Tier 2 MBA colleges are well equipped with modern infrastructure, some are pocket-friendly, and have good faculty and placement cells. Some of the private tier 2 MBA institutes also offer exchange programs with foreign universities. These institutes are also ranked in the top 50, in the MBA institute ranking order. Most of them select candidates on the basis of common entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, SNAP, MAT, MAH-CET, and GMAT, so the candidates do not have to appear for a separate exam. In other words, these colleges are the next best choice if you can’t make it to the top 25 institutes. We have listed 40 Tier 2 institutes and their popular courses for your benefit.
Also check the top 10 MBA colleges in India, along with other ranking colleges
Given below is the list of the top 10 MBA colleges in India as per the NIRF ranking 2022.
|Top 10 MBA Colleges in India||NIRF MBA Ranking 2022|
|IIT Delhi DoMS||4|
Top 40 Tier 2 MBA Institutes
Here’s a list of some of the popular MBA colleges to consider while planning a career in management.
Top Tier 2 MBA Colleges in India
Every management aspirant wants to get into a top B-School of their choice. But often things don’t go as planned. In such a scenario, the candidates must not lose heart. There are many reputed MBA colleges in India that offer world-class management education and good placements. So, if you can’t get through your desired institute, start hunting for the next best option for MBA admission. With more than 3,500 MBA colleges in India, it can be a daunting task to select the right institute for yourself. So apart from the Tier 1 institutes which are top-ranked in India, one can also consider Tier 2 colleges.
List of Top MBA Colleges in India (Private & Government)
There are over 3,000 private MBA colleges in India, over 500 public/ government MBA colleges in India and about 70 public-private MBA colleges in India, as listed on Shiksha.
Here is the List of Top Private MBA Colleges in India:
|Best Private MBA Colleges in India||Course Fee (in INR)|
|XLRI Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur||23.60 L|
|MDI Gurgaon||21.34 L|
|NITIE, Mumbai||11.33 L|
|SPJIMR, Mumbai||17.87 L|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||10.20 L|
|SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||10.42 L|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||11.81 L|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi||8.85 L|
|International Management Institute, Delhi||18.34 L|
|ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad||14.14 L|
Here is the List of Top 10 Government Colleges for MBA
|Top Government Colleges for MBA||Course Fee (in INR)|
|IIM Ahmedabad||23.00 L|
|IIM Bangalore||18.70 L|
|IIM Calcutta||10.10 L|
|IIM Kozhikode||20.50 L|
|IIT Delhi-DoMS||8.80 L|
|IIM Indore||17.06 L|
|IIM Lucknow||5.69 L|
|IIT Kharagpur-VGSOM||9.26 L|
|IIT Bombay-SJMSOM||8.67 L|
|IIT Madras-DoMS||8.00 L|
Best Placement MBA Colleges in India 2022:
Key highlights of Placements 2022 of Top MBA Colleges are shared below:
1. IIM Calcutta Final Placement 2022: Highlights
IIM Calcutta has completed 100 percent final placement in 2022 with an all-time high average salary of Rs.34.20 LPA for its largest batch of 465 students receiving offers from 190 recruiters. With a 49 percent contribution in placements, the consulting industry has once again secured the greatest share of recruiting. The top recruiters were Accenture Strategy and the Boston Consulting Group, EY, Bain & Company, and HUL.
IIM Calcutta Placements 2022: Key Highlights
Following are the key highlights of IIM Calcutta Placement 2022:
- The whole placement process was conducted virtually amid the pandemic.
