Best BBA Colleges in Kolkata:
Kolkata, as West Bengal’s capital, attracts a large number of students interested in furthering their education. Candidates who meet the basic qualifying conditions get admitted to BBA colleges in Kolkata. Candidates will find a list of BBA colleges in Kolkata that is divided into categories depending on government or private ownership, courses and fees, and other characteristics.
Best BBA Colleges in Kolkata
The majority of candidates choose to further their education in government colleges, whether they be BBA colleges in Kolkata or any other stream and location. Bachelor of Business Administration is a three-year professional program that prepares students to enter the business world as young executives and managers by providing them with management and leadership abilities. The course is intended to be the initial step a student makes into the world of business, the basis upon which students may expand and improve their careers through courses such as MBA. Because of the popularity of this degree, a slew of BBA institutes have sprouted up across the country. This article examines a few reputable colleges that provide BBA in Kolkata.
1. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology was founded in 2000 through the Government of West Bengal to provide high-quality education and advanced programs in management, engineering and other areas of professional expertise, in order to help students become employed.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, School of Management was set in 2006 as a center for the study of advanced research and studies in Management. BBA is offered by the School of Management as a three-year undergraduate course.
Highlights from the Program
- Students who have passed 10+2 with at least 50% of their marks can apply for the programme.
- Students who choose to pursue BBA will be required to learn topics such as Business Communication, Computer Applications, Basics of Mathematics, Principles of Management, Business Laws, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Management Accounting and many more, in six semesters.
- The cost to the students for this course amounts to 70,500 rupees
- Students usually find work in Management, Accounting Finance, Marketing Legal Studies, and more.
2. NSHM Knowledge Campus
With the goal of establishing a knowledge center where careers follow students rather than the other way around. Within the last decade, NSHM Knowledge Campus has established itself as one of the greatest educational destinations in India. It is home to a variety of institutes, including the NSHM Business School, the NSHM College of Management and Technology, and the NSHM School of Hotel Management.
Students at NSHM benefit from a great infrastructure that includes technologically equipped classrooms, e-learning tools, a gym, indoor game facilities, a well-stocked library, and so on.
Highlights from the Program
- Students who have passed 10+2 with a minimum 50% marks can apply for the programme.
- Students who graduate with a BBA are able to pursue an MBA or PGDM at NSHM Business School.
- Students will be able to study a broad spectrum of subjects over the three years of their studies for example: English, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Principles of Management, Financial Accounting, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Transport Management, Social Research Methods, and more.
- Students have a broad range of careers to pick from when they complete their BBA. They can start their careers in areas such as Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain as well as Finance Management and Personnel Management just to mention some.
- The fee for BBA paid by NSHM is about the amount of Rs. 2.05 lakhs.
3. Techno India University
Techno India University is a private university, inaugurated on 7th August 2012, to create a workforce that is capable of meeting the global challenges of tomorrow and emphasis on the role played by knowledge in the transformation of the country. It offers the popular three year undergraduate course- BBA, which incorporates training and practical experience in the curriculum to equip students to understand the nitty gritty of the corporate world.
Highlights from the Program
- Students who have cleared 10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate are eligible to apply for this Programme.
- The institute charges approximately around Rs. 1,52,040 for the entire course.
- Modern facilities such as fully airconditioned classrooms, WiFi, library and labs are available for students.
- A number of reputed firms visit the campus for placements, such as Amazon, American Express, Axis Bank, IBM, Frankfinn, KPMG, Infosys and so on.
4. Institute of Leadership, Entrepreneurship And Development (iLEAD) Media and Management Institute
iLEAD is a UGC approved institute with world class facilities, and is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, with collaborations with more than 16 international institutions. It aims to provide the best media and management education and be recognized for its excellence in creating sharp business minds and visionaries.
Highlights from the Program
- Students who have completed their 10+2 with a minimum of a 50% aggregate are eligible to enroll for this Program. Students who are scheduled to take their Class XII final exams or are awaiting their results may be granted temporary admission based on their Group Discussion and Personal Interview scores.
- During their three years of study, students will study a variety of subjects such as English, Managerial Economics, Statistics, Environmental Sciences, Cost Accounting, Principles of Management, Financial Accounting, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Public Service Management, Research Methodology, and others.
- The institute charges roughly Rs 4 lakhs for the whole course for BBA.
Because there is a high demand for a professional education like BBA, a lot of colleges provide it.
What is the Reason to do BBA in Kolkata?
