LPU Distance Education (LPUDE), Jalandhar is recognized among the Top 10 Most Promising Distance Learning institutes in India for 2019 and 2020 and awarded as Top 10 Most Promising Distance Learning Institutes in the World by Higher Education Review 2020. It is affiliated to Lovely Professional University (LPU). LPUDE offers various UG and PG courses across Management, Commerce, Computer Applications, Arts and Library and Information sciences. Admissions to LPUDE Jalandhar are based on the performance of the candidate in the last qualifying examination. LPU DE offers its study materials online to all users.
The institute is awarded “Best Open & Distance Learning Initiative of the Year 2012 by e-India. The placement cell has conducted over 190 campus drives with 100+ companies and 1370+ students placed. Some of the potential employers are Reliance, Sony, LIC, Airtel, Videocon, ICICI Bank, Club Mahindra, etc. LPUDE offers degree courses in the discipline of Computer Application, IT, Management, Commerce, Arts and Library & Information Sciences.
LPU Distance Education Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2006 | Private|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Popular Courses||BBA, MBA, B.Com, B.A, M.A|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, RBS, Amazon.in, Reliance, Sony, LIC, Airtel, Tata Sky|
|Key Points||67,800+ Active Users
3540+ No. of Resources
|Facilities Available||Student induction, Online material, Campus visit, etc|
LPU Distance Education Courses
LPUDE offers UG and PG courses in the following specializations:
|BCA||-||10+2 examination in any stream or equivalent examination|
|B.A.||Economics, Computer Applications, Management, History, Political Science, Sociology, English, Hindi, Punjabi|
|B.LIS||-||Graduation in any discipline or equivalent examination|
|Diploma||Library & Information Sciences, Computer Applications||10+2 in any stream or equivalent examination|
|MCA||-||BCA/ B.Sc. in Computer Science/ B.Sc. in Information Technology / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent or any Graduation with Computer Science as a subject with Mathematics as one of the subjects at Graduation or 10+2 level or equivalent or B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subject at Graduation or 10+2 level or equivalent|
|M.Sc||Information Technology||Graduation in any discipline|
|MBA||Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Technology, Operations Management, Retail Management, International Business|
|M.A.||Economics, English, Hindi, Punjabi, History, Mathematics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology|
|M.Com||-||B.Com / BBA/ BBM/ B.Sc. (Economics)/ Graduation with Math or Economics as one of the subjects/ courses|
|M.LIS||-||Graduation in Library & Information Sciences or equivalent examination|
LPU Distance Education Admission
Admission to courses are on the basis of merit. The admission process of LPUDE is mentioned below.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website and download the application from “Prospectus and Application Form” under the “Admissions” tab.
- Get the prospectus and application from the ‘Division of Admission’ at the University.
- Fill the form and attach self-attested copies of the required documents.
- Pay the application fee through DD to be issued in favour of ‘Lovely Faculty of Distance Education’ payable at Jalandhar.
- Submit in person or at university specified locations or registered post/courier addressed to
Project Head (Admissions)
Lovely Faculty of Distance Education
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar, Delhi, G.T Road, Phagwara, Punjab-144411
LPU Distance Education E-Connect
LPU e-Connect, an exceptional and user-friendly online platform of Lovely Professional University, offers ANY TIME ANYWHERE a strong and secure online connection that links its students with the university. Based on enterprising web portal technology, it truly automates various administrative and academic processes of Distance Education and minimizes the shortcomings of physical distances by providing 24X7 accessibility through its various useful features. Students enrolled under LPU Distance Education are allotted a personalized User ID and Password through which they may access various interactive and dynamic features of LPU e-Connect. LPU e-Connect is also accessible through various Mobile Applications. The key features of LPU e-Connect is as follows:
- Personalized account of the student containing his/ her personal and registration details
- Provides information through Announcements, Personalized Messages, Running Reminders and Flashing Messages
- Pool of different academic resources like Self Learning Material of various courses, Program Guides, Assignments, Previous Year Question Papers etc.
- Provides Date Sheet, Admit Card, Student Grade Card, Result, Previous Year Question Papers, Question Paper Pattern, and Registration forms for re-appear, re-evaluation etc.
- Facilitates the students to Register Online for Personal Contact Programe, providing PCP Guidelines, Schedule etc.
- Students can post their queries, suggestions, feedback, etc.
LPU Distance Education Placement
The placement cell of LPUDE provides placement assistance to the students by conducting placement drives and informing them about the various job opportunities. LPUDE has conducted over 190 placement drives for the students. More than 100 companies conducted placement drives for LPUDE with more than 1370 students placed. Top companies like Amazon, Wipro, Reliance Retail, ICICI Bank, Sony, Policybazaar, Airtel, LIC, TATA Sky, MAX Life Insurance, etc for on-campus recruitment. Shown below is a table of some of the well-known corporates that have visited and the number of students placed:
|Company||No of Students Placed|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||33|
Distance MBA in International Business
The course term ordinarily fluctuates from 1 to 2 years relying upon the establishments offering the program. The normal charges of the distance learning program are around INR 10,000 to 40,000 for each semester which is similarly lesser than the full-time MBA in the International Business program.
Distance MBA International Business Admissions 2022
- Distance MBA IB Admission 2022 is done based on placement tests like OPENMAT, XAT, MAH CET, CAT and others.
- The qualification standards for Distance MBA IB is that understudies probably finished their graduation from a perceived college. A portion of the establishments additionally requests 3-year work insight as qualification standards for Distance MBA Admissions.
- Every one of the functioning experts who wish to seek after MBA in International Business can pick the distance mode. They are not needed to head off to college consistently and go to classes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is LPU good for distance MBA?
Ans. LPU has provided a great platform for Distance Education students to study. The interaction with university faculty and officials is outstanding. LPU provides students opportunities to participate in placement, extra-curricular and various other development activities.
2. Is LPU Distance Education valid?
Ans. Yes, LPU has been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and its distance education is approved by the Distance education Bureau (DEB).
3. Can I do MBA from LPU?
Ans. Lovely Professional University offers MBA, MBA (Hons) and a number of specialized MBA programes in various specializations via its Mittal School of Business. The MBA programe offered by LPU is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
4. Is LPU better than IGNOU?
Ans. After a strict survey made on various parameters, the ranking-list is displaying India’s top 45 distance education universities. LPU is adjudged only a single rank after central government operated ‘Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)’.
5. Is LPU Recognized by Wes?
Ans. No, it is not recognized with WES (World Education Services). Please do not go for ECA with WES. It was strange that LPU is growing aggressively and has been successful in attracting thousands of international students, but still, it is not recognized WES.
6. Is LPU better than amity?
Ans. Amity and LPU are two recognized universities in providing higher education but Amity is considered better in terms of providing better placement support whereas LPU is better in providing affordable distance learning courses.
7. Does LPU have MBA in HR?
Ans. Specialization offered in MBA: Agribusiness Management, Human Resource, Marketing, International Business, Financial Markets, Digital Market, Hospital and Healthcare, Business Analytics, Banking and Financial Services, Operations, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
8. How is MBA placement at LPU?
Ans. Placements: Approximate 90% of the students got placed in good companies. The highest package was approximately 11 LPA, and the lowest package was approximately 4 LPA. KPMG, Amazon, Acuity Knowledge Partners, Flipkart, Federal Bank, HDFC, etc., companies visit here.