- Achieves 100% placement for the class 2022 with more offers despite the large batch
- The average salary increased by 18% to Rs.34.2 LPA in Placement 2022 from Rs.29 LPA last year
- The median salary has gone up at Rs.31 LPA in Placement 2022 from Rs.27 LPA last year
- All time High Average Salary
- Large batch size with 465 students in Placement 2022
- 631 offers were rolled out
- The number of Recruiters making placement offers increased to 190 from 172 last year
- 49% Batch got Placed in Consulting domain
- Finance & Consulting together have a 67% share in Placement 2022
- Accenture, Boston Consulting Group, EY, Bain & Co, and HUL emerge as top recruiters
2. FMS Delhi Final Placements 2022: Highlights
FMS Delhi completed 100% Placement 2022 for its MBA 2020-22 batch with the highest ever average salary which has gone up by 24% at Rs.32.4 LPA from Rs.26.2 LPA last year while the median salary has gone up by 25% at Rs.30 LPA. All the participating 257 students got lucrative Placement offers from marquee companies including Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Co, BCG, ITC, Kearney, Microsoft, and Standard Chartered among others. Key highlights of Placements are shared below:
FMS Delhi Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- Despite the Covid-19 pandemic condition, 100% placement
- Final Placement 2022 was virtually held for both students and recruiters.
- The average salary increases by 24 percent to Rs.32.4 LPA in Placement 2022, up from Rs.26.20 LPA last year.
- Overall median salary grew by 25% to Rs.30 LPA from Rs.24 LPA the previous year.
- The average salary for the top 25% of the cohort was 48.4 LPA.
- The average salary for the top half of the cohort was Rs.40.78 LPA.
- The highest salary was Rs.58 LPA.
- 95% of the offers made were above 20 LPA
- 24% rise in the number of offers made in the BFSI sector.
- 257 Students out of 269 participated in the Placement process in 2022
- Top recruiters include Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Co, BCG, ITC, Kearney, Microsoft, Standard Chartered, KPMG, EY, Axis Bank, Bharti Enterprises, Citibank, and CRISIL among others
3. SPJIMR Mumbai Final Placements 2022: Highlights
Mumbai SPJIMR Final Placements for the PGDM Class of 2022 was completed in a record amount of process hours, with participation from 70 notable recruiters. The average yearly compensation for Placements 2022 has increased by 23 percent to Rs.32.05 Lakhs, putting SPJIMR in the same category as leading IIMs. PPOs were given to 52% of the cohort. Consulting emerged as the top recruitment industry, with Accenture, Bain & Co, BCG, and KPMG hiring heavily.
SPJIMR PGDM Placements 2022: Highlights
- Participants in the Batch: 238
- Average Salary: 32.05 LPA (23% increase compared to last year)
- Highest Salary: 53.16 LPA (14% increase compared to last year)
- Median Salary: 30.10 LPA (20% increase compared to last year)
- Number of companies participating: 70
- Total Number of Pre-Placement Offers: 123
- Number of first-time recruiters: 33
- 14% of offerings were equal to or more than INR 40 LPA.
- 30% of offerings equaling or above INR 35 LPA
- 59% of offerings were equal to or more than INR 30 LPA.
- 87 percent of offerings equaled or above INR 25 LPA
- Top Recruiters KPMG, Accenture Strategy, Bain & Co., Boston Consulting Group, Amazon, P&G, Hindustan Unilever, Deloitte
4. IIM Kozhikode Final Placements 2022: Highlights
IIM Kozhikode has seen a 31.3 percent increase in average remuneration, which now stands at Rs.29.5 LPA in Placement 2022. IIMK’s final Placement 2022 finished with a 58 percent increase in offers in the Consulting sector for the 2020-22 class of 546 students. The placement campaign was completed in three days with 100% placements. The students received offers from 116 recruiters, including 39 new recruiters.
IIM Kozhikode Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- In three days, we got 100% placement.
- The average wage has increased by 31.3 percent to Rs.29.5 LPA from Rs.22.53 LPA the previous year.
- The median wage has increased by 32.5 percent to Rs.26.50 LPA from Rs.20 LPA the previous year.
- There are 40 students from the PGP- F, and PGP- LSM courses among the 546 pupils placed.
- 116 firms distributed 571 offers.
- Placement 2022 attracted 39 new recruiters.