- BBA is an academic degree that is professional, following graduation, employment is guaranteed to the students. The BBA program provides a variety of employment opportunities to students.
- Students who have taken this course or are studying the course from the top BBA colleges within Kolkata will enjoy the benefit of a good placement departments. They are committed to developing the students and preparing students for the corporate world.
- Students with ability to lead and have the aptitude for advertising, banking, business and Accounts, etc., are able to follow this course
- The program is the foundation of business administration. It helps students select a specialization area later in their career to pursue higher education like MBA.
- BBA offers a high return on investment; it is worth the investment and the institutes hold regular meetings with experts from industry who provide them with the skills needed in this field.
- BBA is more than books and classroom learning. It reveals their managerial abilities through cases studies, visits to industry and guest lectures given by experts and many more.
Popular BBA Colleges in Kolkata
|College Name||Total Fees|
|St. Xavier’s College Kolkata||Rs 2,40 L|
|Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata||Rs 2.70 L|
|The Bhawanipore Education Society College||Rs 84,000|
|B.P. Poddar Institute OF Management And Technology (BPPIMT)||Rs 1.30 L|
|Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology||Rs 2.2 L|
Best BBA Government Colleges in Kolkata
The majority of candidates choose to further their education in government colleges, whether they be BBA colleges in Kolkata or any other stream and location. There are just two government-owned BBA institutions in Kolkata, which are mentioned below.
- BBA Colleges in Kolkata – Government
- Scottish Church College, Kolkata
- Asutosh College, Kolkata
Top BBA Colleges in Kolkata – By Specialization
Candidates seeking for a list of BBA colleges in Kolkata should also be aware that different specialties are available under the BBA programme at distinct institutes. The table below lists the top BBA colleges in India, as well as the BBA courses they provide.
Courses at BBA Colleges in Kolkata
|Name of the Institute||Course Name|
|IEM Kolkata - Institute of Engineering and Management||BBA|
|BBA Accountancy, Taxation and Auditing|
|BBA Global Business|
|BBA Hospital Management|
|BBA Sports Management|
|BBA Supply Chain Management|
|St Xavier's College, Kolkata||BBA Hons|
|Techno Main, Salt Lake||BBA|
|BBA Hospital Management|
|BBA Insurance and Risk Management|
|BBA Supply Chain Management|
UGC approved BBA colleges in Kolkata
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is among the most sought-after undergraduate degree options for students who wish to make a career in the field of management. There are numerous top BBA schools in Kolkata which provide BBA with a variety of specializations such as marketing, business analytics management, human resource supply chain, and more. Certain disciplines offer many opportunities to work across a variety of fields, with an attractive salary. There are many fields that offer employment opportunities. BBA Colleges’ eligibility criteria for admission to Kolkata is that the students have completed 10+2 at an approved board with 50% marks overall.
If you want to be an entrepreneur, and improve your leadership abilities, BBA will allow you to gain knowledge about the field of management. BBA is also designed to help build analytical and strategic abilities as well as business savvy as well as many other skills that can help you in your professional endeavors. There are many excellent BBA schools in Kolkata that provide high-quality education and offer better job prospects for students.
Best BBA Schools in Kolkata
Here is a list of the top BBA schools that are located in Kolkata from GetMyUni:
|Ranking||Name of College||BBA Tuition Fees Total (INR)|
|1||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science Kolkata||2,70,000|
|2||Institute of Management Study, (IMS) Kolkata||2,10,000|
|3||Sister Nivedita University, (SNU), Kolkata||2,77,000|
|4||Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata||2,40,150|
|5||George College, Kolkata||98,500|
How can I take admission in BBA in Kolkata?
A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with at least 60% aggregate (for General students) and (55 percent aggregate for Reserved candidates) marks in aggregate is eligible to apply for admission to the first year/semester B.B.A. (Hons.
Eligibility Criteria of Top BBA Colleges in Kolkata-
Every academic programme has its own set of requirements that candidates must meet. Candidates must also meet the qualifying requirements for admission to BBA colleges in Kolkata, which vary depending on their field of interest. The basic qualifying requirements for BBA colleges in Kolkata are usually comparable. However, certain BBA colleges in Kolkata may make adjustments to their BBA qualifying criteria as a result of this. The following are the essential requirements for admission to BBA colleges in Kolkata that a candidate must meet in order to pursue the course:
- Candidates who have finished their 10+2 level in any subject from a recognised school board are eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) programme.
