government Medical College, Kannur
- Government Medical College, Thrissur
- Government Medical College, Ernakulam
- GMC Kollam – Government Medical College
- Government Medical College, Palakkad
- Calicut Medical College, Calicut
- Government Medical College, Manjeri
NEET 2021 Cut off in Kerala
The NEET 2021 cut off on all India basis will be released along with the NEET Results on the official website of NTA. NEET score card dates will be issued after some time. Meanwhile the aspirants can check on the previous year cut off percentages and scores of NEET in the table mentioned below.
|Name of the Category||Cutoff Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR - EWS||50th Percentile||720 - 138||770857|
|UR - OBC||40th Percentile||137 - 108||66978|
|UR - SC||40th Percentile||137 - 108||22384|
|UR - ST||40th Percentile||137 - 108||9312|
|UR/ EWS & PWD||45th Percentile||137 - 122||313|
|OBC & PWD||40th Percentile||121 - 108||157|
|SC & PWD||40th Percentile||121 - 108||59|
|ST & PWD||40th Percentile||121 - 108||14|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Mention the best medical college in Kerala.
Answer. According to NIRF, the best medical college in Kerala is Amrita Medical Science School.
2. How many seats are available for MBBS in Kerala?
Answer. More than 3500 seats are available in Kerala for MBBS students. Candidates who qualify for the NEET are eligible for these seats.
3. What are the fees of the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research for MBBS?
Answer. The course fee charged by the institute for MBBS is around Rs. 10.34 Lakhs. Boarding, lodging, and dining charges are payable extra.
4. Can a Tamil Nadu student get an MBBS in Kerala?
Answer. Yes. Any Indian student can get MBBS in Kerala under the all-India quota in Govt. and Deemed Universities.
5. Is studying MBBS in private medical colleges in Kerala advisable?
Answer. Even though economically, studying in Pvt medical colleges of Kerala is a costly affair, academically you can be on par with good govt colleges provided you study in Pvt colleges like jubilee Amala, etc. If you get colleges like Kannur anjarakandy med clg it’s better to opt for Karnataka colleges. They’re much cheaper too compared to Kerala Pvt ones.
6. What are the fees for studying an MBBS in a private self-financing college for a government seat in Kerala?
Answer. In 2020 it’s 6.55 LPA for most colleges. It can range anywhere from 6.22 to 7.2 depending on the college.
But this is a temporary fee structure that has been allotted by the High court. I will update this later when the Supreme court fixes the fees. For NRI it’s 20 LPA.
7. What is the procedure to apply for MBBS in Kerala for non-Keralite students in private medical colleges in Kerala?
Answer. Only Kerala domicile is allowed in state counseling. By AIQ you can get admission in Kerala colleges(govt and deemed universities).
8. Is there a bond after 5.5 years of MBBS in Kerala?
Answer. Yes. Bond is available in government merit seats. Govt will collect bond documents at the time of admission. But the execution of bonds is rare. This year’s bond is executed due to the covid-19 pandemic. This happened after long years.
9. What are the private MBBS college hostel fees in Kerala?
Answer. It depends from college to college. For top-level private colleges, it is 70000 rs. Per year as hostel fees. Not sure if mess charges apply as well. For some other colleges, it can be as much as 1–1.5 lakh per year.
10. How can I apply for an MBBS college in Kerala? I am from Maharashtra. Is it possible to apply for it?
Answer. A student having a domicile in Maharashtra can apply for MBBS seats in Medical Colleges in Kerala through the 15% All India Quota Counselling. But eventually, it all depends on your NEET score without that I cant give you a clear idea about admission to any Medical college. For more details contact me.