- Consulting saw a 58 percent increase in offers and emerged as the top recruitment industry, accounting for 41 percent of all offers distributed in Placement 2022.
- Top Recruiters included ABInBev, Accenture, Amazon, Avendus Capital, Bain & Company, BCG, Capgemini, Citi Bank, Credit Suisse, D.E. Shaw, Deloitte, E&Y, Goldman Sachs, Google, HUL, McKinsey, PwC, RPG
5. JBIMS Mumbai Final Placements 2022: Highlights
Final placement at Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) in Mumbai The 2022 season ended with 100% placements and a 19% increase in average compensation, which now stands at Rs.27.63 LPA, up from Rs.23.16 LPA the previous year. The largest recruitment industry was consulting, which received 39% of all offers, followed by BFSI and IB, which received 36% of all offers. The top recruiters were Accenture, Udaan, Colgate, D.E. Shaw, and PwC.
JBIMS Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- Obtains 100 percent placements
- Average Salary Increases by 19% to Rs.27.63 LPA from Rs.23.16 LPA the previous year
- The median salary has increased by 18.9 percent to Rs.26.49 LPA, up from Rs.22.28 LPA the previous year.
- The highest salary was Rs.42 LPA, down from Rs.44 LPA last year.
- The average wage of the top 25% has risen by 15.8 percent to Rs.31.54 LPA, up from Rs.22.28 LPA the previous year.
- Top Recruiters include Accenture, Udaan, Colgate, D.E. Shaw, PwC
- Consulting emerged as the top recruiting sector with 39% of students placed
6. MDI Gurgaon Final Placements 2022: Highlights
MDI Gurgaon, one of India’s leading business schools, has completed its placement in 2022 with a 15% increase in the average wage, which has increased to Rs.26.65 LPA for PGDM and PGDM-IB from Rs.23.15 LPA. IT & Operations provided the highest income of 1.14 crores, a 159 percent increase over the previous year. Amazon, Deloitte, PwC, Cognizant, and ICICI Bank emerged as the top recruiters among the 87 recruiters who participated in placement in 2022.
MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2022: Key Highlights
Key Highlights in MDI Placement 2022 are:
- The huge batch of 391 students received 100% placement.
- The median salary would be Rs. 23.50 LPA in 2022, up from Rs. 23 LPA last year.
- The average salary for PGDM and PGDM IB is Rs.26.65 LPA, up from Rs.23.15 LPA the previous year.
- In 2022, the average salary for a PGDM-HRM will be Rs.23.80 LPA.
- The highest salary in 2022 increased by 159 percent to Rs.1.14 crores from Rs.44 lakhs the previous year.
- The participating firms provided 131 PPOs.
- Placement 2022 attracted 87 companies.
- The number of first-time recruiters was 35.
- Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Microsoft, Aditya Birla, Godrej, and Goldman Sachs were among the top recruiters in Placement 2022.
- IT & Operations domain offered the highest salary of Rs.1.14 Cr
- Consulting & General Management domain rolled out a maximum number of 171 offers
- Maximum offers made by a single company were 38
7. SJMSoM IIT Bombay Final Placements 2022: Highlights
SJMSOM – Despite the Covid epidemic, IIT Bombay finished MBA Placement 2022 with 100 percent placements and an 18.1 percent increase in the average wage. While the average income has risen to Rs.25.93 LPA from Rs.21.96 LPA the previous year, the maximum compensation in placement 2022 has risen to Rs.49 LPA from Rs.32 LPA the previous year. Accenture, JPMC, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, and Amazon were among the top recruiters. The following are key placement highlights:
SJMSOM IIT Bombay MBA Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- Completes 100% placement for the MBA 2020-22 class
- The average salary rose by 18.10 percent to Rs.25.93 LPA from Rs.21.96 LPA the previous year.
- The highest remuneration has increased by 53% to Rs.49 LPA from Rs.32 LPA the previous year.
