How to Fill Application Form, Last Date, Fees
CAT Exam: Synopsis
The Common Admission Test or CAT Exam is a common aptitude test that is a gateway to 20 IIMs and over 1200 B schools in India. The CAT question document comprises MCQ and non-MCQ of Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The level of difficulty of the exam is medium to high. More than two lakhs of candidates appear on the CAT exam each year. In the year 2020, around 2.30 lakh of applications were received and the total number of applicants giving the test was around 1.90 lakh.
Last year, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the structure of the CAT exam was revised. The CAT exam duration was reduced from three to two hours and the total number of questions was reduced from 100 to 76. In addition, the exam was conducted in three spaces instead of two. IIM Ahmedabad has also maintained the same CAT 2021 exam pattern. There are no changes to the test structure as shared in the CAT 2021 exam notification.
Key changes in the CAT 2021 exam
CAT 2021 Application Fee Increase – The application fee for the exam has been increased by 10 per cent from last year. The CAT fee for students in the General category and all students without reservation has been increased from Rs 2,000 to Rs 2,200, while for students in the Reserved category it has been increased from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,100.
Increased number of CAT test cities: This year, the CAT exam will be held in 158 cities in India. Last year, the total number of cities where the exam was taken was 156. The exam is expected to be taken at 425 test centres in these 158 cities.
Increased city choice for CAT test: The total number of cities that can be selected on the application form for CAT test centre assignment has been increased to six. This will give students more test city selection options based on their convenience in the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
CAT 2021 Registration: The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) started CAT 2021 registry on August 4 at 10 am. M. The CAT 2021 application form is available online on the iimcat.ac website. of IIM CAT 2021. To complete the CAT registration process, candidates need to pay the CAT application fee of Rs 2200 for the General / Unreserved category and Rs 1100 for SC / ST / OBC and other reserved categories. CAT 2021 registration will close on September 15 at 5 CAT 2021 registration
The Common Admission Test (CAT) will be held on November 28 of this year. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 50% qualifications or CGPA equivalent are eligible to complete the CAT 2021 application form. Additionally, seniors can apply and sit for the CAT entrance exam. Based on trends from last year, there were approximately 2,27,835 candidates who completed the CAT exam registration form.
CAT 2021 application form
Students interested in applying for CAT this year should regularly keep a track of necessary dates and events related to registration. For the convenience of applicants, as I have listed all important CAT application dates and events below so that no deadline is missed.
CAT Exam Registration 2021: Important Dates
|CAT exam registration date starts from||August 4, 2021, at 10 AM
|CAT 2021 registration last date||September 15, 2021, at 5 PM|
|Correction of CAT application form||Fourth Week of September 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||October 27, 2021, at 5 PM|
|CAT 2021 Exam Date||November 28, 2021 (Sunday)|
CAT Application Form 2021: CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 before applying for the exam
IIM Ahmedabad has published the CAT 2021 eligibility criteria that all CAT exam applicants must meet to avoid the cancellation of the candidacy at a later stage. Students are suggested to start CAT 2021 registration only after ensuring that they are eligible to fill. The table below lists the CAT 2021 eligibility criteria.
|CAT exam eligibility criteria|
|Academic Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized University/ Institute
Final year students in graduation are also eligible to apply.
|Required Marks in Graduate||50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
|Age Limit for CAT 2021||No Age Restriction to apply for CAT 2021|
|Work Experience||Not Mandatory|
|Reservation||Based on category|
CAT 2021 Highlights
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted at the national level entrance test administrated by IIM Ahmedabad for the students attempting for admission in 20 IIMs, and top-level MBA colleges like IMI, FMS, IITs, SPJIMR, IITs, MDI, JBIMS, as well as larger than 500 B-schools in the country.
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test|
|CAT 2021 conducting body||Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad|
|Mode of the CAT Registration 2021||Online|
|CAT Registration Fees||For General Category - Rs 2200
For Reserved Category - Rs 1100
|Duration of the exam||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Medium of CAT Exam 2021||The exam is conducted in CBT mode|
|CAT 2021 Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
CAT Exam Pattern & Test Structure
CAT question paper is divided into three sections: VARC, DILR and QA. The candidates are required to solve both MCQ and Non-MCQ type questions. The question paper usually has a medium level of difficulty, with quality assurance in relation to difficult questions presenting greater challenges. Check out the highlights of the CAT exam template below.
|CAT question paper pattern and structure|
|Sections||VARC, DILR and QA|
|Duration of exam||40 minutes per section (Total 120 minutes)|
|Total number of questions||76|
|Section-wise number of questions||VARC - 26
DILR - 24
QA - 26
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of answer choices||Four|
|Type of questions||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for every correct response
Negative marking of 1/3 (-1) for every wrong MCQ response
No negative marking for wrong non-MCQ response
What to Expect from CAT 2021 Question Paper?
