Best Government MBA Colleges In India
The number of students who are willing to complete an MBA degree from a top MBA college and institution is increasing every year regularly. Due to this kind of demand for seats in MBA courses, many of the colleges and institutions have emerged offering MBA courses to the interested candidates.
Only some colleges give credible management degrees and most of the top seats get filled by eligible and suitable students.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Top Government MBA Colleges
- For pursuing an MBA degree course, applicants must have a minimum three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification with a minimum 50 percent aggregate marks
- Applicants belonging to reserved categories can apply for MBA with a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45 per cent aggregate marks
- Candidates who have completed professional courses such as CA, CS, CMA, etc. are also eligible to pursue MBA
- Working professionals with two or more years of experience from any field are also eligible to pursue MBA
BEST Government MBA Colleges in India
Although the IIMs are autonomous institutions, they fall under the category of government institutions as they are regulated and monitored by a panel appointed by the Ministry of Education. Check below, the top 10 government MBA colleges in India as per National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings 2021:
|Government MBA Colleges||NIRF Rankings 2021|
|Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||1|
|Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||2|
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||3|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||4|
|IIT Delhi – Department of Management Studies||5|
|Indian Institute of Management Indore||6|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||7|
|IIT Madras-Department of Management Studies||13|
Top Government MBA Colleges in India: Admission Process and Fees
MBA admission includes Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). Given below is the table indicating top government colleges in India and their selection criteria as well as course fee:
|Top MBA College||Selection Criteria and Cut Offs||MBA Course Fee|
|Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 23 lakh|
|Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 23 lakh|
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 23 lakh|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 19.00 lakh|
|IIT Delhi – Department of management Studies||CAT + GD, WAT and PI|
|INR 9.60 lakh|
|Indian Institute of Management Indore||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 17.07 lakh|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||CAT + WAT and PI|
|INR 19.00 lakh|
|IIT Kharagpur-VGSOM||CAT + GD, WAT and PI|
|INR 10.30 lakh|
|IIT Bombay-SJMSOM||CAT + GD, WAT and PI|
|INR 8.67 lakh|
|IIT Madras-Department of Management Studies||CAT + GD, WAT and PI|
|INR 6.91 lakh|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there any government MBA colleges in India?
Ans. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, JBIMS (Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai), and Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore are some other top government MBA colleges in India.
2. Which government MBA college has the best placement?
Ans. Top government MBA colleges in India according to placements
- Indian Institute of Management. Ahmadabad. …
- Indian Institute of Management. Bangalore. …
- Indian Institute of Management. Calcutta. …
- Indian Institute of Management. Lucknow. …
- FMS. Delhi. …
3. Is it good to do an MBA from Government College?
Ans. MBA can be equally beneficial even if done from private colleges provided that you have chosen the one from the A-list. If you pursue MBA from govt colleges like IIMs you hold the reputation for the rest of your life. There are many students who get the same package from Tier-1 private college as the IIMs.
4. Why are MBA fees so high?
Ans. Many programs incorporate the costs of international business trips, real-world consulting projects, and other experiences into their fees. Equally, organizing career fairs, workshops, and coaching makes providing an MBA an expensive endeavor for schools.
5. Is IIM government or private?
Ans. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are central government-owned-public business schools for management profession offering undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and executive programmes along with some additional courses in the field of business administration.
6. What is the annual fees of MBA?
Ans. MBA fees in India ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 40 lakh for two-year full-time program. Take a look at MBA college fees in India range-wise also know the reason why MBA fee structure varies from one institute to another. MBA fees in India for the full-time programme ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 40 lakh.
7. Which MBA specialisation is best?
Ans. Top 8 MBA Specialisation in India 2022
- MBA in Marketing Management.
- MBA in Financial Management.
- MBA in Human Resource Management.
- MBA in International Business.
- MBA in Logistics Management.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management.
- MBA in Enterprise Management.
- MBA in Artificial Intelligence.
MBA is one of the most popular postgraduate programmes in India. The two-year programme is a gateway to multiple managerial level job opportunities such as Finance Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, etc. This course curriculum is designed to impart knowledge related to operations of a business and managing the business operations.
90 percent of the MBA colleges in India are run as private colleges while seven per cent are run by the Government. So if a candidate wants to study in government mba colleges, so they have to study harder because competition is very tough.