- The median salary climbed from Rs.22 LPA last year to Rs.25.80 LPA this year.
- 110 students are qualified for Placement 2022, with 65 PPOs available. A 44.4 percent increase was seen.
- Average Salary for the Top 50%: Rs.31.14 LPA
- Female students earn an average of Rs.29.80 LPA.
- The batch’s average age is 24 years.
- The batch’s average employment experience is 23 months.
- Consulting is the top recruiting sector, accounting for 28% of all placements.
- IT/ITES is the top recruiting domain, accounting for 40% of all placements.
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, KPMG, Amazon, JPMC, PwC, Deloitte, Yes Bank, GEP, Infosys, Noura, Wipro, Godrej, and P&G among others
8. IIFT MBA (IB) Placements 2022: Highlights
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), which has campuses in Delhi and Kolkata, has completed final placement 2022 for its MBA (IB) 2020-22 cohort, maintaining its 100% placement record. Despite an increase in batch size, IIFT’s average package has increased by 19.35 percent to Rs.25.16 LPA from Rs.21.08 LPA last year. This year, 82 companies engaged in the IIFT placements process.
IIFT Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- Completed 100 percent placements Average Salary increased by 19.35 percent to Rs.25.16 LPA from Rs.21.08 LPA the previous year
- In Placement 2022, the median salary rises to Rs.24 LPA from Rs.20 LPA the previous year.
- The highest domestic salary was Rs.46.50 LPA.
- The highest international salary was Rs.80 LPA.
- The average income for the top 25% of students has climbed to Rs 34.3 LPA.
- Finance appears as the leading recruitment domain with 23% of offers in Placements 2022, with 82 total recruiters.
- Top Recruiters include Accenture Strategy, Deloitte Consulting, EY, Infosys, EXL, Mckinsey, Reliance, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, Google, ITC, JP Morgan Chase & Co, L’Oréal, Microsoft, Shangrila, Tata Steel, Trafigura, Wipro, ZS Associates, Dell Technologies, Citibank, Crisil, DE Shaw, HDFC Bank, HSBC
9. IIM Indore Final Placements 2022: Highlights
Beating the Covid epidemic, the Triple Crowned IIM Indore has accomplished 100 percent final placement in 2022, with a 6% increase in average remuneration to Rs.25.01 LPA from Rs.23.6 LPA last year. The highest annual salary is Rs.49 LPA. 572 students from the 2-year PGP and 5-year IPM programs received job offers from 180 renowned recruiters from a variety of industries and vocations. With a 31% market share, consulting emerged as the most important recruiting domain.
IIM Indore Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- IIM Indore held Placement 2022 with a 100% placement rate for a big batch of 572 candidates, both for 2 years PGP and 5 years IPM.
- The average salary rises by 6% to Rs.25.01 LPA in placement 2022, up from Rs.23.60 LPA last year.
- The average remuneration of the batch’s top 100 students has increased to Rs.37.95 LPA from Rs.33 LPA the previous year.
- The average salary of the top 200 students has increased to Rs. 32.75 LPA.
- The median salary in Placement 2022 has increased by 6.6 percent to Rs.24.09 LPA.
- The highest salary has increased to Rs.49 LPA in placement 2022, up from Rs.41.50 LPA last year.
- Placement 2022 drew 180 Marquee Recruiters, including 30 first-time recruiters.
- 69 percent of recruits work in consulting, finance, sales, and marketing.
- Accenture, Avalon, Samsung, Tata Steel, Titan, Whirlpool, Bain & Company, BCG, Deloitte, E&Y, Infosys, KPMG, McKinsey, PWC, Aditya Birla, Bajaj Auto, BMW, Cisco, L’Oreal, Marico, and Xiaomi are among the top recruiters.