- Candidates must have a 50 percent or higher aggregate score in Class 12 to qualify.
List of Private BBA Colleges in Kolkata-
There are many colleges that provide a variety of BBA specialities, according to the list of finest BBA colleges in Kolkata under private ownership. Candidates can apply according to the admissions process. A list of private BBA colleges in Kolkata is provided below:
|S. No.||Name of the Institute|
|1||NSHM Kolkata - NSHM Knowledge Campus|
|2||Techno India University, Kolkata|
|3||IEM Kolkata - Institute of Engineering and Management|
|4||St Xavier's College, Kolkata|
|5||Techno Main, Salt Lake|
|6||Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata|
|7||JDBI Kolkata - J D Birla Institute|
|8||The Heritage Academy, Kolkata|
|9||Future Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata|
|10||Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata|
Best BBA Government Colleges In Kolkata-
Government Colleges in Kolkata are as follows-
|Public Colleges||Course Fee (in Rs lakh)|
|Institute of International Trade (IITRADE), Kolkata||1.95|
|Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI), Kolkata||6.04|
|Acharya Prafulla Chandra College (APCC), Kolkata||-|
BBA Colleges in Kolkata Fee-
Knowing the cost structure is another key component for individuals looking for affordable BBA colleges in Kolkata. As a result, the table below offers a selection of BBA institutions in Kolkata, as well as the courses they offer and the costs associated with them.
|Name of the Institute||Course||Fees|
|Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata||BBA||Rs 1.83 lakh|
|JDBI Kolkata||BBA||Rs 5.38 lakh|
|The Heritage Academy, Kolkata||BBA||Rs 3.35 lakh|
|Future Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata||BBA||Rs 2.65 lakh|
|BBA Hospital Management||Rs 2.65 lakh|
|Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata||BBA Hons||Rs 2.7 lakh|
|BBA Risk and Insurance Management||Rs 2.7 lakh|
|BBA Supply Chain Management||Rs 2.7 lakh|
|George College, Sealdah||BBA||Rs 1.96 lakh|
|BBA Hospital Management||Rs 2.32 lakh|
|BBA Sports Management||Rs 1.96 lakh|
Top Recruiters for BBA Graduates-
Students might get placement prospects in a big number of BBA colleges in Kolkata. Colleges give students with opportunity to expand their knowledge and obtain practical experience. The following is a list of some of the top companies that hire BBA students, along with their placement ratings:
|ISHM, Kolkata||Spicejet, Amazon, Aditya Birla Group Expedia, AMRI Medical Centre, Hyatt, Taj, etc.|
|Eminent College of Management and Technology (ECMT), Kolkata||Eden Realty, Vivo, Sliem Skills, TCS, MNG Academy, Kotak Mahindra, Anjali Jewelers, Orion Edutech, Business Economi, Kredent Academy, Swastika Investmart, Tikona, etc.|
|KEI, Kolkata||GNRC Hospital, ILS Hospital, NH Hospital, Apollo, Spandan, etc.|
|DAITM, Kolkata||TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, Wipro, Capgemini, Deloitte, Apollo Clinic, Suraksha-Clinic, NH Hospital, ICICI Bank, Krypton Systems, AMRI Hospitals, Genpact, etc.|
|The Heritage Academy, Kolkata||CTS, Federal Bank, IGATE, Infosys, SAP, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, etc.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. In Kolkata, which college offers the best BBA programme?
Ans. The best BBA colleges in Kolkata are A- NSHM campus and Future Institute of Technology and Management, which are higher in the institute ranking.
Q. In Kolkata, how many BBA colleges are there?
Ans. There are 54 BBA colleges in Kolkata, according to the list of BBA institutions in Kolkata.
Q. What is the cheapest BBA college in Kolkata?
Ans. Asutosh College and Scotish Church College, both government-owned BBA colleges in Kolkata, are the most cost-effective among the best BBA colleges in Kolkata.
Q. How much does a BBA college in Kolkata cost?
Ans. The cost of a BBA programme in Kolkata varies between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 3 lakh.
Q. Can I enroll into a BBA college in Kolkata without taking an entrance exam?
Ans. In Kolkata, there is no main entrance examination for admission to BBA colleges. The admissions process is primarily based on merit.
Q. Where can I find a list of government BBA colleges in Kolkata?
Ans. According to the list of BBA colleges in Kolkata, A- Asutosh College and Scottish Church College are the only government institutions.