As no change in the number of places for this year’s CAT exam has been announced, the questionnaire will follow the same pattern as last year and will follow the exam structure as well. Read below for the key things you can expect from the CAT 2021 questionnaire:
- The CAT 2021 questionnaire will have three sections: VARC, DILR and Quantitative Aptitude
- The sequence of the CAT 2021 questionnaire will be: Section 1- VARC, Section 2 – DILR, Section 3- Quantitative suitability
- VARC will have 24 questions, DILR will have 26 questions, and Quantitative Aptitude will have 26 questions
- VARC and DILR will have MCQ and no MCQ, while quantitative ability will have only MCQ
- Every section will have a time limit of 40 minutes. PhD students will get 60 minutes for each section.
- The CAT 2021 questionnaire for the three spaces will be different and there could be a marginal difference in the level of difficulty.
Top Colleges in India offering MBA
|UPES Dehradun||LPU Jalandhar|
|SRM University Chennai||GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Chandigarh University||BML Munjal University, Gurgaon|
|Manipal University (MAHE)||Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida|
|IPE Hyderabad||IFIM Business School|
CAT Registration 2021:
Documents needed for filling the form
Applicants should have the following details ready before starting the CAT 2021 registration. It is advisable to keep the documents and attachments scanned in advance in the prescribed format to avoid the expiration of the CAT 2021 login.
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience Certificate (if any)
- Payment Details
CAT Exam Form 2021: Size/Format of Documents
|Image/ Document||Dimensions||Format/ Size|
|Colour Passport Photograph||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG in 150 px/inch (min)
Maximum 80 KB
|Signature (Black/ Blue)||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
|PwD Certificate to be uploaded during CAT 2021 registration||Download the Certificate of Disability (PwD) forms to fill up the CAT exam registration 2021 and click on the given links|
Disability Certificate (PwD) Form - V: Click here
Disability Certificate (PwD) Form - VI: Click here
Disability Certificate (PwD) Form - VII: Click here
|SC/ ST/ EWS/ NC-OBC Certificate to be uploaded during CAT registration 2021||Click on the links provided to download the official certification forms for IIM CAT exam registration 2021|
Final Year Certificate
Browse for Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score: Location-Wise:
|MBA College in Delhi Accepting CAT Score||MBA College in Delhi NCR Accepting CAT Score|
|MBA College in Bangalore Accepting CAT Score||MBA College in Mumbai Accepting CAT Score|
|MBA College in Pune Accepting CAT Score||MBA College in Hyderabad Accepting CAT Score|
|MBA College in Chennai Accepting CAT Score||MBA College in Ahmedabad Accepting CAT Score|
|MBA College in Kolkata Accepting CAT Score||MBA College in India Accepting CAT Score|
How to fill CAT 2021 Application Form?
Although IIM Ahmedabad is expected to open a CAT correction window, we suggest candidates verify the information they are filling in the CAT form to avoid mistakes. Invalid or incorrect data on the CAT 2021 application form may lead to its rejection.
Guidelines to follow for CAT 2021 registration
- Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome both prefer the latest version are recommended browsers for the CAT Online 2021 registration.
- Keep all required images and documents ready so there are no delays or errors during upload when registering for the CAT 2021 exam.
- Keep all information and educational documents on hand to avoid deception or entering incorrect information during CAT exam registration.
- Make sure the signature, photo, and other documents required for CAT 2021 registration are ready to upload in a prescribed format and size.
- Before the final presentation, have someone check the details entered to avoid submitting errors on the CAT exam form.
- Choose which selection centres and decide the order of preference. Select convenient and easily accessible centres with current traffic problems in mind. You must enter six cities on the CAT 2021 exam application form.
- Read and discover the participating institutes. This will help to complete the courses and institutes on the CAT 2021 application form.
- Register and execute the application in a prescribed format before the CAT 2021 registration deadline.
Mistakes to avoid during CAT 2021 registration
Candidates should remember the following points during CAT 2021 exam registration:
- It is mandatory to complete all the fields marked during the CAT registration.
- Make sure there are no spelling errors, as some fields cannot be edited after registration.
- Click on the button “Save and Continue” after completion of each section of the CAT form.
- Use mouse to click instead of using the “Tab” key.
- Since the CAT form can be completed in several sessions, it is essential to save the information already entered after each session.
- Any changes or corrections to the CAT online registration can be made up to the point where CAT form fees are paid. Editing cannot be done after that.
- There will be no changes to the section after CAT is registered; So be very careful when registering for CAT 2021 and avoid mistakes.
- Kindly use the suggested browsers to confirm successful CAT registration in 2021.
- Before the final submission of the CAT 2021 exam application form, please double-check all the details. Make sure the CAT 2021 exam registration details match the educational documents.
How to register for CAT 2021?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to filling the CAT 2021 application form. The applicants can follow these measures while CAT exam registration 2021 to perform and finish the process hassle-free.
A step-by-step guide to fill CAT application form 2021
Interested candidates can apply for the Common Admission Test 2021 for the CAT exam in online mode. Here, I am providing the procedure for completing the CAT 2021 application form online.
Step 1: First, Go to the official CAT 2021 website i.e. iimcat.ac.in
Step 2: Next, click the “New Candidate Registration” button on the right side of the official webpage.