10. DMS-IIT Delhi MBA Placements 2022: Highlights
IIT Delhi’s Department of Management Studies (DMS) has once again achieved 100% placement for its MBA 2020-22 cohort, with an 18% increase in average compensation at Rs.21.9 LPA and an 8% increase in maximum salary at Rs.36.7 LPA. The batch’s median income rises by 27 percent to Rs.20.6 LPA. Moreover, a quarter of the students were placed in the Sales & Marketing area. Among the top recruiters are Rockwell, Texas, Accenture, Barclays, Capgemini, Deloitte, EXL, KPMG, and McKinsey. The following are key placement highlights:
10.1 DMS IIT Delhi MBA Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements
- Average Salary in Placement 2022 goes up at Rs.21.9 LPA from Rs.18.50 LPA last year
- The highest Salary in Placement 2022 goes up at Rs.36.7 LPA from Rs.33.80 LPA last year
- The median Salary in Placement 2022 goes up at Rs.20.6 LPA from Rs.16.20 LPA last year
- The average Salary for Female students goes up to Rs.21.90 LPA in Placement 2022
- 25% share in placement has gone to Sales & Marketing domain
- 24% of Students preferred Strategy and Consulting domain
- Top Recruiters include Accenture, Bain & Company, Barclays, Capgemini, Deloitte, DE Shaw, EXL, KPMG, McKinsey & Company, Axtria, PwC, Microsoft, and Paytm, among others
Placements 2022 at IIMs & Top Non-IIM B-Schools
|MBA College||Placement 2022 Status||Average Salary (Rs.in Lakhs)|
|IIM Calcutta Placement 2022||Completed||34.20|
|IIM Ahmedabad Placement 2022||Completed||Awaited|
|IIM Bangalore Placement 2022||Completed||Awaited|
|SPJIMR Mumbai Placement 2022||Completed||32.05|
|ISB Hyderabad Placement 2022||Completed||34.07|
|FMS Delhi Placement 2022||Completed||32.40|
|IIM Kozhikode Placement 2022||Completed||29.50|
|IIM Lucknow Placement 2022||Completed||Not Disclosed|
|SJMSoM IIT Bombay Placement 2022||Completed||25.93|
|IIFT Delhi/Kolkata Placement 2022||Completed||25.16|
|IIM Indore Placement 2022||Completed||25.01|
|JBIMS Mumbai Placement 2022||Completed||27.63|
|SIBM Pune Placement 2022||Completed||23.06|
|IIM Udaipur Placement 2022||Completed||17.50|
|XIM Bhubaneswar Placement 2022||Completed||17.54|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli Placement 2022||Completed||17.00|
|IIM Rohtak Placement 2022||Completed||16.06|
|IMT Ghaziabad Placement 2022||Completed||15.28|
|IMI New Delhi Placement 2022||Completed||15.23|
|TAPMI Manipal Placement 2022||Completed||12.60|
|Great Lakes Chennai Placement 2022||Completed||12.50 (PGDM)17.86 (PGPM)|
|GIM Goa Placement 2022||Completed||12.00|
|K J Somaiya Mumbai Placement 2022||Completed||10.67|
|IIM Nagpur Placement 2022||Completed||14.94|
|IIM Amritsar Placement 2022||Completed||14.63|
|IIM Visakhapatnam Placement 2022||Completed||14.60|
|IIM Sambalpur Placement 2022||Completed||12.64|
|IRMA Anand Placement 2022||Completed||14.33|
|FORE New Delhi Placement 2022||Completed||14.04|
|SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai||In Process||14.07|
|IIM Bodh Gaya Placement 2022||Completed||12.36|
|LBSIM New Delhi Placement 2022||Completed||11.30|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida Placement 2022||Completed||9.38|
|SDMIMD Mysore Placement 2022||Completed||8.9|
The best MBA College in India is IIM Ahmedabad, which is ranked first by various ranking agencies. According to the NIRF rankings 2021, IMI New Delhi, DMS IIT Delhi, and JMI Delhi are among the best MBA colleges in Delhi. The latest Financial Times Masters in Management (MiM) Rankings 2021 place IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, and SPJIMR among the world’s top 50 institutes. IIM Ahmedabad is ranked 26th, SPJIMR is ranked 39th, and IIM Bangalore is ranked 47th.
