Based on previous year trends, it has been observed that to attain a BDS seat in a government dental college, a candidate is required to score a minimum of 450 marks in NEET (subject to vary). A minimum of 50th percentile under general category for those who seek admissions in private dental colleges is a requirement.
BDS is considered one of the most popular career choices among medical aspirants. The one gateway for BDS Admissions in India is through the NEET exam. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify for the same.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS Courses 2022:-
Candidates have to fulfil certain requirements to get admission to BDS courses offered by institutes/colleges. Some of the eligibility criteria are as follows:
Syllabus for Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS):-
BDS Bachelor of Dental Surgery is divided into 5 years.
Break up: 4 years of academics + 1 year of internship
Total 4 subjects. But 3 papers of 70 marks each.
Final year (4th year)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is NEET mandatory for admission to BDS?
2. What is the fee for the BDS course?
3. Can a BDS student do MS after completing the course?
4. Is Indian BDS degree recognised worldwide?
5. Can a BDS doctor perform surgery?
6. Is BDS equivalent to MBBS?
7. What would be the average course fee for BDS?
8. What is the average salary of BDS graduates?
9. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to a BDS course?
10. What is best out of BDS or BAMS?
11. What are the job options for BDS professionals?
You cannot get admission to the BDS course if you do not qualify NEET. There is no other entrance test for admission to BDS courses in India.