Step 3: It will take the applicant to the CAT registration page. From there, applicants need to enter the essential details below such as:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number and
Step 4: After entering all the required details, click the “Generate OTP” button. The OTP will be sent to the applicant’s registered mail ID. By using the OTP, candidates can complete the CAT 2021 registration process.
Step 5: Then log in to the applicant dashboard and fill in the CAT 2021 Exam Request Form with the necessary details like:
- Personal Details
- Other Personal Details
- Communication Address
- Emergency Contact Details
- Upload Documents in a prescribed format and size.
Step 6: Fill in the academic/ qualification details of Class 10/SSC, Class 12/ HSC, Bachelor’s Degree Details, Master’s Degree Details and Other Professional Degree Details.
Step 7: Once the above process is done, applicants are required to enter work experience details, if applicable.
Step 8: Enter other personal details, communication details, emergency contact details and upload all required documents in a prescribed format.
Step 9: Then select the details of the work experience (if applicable), IIM Programs and Interview Cities Step 10: The final process of the CAT 2021 registration process is to make the online payment for an application fee.
- For General Category Candidates: Rs 2200/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD: Rs 1100/-
CAT 2021 Registration – Transaction Fees
|Mode of payment||Transaction Charges for CAT 2021 registration|
|Credit Card (Master/ Visa)||1.20% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.|
|Debit Card (Master/ Visa)||0.75% of the transaction amount for value up to Rs 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs 5.
0.90% of the transaction amount for value above Rs 2000.
|Net Banking||Rs 20 per transaction|
|Other payment methods||PayU, BillDesk, and Paytm|
Preview CAT Registration 2021 form
Candidates must preview the completed CAT 2021 form before paying CAT registration fees. No changes to the CAT application form will be allowed once the fee has been paid. So, don’t forget to check the completed CAT 2021 application form before making the payment.
Confirmation email after successful CAT registration 2021
Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the CAT application fee is paid. This should be kept secure as it is proof of payment for the CAT 2021 exam registration. Additionally, a confirmation message will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile.
CAT 2021 Result and Scorecard
The CAT result for 2021 will be announced in the first week of January. The result can already be announced on January 1st or 2nd, 2022. The CAT exam scorecard of the result is provided as a downloadable PDF form that can be accessed on the CAT 2021 website using a login ID and password. the CAT 2021 Results Cum Scorecard contains each candidate’s raw scores (section and total) and percentiles (section and total). Here is the manner method to download the CAT 2021 result.
- Log on to the CAT website
- Click on CAT 2021 result/scorecard tab
- Enter CAT application number and password
- Go to the scorecard section
- Click on download
Shortly after CAT 2021 result declaration, the IIMs will start IIM shortlisting process for MBA.
IIM Admission Process
CAT selection procedure for all the IIMs includes the following:
- Screening of aspirants on the basis of their CAT score
- Written Ability Test/Group Discussion/Personal Interview (WAT/GD/PI)
- Computation of Composite Score followed by final selection
CAT Exam 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates for CAT 2021 should start their exam preparation in May. A minimum of six months of preparation is required to obtain a 99+ percentile score on the exam. There are three elements to CAT preparation: conceptual clarity, practice, and review. Those taking the CAT exam for the first time should start much earlier (in March), first familiarize themselves with the syllabus and exam pattern, and then make a study plan. Here are some key tips on how to get started CAT prep:
- Make a list of topics according to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Join online study groups on platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Telegram, etc.
- Collect relevant study material and recommended books for CAT preparation.
- Make a daily plan and assign a topic to each of VARC, DILR and QA
- Practice two-three questions on the topic studied on the same day to assess how much you have learned
- Gradually increase your speed to cover the number of topics each day.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I register for CAT 2021?
Ans. The CAT 2021 application form is available online on the iimcat.ac website. of IIM CAT 2021. For completion of the CAT registration process, candidates need to pay the CAT application fee of Rs 2200 for the General / Unreserved category and Rs 1100 for SC / ST / OBC and other reserved categories
2. When should I start preparing for CAT 2021?
Ans. CAT 2021 Preparation: Month-Wise Time-Table
|March-August||Complete core CAT syllabus|
|August-end to mid-September||Experiment with exam strategy, take timed sectional tests, practice question selection & prioritisation, focus on accuracy building|
|Mid-September to mid-October||Start solving full-length mock tests|
3. Is CMAT 2021 registration open?
Ans. The registration and application process for CMAT is online and will remain open for more than a month from the start date of the CMAT registration on the NTA website.
4. Can I apply for the CAT exam now?
Ans. The application process for CAT 2021 starts on August 4 at 10:00 a.m. and ends on September 15 at 5:00 p.m. Candidates must register, complete the application form, and pay the fee before September 15 to qualify for the CAT exam
5. Who will set CAT 2021?
Ans, IIM Ahmedabad The CAT 2021 exam will be conducted by IIM Ahmedabad after a gap of five years.
|CAT Year Conducting IIM||CAT Conducting IIM|