Best MBA Colleges in India with Low Fees
|S. No.||College||Scores Accepted||Flagship Program Name||Course/Tuition Fee (in Rs.)||Average Salary Package (Rs. Lakh Per Annum)|
|1||FMS, Delhi||CAT||Full-Time MBA||20,960||20.96|
|2||Department of Financial Studies (DFS), DU||CAT||MFC / MBE||48,000||9.2|
|3||Delhi School of Economics, DU||CAT||MBA (IB/HRD)||31392||13 to 14|
|4||Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai||TISSNET||MBA in HRM and LR||1,14,600||20.06|
|5||Pune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA)||For Maharashtra candidates- MAH CETFor OMC: CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/ MAH CET||Full-time MBA||For Maharashtra state candidates: 1.32 lakhFor all other state candidates: 1.33 lakh||7.6|
|6||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||CAT / CMAT / GMAT / XAT||PGDM||12,35,850- Tuition Fees||10.05|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are some of the top Tier 2 B schools in India?
Ans. Some of the noted names in the Tier 2 B-schools include KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (KJ SIMSR) Mumbai, TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Bangalore, Institute of Management, Nirma University Ahmedabad, to name a few.
Q2. What are the MBA entrance exams that are accepted by these B-schools?
Ans. The popular MBA entrance exams accepted by the Tier 2 B-schools include CAT, XAT, MAT, and CMAT among others. Some of the B-schools conduct their own entrance exams as well along with accepting the scores of the popular MBA entrance exams. Some of the B-schools also accept state-level MBA entrance exams.
Q3. What are the eligibility criteria for the Tier 2 B-schools in India?
Ans. The basic eligibility criteria of the Tier 2 B-schools indicate that the candidates should have passed or in the final year of graduation. While some B-schools have the criterion of 50 percent minimum aggregate in the bachelor’s degree. Secondly, the applicants should have a valid score in any one or more MBA entrance exams.
Q4. What is the application process for the Tier 2 B schools in India?
Ans. The application process for the MBA entrance exams is mostly online. Candidates have to visit the official website of the B-schools and fill up the online application form with their personal, academic, program, and other details. The application fee has to be paid online mode through Credit/Debit Card, Net banking, or UPI. Applicants must ensure that they fill up all the mandatory details in order to be eligible for the admission process.
Q5. Is there any chance that the application deadline for these B-schools would be extended?
Ans. Yes, the application deadline in the Tier 2 B-schools is often extended to provide an optimum chance to the MBA aspirants to get admission to the B-School of their choice. The application window is extended until the intake capacity is fulfilled.
Q6. What is the MBA entrance exam cut-off range for the Tier 2 B schools in India?
Ans. The cut-off for the MBA entrance exams generally ranges from 70 percentile to 90 percentile and above.
Q7. What is the final admission procedure observed by these B-schools?
Ans. The B-schools shortlist the candidates based on the eligibility criteria and the entrance exam scores or percentiles. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test, and Personal Interview rounds. The final selection will be made on the basis of the performance in the MBA entrance exam and personal appearance rounds. Some of the institutes may consider previous academic records and overall profiles such as work experience, extracurricular activities, etc.
Q8. When does the session start at the Tier 2 B schools in India?
Ans. Generally, as per the academic session of two-year full-time management programs, the academic session generally commences in the month of August or September. However, in case of unforeseen situations such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the session may get postponed.
MBA is one of the most popular postgraduate programs in India. The two-year program is a gateway to multiple managerial level job opportunities such as Finance Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, etc. This course curriculum is designed to impart knowledge related to the operations of a business and managing the business operations.
90 percent of the MBA colleges in India are run as private colleges while seven percent are run by the Government. So if a candidate wants to study in government MBA colleges, they have to study harder because competition is very tough.